📛 We will be adding badges/icons that users can pick to show up under their username. Help us!

How about a badge for Most Contributer of Topics. since you are doing one for donators of $$

Top $ Supporter
Runner Up $ Supporter
Best Overall topic Supplier...and I'm not talking about the bait/troll threads. I'm talking those who contribute with their mind and always unbiased.

El is having fun. Do you not work in your garden so people can enjoy looking at it? He is gardening, so to speak. And enjoying it. At least he is showing an interest in it.

That's an interesting idea.

The very first forum I ever posted at, which introduced me to the concept, is when I met a tech guy who had is own website, email server and forum, just for fun. I had never knew these things existed before then. This was back in the late nineties.

We played a lot of CIV III together, and did some bar hopping. Anywho, on that forum, we had a game of Risk going. Everyone logged in and took a turn a day. The only thing I did not like about it, is the game was hosted on another site. That site called the game something other than Risk, for copyright reasons. I wish I could remember the name, not that it matters, STEAM has a free version of Risk now. As a result, I am pretty sure, that old site that hosted Risk games would be out of business. lol

Using multiple sites for members to game and chat requires another user name and password, and a lot of folks, didn't like that extra work and organization of going to an external sites.

However, for some, doing that, "turn a day format," whether it is for chess, Risk, murder mysteries, etc. do seem to work well for forum members who are interested. OH, my buddy that ran that site, he was a HUGE fantasy footballer. I never really got a thrill out of that though.

I had always thought, if some company made forum software, that integrated that gaming ability, right into the forum, they would make a killing, IMO.
I played a lot of Civ over the years. Civ 6 is AWESOME by the way.

We are going to be adding some icons that people can add to their profile and that show up under their usernames. We are interested in hearing from the users what different icons they would want and the label to go with them.

As an example we could have an icon that says Far Left or Far Right, Liberal, Democrat, Republican, etc.. in addition, you'll need to pick with emoji you want to go with the label. You can find a list of the icons that are available here: 📙 Emojipedia — 😃 Home of Emoji Meanings 💁👌🎍😍

🚯 Absolutely no negative names or icons will be added. Please keep this thread clean and professional. If you don't have something positive to contribute I really don't want to hear it.

As an example, I've already added a badge for our top donators, and you can see the badge here: Badges

I've also added an example badge which you can see under my Admin/Moderator Bars in my Postbit area.
Nobody who is far left ever admits to being far left, and the addition of these buttons will lead to misuse as a bunch of dishonest posters try to portray themselves as something they are not. We already have issues with that and adding these buttons will only confuse newbies who think they are talking to a moderate when they are actually talking to a lock-step leftist.

I can do that. I'm used to working at 1600X file size.

No. Just use the same images for both. I could leave full resolution images of the original badges and you can simply leave them attached to a message in an announcement thread somewhere or somewhere else linked to them for folks to look them up. Then use the modified small image files for the actual badges that get used. I could do one just as a test. The problem with the badges as I see them now is that you can't actually tell what they are by looking at them, you have to mouse over them to see what they actually mean.

For example, you can't see the 5 or 7 in the years you were a member, nor make out the OG in the old member's badge. Your decision.

I'd rather have a set of uniform badges. If you want to find a set that will work for us or create one, that would be great. These are just images I found on Google Image search that somewhat fit the bill. Having our own would be even better.

How about a "GM" (Grandmaster) badge for anyone with 20+ years? Im not aware of any active members with an account that old currently, but in a few years there will be quite a few.

There are actually a few, though I'm not sure any of them are still active. For example, UID 1 is: jimnyc

It's actually pretty neat to me that we have history going back this far... all the software conversions over the years and the data is still there, intact and folded into the current software.

Number of days = (Today's Date) - (August 28, 2003)

Let's calculate it:

Calculate the number of days in full years between 2003 and 2023:
2023 - 2003 = 20 years
Calculate the number of leap years between 2003 and 2023. Leap years are divisible by 4, except for years that are divisible by 100 but not by 400.
Leap years in this period: 2004, 2008, 2012, 2016, 2020
Calculate the number of days in non-leap years:
20 years - 5 leap years = 15 non-leap years
Calculate the total days for these years:
15 non-leap years * 365 days/year = 5,475 days
Calculate the total days for leap years:
5 leap years * 366 days/year = 1,830 days
Calculate the total days for full years:
5,475 days (non-leap) + 1,830 days (leap) = 7,305 days
Calculate the days from August 28, 2003, to the end of that year:
From August 28 to December 31, 2003: 31 - 28 + 1 (inclusive) = 4 days
Calculate the days from January 1, 2023, to today, September 13, 2023:
From January 1 to September 13, 2023: 13 days
Add up all the days:
7,305 days (full years) + 4 days (2003) + 13 days (2023) = 7,322 days

So, there are 7,322 days between August 28, 2003, and September 13, 2023.

Last edited:
I'd rather have a set of uniform badges. If you want to find a set that will work for us or create one, that would be great. These are just images I found on Google Image search that somewhat fit the bill. Having our own would be even better.

Well, I doubt that there are a better set of badges out there to work so small, so if you want, I will take all of the badges in the Badge folder and modify them to look best as they can at such a small size and see what you think. I will keep them the same size as displayed here as I assume you made them so small so that more would fit in a limited space. I'll play with them over the next couple of days when time allows and send the modified badges to you.

Well, I doubt that there are a better set of badges out there to work so small, so if you want, I will take all of the badges in the Badge folder and modify them to look best as they can at such a small size and see what you think. I will keep them the same size as displayed here as I assume you made them so small so that more would fit in a limited space. I'll play with them over the next couple of days when time allows and send the modified badges to you.

Alright, give it a shot and lets see how it looks!

o_O???

There are actually a few, though I'm not sure any of them are still active. For example, UID 1 is: jimnyc

It's actually pretty neat to me that we have history going back this far... all the software conversions over the years and the data is still there, intact and folded into the current software.

Let's calculate it:

2023 - 2003 = 20 years
Calculate the number of leap years between 2003 and 2023. Leap years are divisible by 4, except for years that are divisible by 100 but not by 400.
Add up all the days:

6DyG6t.gif

Let's calculate it:

2023 - 2003 = 20 years
Add up all the days:

1694628395937.png

Or just take the difference between date serial numbers.

:)

WW

It's cool that ya'll innovate the site with new ideas like that to keep it from getting stale.

How about military rank insignia?

I'm curious - these badges do not appear automatically, so do people actually have to request them?

They'd most likely are assigned by Xenforo as you qualify for them.

Probably not practice in an image file only 25 pixels wide.
I'm qualified, but haven't received.

I would settle for my "Leader of the Resistance" badge, though.

There is only one foreign poster who openly bashes Trump, all the rest of them are paid to come here and bash Biden.

A bit off topic.
But, odanny, you’re drunk, high, stupid or a liar. Or maybe a combo platter.

Back on topic. I am not sure how the badges/icons thingie is intended to work. So, I’ll reserve comment about it.

Forum List

Back