We should rid ourselves of redundant Federal Bureaucracies...and use the money more wisely.

China spends less than 200 billion on their military. That is the second largest expenditure for military in the world. So then if we spend 200 milion we beat that and we still have money to invest in our citizens.
The Chinese spend two hundred billion because everything they buy costs what the government says it does. What they spend has no correlation to what things actually cost in man hours and materials. There was a study done back in the Cold War about the Soviet level of spending comparing known costs. I forget what the base was, but calculated to take the Soviet lies out of the equation, they were spending several times what the west was for comparable gear.

Okay. Lets say you have a 50 gazillion mm howitzer in your garage. I have a slingshot. Its 2024.

Do you buy another 100 gazillion mm howitzer in 2025 because I've upgraded to a BB gun?

Thats what we're doing in defense.

Why?

Jobs. Pork. Nothing else.
Why do you think we're providing weapons to Ukraine?

Get rid of the stockpiles so we can keep the military contractors in business replenishing the supply.

Hard to keep the machinery of weapons production churning with no wars to justify the expenditures.

Why do you think we're providing weapons to Ukraine?

Get rid of the stockpiles so we can keep the military contractors in business replenishing the supply.

Hard to keep the machinery of weapons production churning with no wars to justify the expenditures.
LOL...

Wow....you could be having a breakthrough.... You're suggesting we should cut military spending??????

The Chinese spend two hundred billion because everything they buy costs what the government says it does. What they spend has no correlation to what things actually cost in man hours and materials. There was a study done back in the Cold War about the Soviet level of spending comparing known costs. I forget what the base was, but calculated to take the Soviet lies out of the equation, they were spending several times what the west was for comparable gear.
There was a professional anecdote going around when I was with Army Intelligence.

This was back before the end of the Cold War.

The question was why are there no suitcase nukes.

The American don't develop them because the day after they were perfected everyone would know about it and the plans would be on the desks of each of our enemies by the end of the week.

The Soviets don't develope them because they'd go 10 times over budget, it would be the size of a sherman tank and only detonate one out of four times.

If anything, we need more federal investment in the states, not less. There are plenty of federal redundancies that we can get rid of. Space Force for one.

Whatever it is that these folks want, it's not the United STATES of America. Their dreams are always simple and uniform. They imagine their people in power and their people will never, ever turn on them. Nope. Never gonna happen.

Any department that is mirrored by a state level department is redundant and should be dismantled, starting with the Department of Education.

I'm sure once upon a time this agency was established with the best intentions...but now it's time to return these duties and responsibilities back to the States.

We should be using these wasted funds for something NOT redundant. Perhaps a federally funded Innocence Project that reviews the cases of convicted criminals to combat miscarriages of justice like this one...

But money is not unlimited. We need to end redundancy and put part of the savings to better use.
I'm hoping pres. Trump pushes for the defunding of both the Dept. Of Education & the EPA. Education can be left up to each independent state regarding both state financed schooling as well as privately funded & operated schools. As far as the environment goes each state will set their own agenda for their air & turf sans federal property. Interstate waterways(rivers) would be monitored by the feds "Interstate River Agency" or "IRA". Off shore saltwater would remain in the jurisdiction of our U.S. Coast Guard.

Any department that is mirrored by a state level department is redundant and should be dismantled, starting with the Department of Education.

I'm sure once upon a time this agency was established with the best intentions...but now it's time to return these duties and responsibilities back to the States.

We should be using these wasted funds for something NOT redundant. Perhaps a federally funded Innocence Project that reviews the cases of convicted criminals to combat miscarriages of justice like this one...

But money is not unlimited. We need to end redundancy and put part of the savings to better use.
Kill off the public service unions to save $$$$$!

I'm hoping pres. Trump pushes for the defunding of both the Dept. Of Education & the EPA. Education can be left up to each independent state regarding both state financed schooling as well as privately funded & operated schools. As far as the environment goes each state will set their own agenda for their air & turf sans federal property. Interstate waterways(rivers) would be monitored by the feds "Interstate River Agency" or "IRA". Off shore saltwater would remain in the jurisdiction of our U.S. Coast Guard.
Privately funded schools....

Any limitation on who can fund a school? Soros could fund all the schools in Florida. You good with that?

I read: We want a faster, trimmer form of fascism.

#VOTETRUMP4LASTELECTION

That’s why I’m writing in Javier Milei for President

That’s great, what does that do for our military? Realize that we only have the best military and firepower because we spend so much, if we cut our military budget to 200bn, we’d lose that adavantage. Also remember, our government overspends on…everything. So, that 800bn we spend….what does that get us compared to other countries that spend 200bn on their military?
We have way too many overseas bases and too much Brass

How do you get to become a 4 Star General in Space Force anyway?

There are plenty of federal priorities that need to be addressed. Schools are crumbling but, for some reason, school districts are still magically able to find money to send kids across the state to play meaningless football and softball games.

And as we've seen from many previous experiences, states spend money unevenly. Such as 3 hour wait times to vote in Atlanta.

Gee, whatdoyaknow....in a black neighborhood too. I'm sure its just a coincidence.

The Air Force space command was doing a fine job at that mission.

Ok, sounds like states need to prioritize their spending, but, still, federal government being the most inefficient, sending money to them, to have them turn around and send it back to the states is just a step too many. Besides, it gives power to the federal government it shouldn’t have.

Both of those problems can be solved at the state level, if the people start holding their local officials accountable.

Space force:

I was unaware that the Air Force was tasked with keeping our interests in space secure, that is before space force was tucked under their wing.

China spends less than 200 billion on their military. That is the second largest expenditure for military in the world. So then if we spend 200 milion we beat that and we still have money to invest in our citizens.
Facts!

Ok, sounds like states need to prioritize their spending, but, still, federal government being the most inefficient, sending money to them, to have them turn around and send it back to the states is just a step too many. Besides, it gives power to the federal government it shouldn’t have.
That isn't the way it works.
Both of those problems can be solved at the state level, if the people start holding their local officials accountable.
Unless you happen to be in the minority...then you're fucked without federal protections. Such was the case with Jim Crow before we passed amendments to abolish it.
Space force:

I was unaware that the Air Force was tasked with keeping our interests in space secure, that is before space force was tucked under their wing.
Wow...you're joking right?

Okay. Lets say you have a 50 gazillion mm howitzer in your garage. I have a slingshot. Its 2024.

Do you buy another 100 gazillion mm howitzer in 2025 because I've upgraded to a BB gun?

Thats what we're doing in defense.

Why?

Jobs. Pork. Nothing else.

If you cut the budget to the same amount the other countries are spending, then we’ll all just have BB guns…

Forum List

Back