We need an independent commission to look at what happened in Afghanistan

I couldn't read the first link due to the firewall. I only buy the NYT. I saw the second link some time back, but had forgotten about it. But yeah, the Taliban and AQ should have been decapitated in 2001. And the Iraq qWagmire should not have been a surprise, and it wasn't to me. Or Obama for that matter. Trump in retrospect came to agree. LOL

I'm still not sure what was gained by keeping those American GI's and Marines there. Maybe something. AQ is still there. We'll find out.

Shirk responsibility, blame others, call names
Lib 101
You are in fact and as I stated bleating that poor ole Joe could not stop or alter the wheels that Trump had set in motion
Absolutely false and a feckless, gutless abandonment of who is running the show but that’s how you responsibility abdicators roll.
Lol, do you even speak English? What ever short bus

given how easily we weaponize things, this wouldn't stand a chance. today we can't even decide who's what gender.

til people pull away from hate and arguing about people, not problems, it will never get any better.

all that said, it's a fair question. biden was short and to the point in his press conference, from what i saw. like it or not, this will haunt him, and to a degree, it should. the horrors of people falling from planes and, unfortunately, worse, are his to bear now. fair or not, it's the weight of the president and decision maker. i didn't see him back away from that.

he could have done it better, but did we really unplug our last generator when no one was looking, or did we in fact give several weeks warning and offer to pay to get people out, and they chose to stay like people do when a hurricane is coming? given the unfortunate state of our media, who the hell knows.

and that is also a part of this problem.

if we as a country are to "do better" then we as a country need to stop bickering about our petty differences and see that in our desire to one up the other mindset at any cost, we fail to see that cost is the very ground we're fighting from. to look at this problem and do it justice and try to learn from it, we have to decide who we want to be when we grow up.

we don't know that anymore. not collectively so til we do, this would be just another blind leading the blind mission regardless of the good intentions. how can we fix our behavior if we either don't see it as wrong or can't agree on what is right?

we got a lot of hate that needs to be put away before we can figure out who we want to be, then possibly learn from who we have been in cases such as this.

biden has done a lot of things wrong in my eyes. but this one, well there was no "right" out there to be found.

now, where do we go from here?
Thanks for a thoughtful reply, rare these days. I personally am conflicted on this, and angry....

It isn't just a Biden problem, it didn't start now, and it goes much deeper than what happened today. It requires some serious political soul searching and our broken hyperpatisan political system is incapable of doing that with integrity.

Some of the questions that come to me, as more and more news reveals hidden cracks.

1. What did various military and civilian intelligence say, know, miss?
2. What was relayed to Biden, and his national security team?
3.What was happening with Afghan leadership?
4. What information, if any, was ignored by Biden?
5. Could the outcome have been different while still allowing withdrawal and how?
6. What has the Taliban been doing since they signed that agreement?

More questions.
We don’t need a commission to find out what common sense should tell you. Bidumb fucked this thing. Start to finish every decision he made was the worst option available. Are you so partisan stupid you need a commission to tell you that?

Your biased politics amuse me. So if the president were Mike Pence or HRC and not Trump we would have zero deaths? That is your statement?
Where did I write that? Nowhere would be the answer. Straw man arguments are your favorite fallacy.

We don’t need a commission to find out what common sense should tell you. Bidumb fucked this thing. Start to finish every decision he made was the worst option available. Are you so partisan stupid you need a commission to tell you that?
I suspect you are so partisan stupid you can’t see this didn’t happen in a vacuum.

I suspect you are so partisan stupid you can’t see this didn’t happen in a vacuum.
It did happen in a vacuum. One person caused it. All this brain dead I’ve cream eating retard had to do was not fuck up the status quo. That’s all. Don’t fuck it up. And he did just that. Even obie knew not to fuck it up. He played around the edges but knew not to do this. Bidumb wasn’t even that smart and fucked it bad.

I already formed a commission, looked at the facts, and concluded Biden is a stuttering, drooling, stumbling clusterfuck. And he owns the debacle he created in Afghanistan.

yer welcome.
That wasn’t a commission, that was your reflection in the mirror.

You haven’t looked at the “facts”...how can you if you rely on an echo chamber for information. If can have hearings on Benghazi, we ought to at least look at this.

I don’t know specifically what you two are talking about but it’s pretty well documented you’re an idiot.
Oh good. Another name calling stalker. Let me guess: You’re all over the covid threads complaining about safety measures, you think the election was stolen, and you are a homophobe? At least 2 of 3 have to be right. Right?

We pointed out that Trump did do this...

There was an agreement to be out of Afghan by April, that would mean that this should have been close to done and dusted by the time Biden became President.

it is August... Biden had to either stick to Trump's agreement or send tens of thousands of more troops into an area with no exit strategy...

Trump was the one who set this up... Could Biden have done better, yes... But lets not forget getting out of this county by April was set up by Trump...

Biden is just honouring the deal..
Total MSM bullshit. Trump would have never presided over such a debacle.

Coyote? Who ordered the last 2500 troops out without first getting all the Americans out first?

Link?

Trump drew troops down from around 50k to 2500 without any changes in the situation on the ground.

Clusterfuck Joe couldn’t figure out how to get the last 3 yards over the goal line.
50 soldiers died under Trumps leadership in Afghanistan. Zero under Biden. Biden is a God damned hero.

Forum List

Back