Weather destroys wind turbines in Iowa

The concern trolling about weather/climate risk to infrastructure only as it relates to wind turbines is really something to behold.

Wind has always been political. Wind turbines have always been paid for by the government.
Not nearly as much as fossil fuel.

US doubles renewable subsidies to $15.6 billion in last ...​

1716882509213.png
Reuters
https://www.reuters.com › business › energy › us-doubl...

Aug 2, 2023 — Renewable subsidies jumped to $15.6 billion in fiscal year 2022 from $7.4 billion in fiscal year 2016, according to the Energy Information ...

fortune.com · 2023/08/24 · fossil-fuel-subsidies-1-3Fossil fuel subsidies have tripled since 2020, to $1.3 ...

Aug 24, 2023 · Governments pledged to end fossil fuel subsidies. Instead, they’ve doubled down since 2020, hitting record $1.3 trillion. BY Bloomberg and Leslie Kaufman. August 24, 2023, 11:03
Davis Besse in Ohio was hit by a toranado.

REACTOR WEATHERS TORNADO​

1716882605590.png
Washington Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com › politics › 1998/07/19

Jul 18, 1998 — OAK HARBOR, OHIO -- On June 24, the Davis-Besse Nuclear Station on Lake Erie took the worst direct hit from a tornado ever weathered by a U.S. ...
Nuclear power plants are designed to survive a direct hit by a tornado, a jet airliner, or a missile.

Huge windmills that require special trailers to carry one blade are insanely expensive and cost more energy than they produce. After the windmill subsidies disappear, smaller windmills will return. They might become available as mostly assembled units delivered on trucks and installed in minutes. Farmers can probably build their own with experience and skills of farm machinery. When electricity is a distant memory, windmills will still be used for kinetic energy tasks such as pumping water.

US doubles renewable subsidies to $15.6 billion in last ...

View attachment 953093
Reuters
Aug 2, 2023 — Renewable subsidies jumped to $15.6 billion in fiscal year 2022 from $7.4 billion in fiscal year 2016, according to the Energy Information ...

fortune.com · 2023/08/24 · fossil-fuel-subsidies-1-3Fossil fuel subsidies have tripled since 2020, to $1.3 ...

Aug 24, 2023 · Governments pledged to end fossil fuel subsidies. Instead, they’ve doubled down since 2020, hitting record $1.3 trillion. BY Bloomberg and Leslie Kaufman. August 24, 2023, 11:03

REACTOR WEATHERS TORNADO

View attachment 953095
Washington Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com › politics › 1998/07/19
Jul 18, 1998 — OAK HARBOR, OHIO -- On June 24, the Davis-Besse Nuclear Station on Lake Erie took the worst direct hit from a tornado ever weathered by a U.S. ...
The tax code is not a subsidy.

Wind turbines are manufactured with fossil fuels, increas I ng the use of fossil fuels.

We spend trillions of tax dollars on wind turbines.

A direct payment to wind turbine corporations

The tax code is not a subsidy.
YES, it is.
Wind turbines are manufactured with fossil fuels, increas I ng the use of fossil fuels.
So are oil derricks.
And the pipelines that carry oil.
We spend trillions of tax dollars on wind turbines.
Aug 24, 2023 · Governments pledged to end fossil fuel subsidies. Instead, they’ve doubled down since 2020, hitting record $1.3 trillion. BY Bloomberg and Leslie Kaufman. August 24, 2023
A direct payment to wind turbine corporations

The concern trolling about weather/climate risk to infrastructure only as it relates to wind turbines is really something to behold.
Trolling? Your post is trolling with zero content.

Wind turbines are more susceptible to weather because they are so inefficient we need 100's of thousands of them, everywhere. Hence, weather destroys them.

I posted a tornado destroying a wind turbine. There is also leading-edge erosion. This is where just the simple everyday weather destroys the blades, resulting in failures and constant repairs. And all that epoxy/fiberglass is where?

1716991840761.png

YES, it is.

So are oil derricks.
And the pipelines that carry oil.

Aug 24, 2023 · Governments pledged to end fossil fuel subsidies. Instead, they’ve doubled down since 2020, hitting record $1.3 trillion. BY Bloomberg and Leslie Kaufman. August 24, 2023
There are no fossil fuel subsidies, go ahead and post the subsidy if you think so.

Oil derricks are not used to make electricity. Pipelines carrying oil are not used for making electricity.
Wind Turbines, face it, they are terrible for the environment and they do not make a significant amount of electricity.

There are no fossil fuel subsidies, go ahead and post the subsidy if you think so.
I did.
Oil derricks are not used to make electricity. Pipelines carrying oil are not used for making electricity.
"Wind turbines are manufactured with fossil fuels, increas I ng the use of fossil fuels".
Wind Turbines, face it, they are terrible for the environment and they do not make a significant amount of electricity.

So, if weather can destroy something, we should not use that thing?
Er weather destroyed a whole lot of things recently. I remember touring a refinery post storm and seeing where a steel tank had been thrown through eight inches of steel into a refinery cracking tower.

Trolling? Your post is trolling with zero content.

Wind turbines are more susceptible to weather because they are so inefficient we need 100's of thousands of them, everywhere. Hence, weather destroys them.

I posted a tornado destroying a wind turbine. There is also leading-edge erosion. This is where just the simple everyday weather destroys the blades, resulting in failures and constant repairs. And all that epoxy/fiberglass is where?

View attachment 953648

Infrastructure is at risk in changing weather and weather events are predicted to worsen. Industrial produced goods contaminating the environments is not novel. Wind turbines are not a special case.

Infrastructure is at risk in changing weather and weather events are predicted to worsen. Industrial produced goods contaminating the environments is not novel. Wind turbines are not a special case.
Wind turbines are a special case

Sold as clean, they pollute.

We need 100's of thousands, pollution everywhere.

Paid for by government, not industry or demand

Short lived requiring constant replacing, manufacturing

Almost no electricity produced

They are very unique

US doubles renewable subsidies to $15.6 billion in last ...

View attachment 953093
Reuters
Remember folks, always read the oppositions links because the opposition lack comprehension skills.

Smokin DP, says fossil fuels are subsidiesed more than Solar, yet Smokin links to article saying Solar is subsidisied much more.

Most of those subsidies took the form of tax incentives in recent years, with solar applications making up the largest share of the subsidies due in part to rapid industry growth, the report showed

Remember folks, always read the oppositions links because the opposition lack comprehension skills.

Smokin DP, says fossil fuels are subsidiesed more than Solar, yet Smokin links to article saying Solar is subsidisied much more.

Most of those subsidies took the form of tax incentives in recent years, with solar applications making up the largest share of the subsidies due in part to rapid industry growth, the report showed
Largest share, doesn't mean the largest subsidy amount.

"Renewable subsidies jumped to $15.6 billion in fiscal year 2022 from $7.4 billion in fiscal year 2016, according to the Energy Information Administration's Federal Financial Interventions and Subsidies in Energy report".

Proposals to Reduce Fossil Fuel Subsidies (January 2024) ...​

1717154256776.png
Environmental and Energy Study Institute
https://www.eesi.org › papers › view › fact-sheet-propos...

Jan 30, 2024 — In 2022, fossil fuel subsidies in the United States totaled $757 billion, according to the International Monetary Fund.

Er weather destroyed a whole lot of things recently. I remember touring a refinery post storm and seeing where a steel tank had been thrown through eight inches of steel into a refinery cracking tower.

that was sort of my point, weather can destroy just about anything man has made

You saw proof man can't control climate. So we must live with climate. Climate lasting 30 years is what climate means.

You saw proof man can't control climate. So we must live with climate. Climate lasting 30 years is what climate means.
Thats great, but it doesn't make wind turbines any better or worse. If you don't like them thats a you problem. They are owned by private businesses and they can tell you to suck it.

Thats great, but it doesn't make wind turbines any better or worse. If you don't like them thats a you problem. They are owned by private businesses and they can tell you to suck it.
I don't believe they service me. So I can say what I want to say. Right?

Forum List

Back