We were colder than the surface of Mars yesterday where I live!

Meanwhile in Australia, it's snowing there too.

At the end of the global cooling catastrophe of the 70s, climate scientists said that the only inhabitable places on earth would be a narrow band around the equator. Everything else would be locked in glaciers. Some scientists said that the earth's climate was inherently unstable. There were periods of cooling and warming lasting about 40 years. This seems to be about right. We had 40 years of warming now going into a 40 year period of cooling. Sometimes the warm period will be quite warm like the Medieval warm period, or quite cool like the little ice age.

In some ways, now that the civilized world rejected God, we are becoming pagan. The rain doesn't fall because the climate gods are displeased. We can control what the climate gods do by keeping them happy with an appropriate sacrifice. It could be the heart of a virgin or the local power plant.

Whee. What a stupid post.
2013 confirmed as Australia's hottest year on record

Australia smashed its previous annual heat record in 2013, with a summer heatwave and spring hot spell among the outstanding periods of unusual warmth.
The Bureau of Meteorology on Friday confirmed that last year was the hottest nationwide in more than a century of standardised records, with mean temperatures 1.2 degrees above the 1961-90 average.
This event could not have happened without increasing greenhouse gases, without climate change

The 12 months easily eclipsed the previous annual record set in 2005, when mean temperatures were 1.03 degrees above average.

Read more: 2013 confirmed as Australia's hottest year on record

At the end of the global cooling catastrophe of the 70s, climate scientists said that the only inhabitable places on earth would be a narrow band around the equator. Everything else would be locked in glaciers. Some scientists said that the earth's climate was inherently unstable. There were periods of cooling and warming lasting about 40 years. This seems to be about right. We had 40 years of warming now going into a 40 year period of cooling. Sometimes the warm period will be quite warm like the Medieval warm period, or quite cool like the little ice age.

In some ways, now that the civilized world rejected God, we are becoming pagan. The rain doesn't fall because the climate gods are displeased. We can control what the climate gods do by keeping them happy with an appropriate sacrifice. It could be the heart of a virgin or the local power plant.

Snow falling. In Australia. In summer. That is all | News.com.au

THURSDAY'S STORY
THIS is just the beginning. The really cold air and the really heavy snow is due later in the day, but snow is already falling today across the high country of New South Wales and Victoria.
And yes, it's December 5. The fifth day of summer. Your calendar is not wrong.
Snow is not a freak event in southern Australia in the warmer months. A small dusting usually appears on the higher parts of the Australian Alps at least once each summer.

Neither the MWP nor the LIA were 40 years long. Closer to 400.

And since you seem to believe in a god, you're a lot closer to pagan beliefs than are the vast bulk of scientists who are all quite certain that the supernatural has diddly-squat to do with it.

Last edited:
Meanwhile in Australia, it's summer, so I fail to see how Winnipeg = global in any way.

Maybe you didn't know this, but Winnipeg is on Earth. And since global warming means, ya know, the whole Earth, shouldn't Winnipeg be alot warmer? Doesn't it strike you as a tad bit unusual that parts of the Earth, what with it being much closer to the sun and all its greenhouse gases, are as cold as Mars?

I mean, in Townsville today, the high is 93 °F.

Wow, that so....normal.

Rather than seemingly clever, these kinds of threads make global warming skeptics just look ignorant of the rest of the world.

Actually, what it does show is that people like you suffer from a profound case of confirmation bias.

If you were talking about global average temperature rather than whatever your local weather happens to be, you'd have a point, but that doesn't help either, because the top 10 warmest years on record are all from within the past 15 years.

Seeing as records only go back 100 years, that's not saying anything. We've also had several of the coldest years on record occurring this century. But hey, confirmation bias is a bitch.

Meanwhile in Australia, it's summer, so I fail to see how Winnipeg = global in any way.

Maybe you didn't know this, but Winnipeg is on Earth. And since global warming means, ya know, the whole Earth, shouldn't Winnipeg be alot warmer? Doesn't it strike you as a tad bit unusual that parts of the Earth, what with it being much closer to the sun and all its greenhouse gases, are as cold as Mars?

I mean, in Townsville today, the high is 93 °F.

Wow, that so....normal.

Rather than seemingly clever, these kinds of threads make global warming skeptics just look ignorant of the rest of the world.

Actually, what it does show is that people like you suffer from a profound case of confirmation bias.

If you were talking about global average temperature rather than whatever your local weather happens to be, you'd have a point, but that doesn't help either, because the top 10 warmest years on record are all from within the past 15 years.

Seeing as records only go back 100 years, that's not saying anything. We've also had several of the coldest years on record occurring this century. But hey, confirmation bias is a bitch.

LOL. Since we have had only 13 years so far this century, I guess you can say that. Lying by misleading statement, but what else have you got?

We have, through ice cores from Greenland, Antarctica, and various glaciers on several continents, pretty good data on the global temperatures for over 500,000 years. Now if you were to post from that data, with links to it, I might consider your input. At present, you simply post one liners with zero back up data or links. That is the method of a stupid ass that is just too lazy to research.

NOAA Paleoclimatology Program - Mann et al. 2008 Temperature Reconstructions

See, that is how it is done. A known researcher publishing for a credible source.

Wow, that so....normal.

LOL. Since we have had only 13 years so far this century, I guess you can say that. Lying by misleading statement, but what else have you got?

We have, through ice cores from Greenland, Antarctica, and various glaciers on several continents, pretty good data on the global temperatures for over 500,000 years. Now if you were to post from that data, with links to it, I might consider your input. At present, you simply post one liners with zero back up data or links. That is the method of a stupid ass that is just too lazy to research.

NOAA Paleoclimatology Program - Mann et al. 2008 Temperature Reconstructions

See, that is how it is done. A known researcher publishing for a credible source.

Ice cores all show CO2 lagging temperature both on the increase and decline

We have, through ice cores from Greenland, Antarctica, and various glaciers on several continents, pretty good data on the global temperatures for over 500,000 years.

Wait a second, you really want to go back all the way to the beginning of history? Well, in that case I would point out that we've been in an ice age for the past 2.5 million years. And that there have been plenty of times in the past when the earth's temperatures were far hotter than anything we see now.

Once again, your inability to be logical leaves you with foolish conclusions.

How quick will these so called scientists change their facts if their Federal grant money wasn't on the line?

That global warming is just jaking :lol: I'm just sooooooooo convinced that I'll be baking in the sun someday soon:eusa_angel:

Bring on the global warming. I am ready. I'm stocking up on Tropicana and dying to plant banana trees.

In terms of astonishing weather facts, it doesn't get much more impressive than being as cold as a distant planet for a day.
The Manitoba Museum is reporting Winnipeg's temperatures on Tuesday were actually as cold as the surface of Mars

According to the Curiosity Rover, Mars reached a maximum temperature of -29 C on Tuesday, a temperature Winnipeg only reached shortly before 3 p.m.

The deep freeze over much of Southern Manitoba prompted extreme wind chill warnings in the area and most of the north.

In Winnipeg, the daytime high temperature for Tuesday was only expected to reach –31 C, but the windchill made it feel more like –40 to –50. That means exposed skin can freeze in less than five minutes..

Winnipeg deep freeze as cold as uninhabited planet - Manitoba - CBC News

good post

--LOL

LMAO.....go over to DRUDGE right now.........headlines read like an epic cold Jonestown!!! Blue highlighted headlines of mega-cold temperatures. In NYC tonight, it is going to be the coldest it has been since........ready for this........1988!!! Nineteen fucking 88!!!

And the committed AGW religion still doesn't get it........their response is all this average temperature crap which is akin to me walking around today telling my friends I banged Kim Kardasian last night in terms of perception. Anybody living in the northern hemisphere this week is looking at the global warming crusaders as a bunch of bullshit artists. When people are walking out the door of their house and stepping into the surface of Mars type cold, raising the topic of temperatures in Brazil makes you look like a committed k00k. A hyperpartisan with an agenda. A far left hack who is ouot of the mainstream. That's just the way it is in 2013.........its not 2006 anymore s0ns.......that shit doesn't fly.

Doubt me?

In 2013, fewer people than ever think the world is really warming up >>>>

What climate change? Fewer people than EVER believe the world is really warming up | UK | News | Daily Express

The narcissistic, arrogant intellectuals on the left think that their "consensus science" matters........but it only matters to the fringe in terms of the overall population. The nuts on this board are obsessed with this global warming stuff.......while the rest of the world is feeling their nut sacks turning blue from cold this morning.

As I have often said.........the far left just cant connect the dots on shit like this.

But the rest of the world knows that............

REALITY IS 95% PERCEPTION S0NS

Last edited:
Oh boy!!

Global warming.

Lets all just debate the facts over and over and over

That's gonna lead us to the truth.

LAUGH.......MY.......FUCKING.......BALLS.........OFF

Here is the picture you see right now when you click on THE DRUDGE REPORT

That global warming is just jaking :lol: I'm just sooooooooo convinced that I'll be baking in the sun someday soon:eusa_angel:

Bring on the global warming. I am ready. I'm stocking up on Tropicana and dying to plant banana trees.

In terms of astonishing weather facts, it doesn't get much more impressive than being as cold as a distant planet for a day.
The Manitoba Museum is reporting Winnipeg's temperatures on Tuesday were actually as cold as the surface of Mars

According to the Curiosity Rover, Mars reached a maximum temperature of -29 C on Tuesday, a temperature Winnipeg only reached shortly before 3 p.m.

The deep freeze over much of Southern Manitoba prompted extreme wind chill warnings in the area and most of the north.

In Winnipeg, the daytime high temperature for Tuesday was only expected to reach –31 C, but the windchill made it feel more like –40 to –50. That means exposed skin can freeze in less than five minutes..

Winnipeg deep freeze as cold as uninhabited planet - Manitoba - CBC News

TD I didnt know you are a canuk. Do you have one these eh?
toque.jpg

Forum List

Back