Weatherman Fired for slip of the tongue

Jesus, I guess you are that fucking dense. Neither one of us said anything about people flubbing and saying racial slurs every day. It's not what I said and is not what you disagreed with. You challenged my contention that people flub their words every day, not that I said people accidentally say racial slurs every day, which I never said in the first place.

Having said that, not only do the videos prove that people flub their words every day, it proves that sometimes when they do, they accidentally utter profanities. So if one can get "c*nts" from "cuts" or "farts" from "fired up about starts", one can certainly get "kune" from "King" and "junior".

By the way, a little clarity on my use of the word "people" since you seem unable to grasp the basic subtelties of language. When I say "people" I mean people in general and in the sense that somewhere in the world on any given day, some people are flubbing their words. It does not mean that every individual flubs their words every day.

Is that clear enough for you or do I need to draw pictures?
Great, now you're making shit up again....

Actually, you said, "Fact: People make this sort of mistake every day," in response to me saying, "he said 'Martin Luther coon.' That’s racist."

So now everyone sees yet again how miserably you failed to prove your lies.

"This sort of mistake" means flubbing words. I did not mean that people say "Martin Luther Coon" or some other racial slur every day. I'm not so stupid as to think that. I don't mean it now and I didn't mean it then. You just misconstrued what I said.

Stop wasting so much energy on trying to make me look like a liar and just discuss the fucking topic. Jesus.
Dumbfuck, you said that in response to me stating his slip was a racist epithet.

Stop making shit up.

And I've discussed this topic. People who say, "Martin Luther coon," are racists.

Yeah, cause Im sure the guy just wanted to lose his job. A few questions though. Sure he could be a racist but I think it would be fair to look at his complete body of work. Hopefully the people who fired him did just that, and did they find other racial "slip ups"? or was it just a one and your done? Also the word "coon" , seems to me is more of a southern lingo, while this guy is a northerner. Just seems a bit odd that this would be his normal language behind closed doors as some allude to, and now it just somehow slipped out.
Personally, I would say a warning would have been in order, or even something punitive other than firing. My bet is the station just doesn't want to be sued or lose ratings. Chickenshit if you ask me. Employers should back up their employees unless they have some proof of racism. For those who can guarantee a slip up makes a person racist such as Martin Loother Coon? I do hope you make a mistake one day so you can also be condemned with no recourse.
No one is contending he said, “coon,” intentionally on the air.

Maybe not. But you are contending that he says it in private. Both of these are baseless assumptions. So why is it so important to you that we know you did not make one baseless assumption when you made another anyway?

The guy's been recorded many times saying many things. Has he ever said anything like this before?

One does have to wonder if those figuratively demanding this guy's head were as outraged at Joe Biden:s racist comments or if political party affiliation provides cover from such things?
Who did Biden call a coon? BTW the racist got fired and thats that.

Biden said Obama was the first mainstream African-American (one has to assume he meant candidate) who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy.

Now, you're the detective with the magnifying glass who can imagine racism in every comment. Tell me how this is not a racist comment and why someone like Jesse Jackson would not be insulted by it. For example, he would never in a million years say it about a white candidate. Remember, you can't use things like, "He only said it once", or, "He didn't have any history of saying things like that", because you're not giving this weatherman any kind of break like that. You can't use his identity as a democrat either. If you knew nothing about Biden except that he was an old white guy, what would you say about his comment?
Sounds like Biden is a racist to me but he didnt call Obama a coon like this guy did.
So Obama selected someone who was racist toward him as his VP. Strange world we live in.

I guess you and Obama don't share the same ideas about who is a racist and who is not.
I would say so.

Obama probably thought he was a racist as well but decided since he wasnt a virulent racist it was all good.

So why then are you so inflexible and unwilling to see the good in people? You embody the worst attitudes of the racists.

Great, now you're making shit up again....

Actually, you said, "Fact: People make this sort of mistake every day," in response to me saying, "he said 'Martin Luther coon.' That’s racist."

So now everyone sees yet again how miserably you failed to prove your lies.

"This sort of mistake" means flubbing words. I did not mean that people say "Martin Luther Coon" or some other racial slur every day. I'm not so stupid as to think that. I don't mean it now and I didn't mean it then. You just misconstrued what I said.

Stop wasting so much energy on trying to make me look like a liar and just discuss the fucking topic. Jesus.
Dumbfuck, you said that in response to me stating his slip was a racist epithet.

Stop making shit up.

And I've discussed this topic. People who say, "Martin Luther coon," are racists.

Yeah, cause Im sure the guy just wanted to lose his job. A few questions though. Sure he could be a racist but I think it would be fair to look at his complete body of work. Hopefully the people who fired him did just that, and did they find other racial "slip ups"? or was it just a one and your done? Also the word "coon" , seems to me is more of a southern lingo, while this guy is a northerner. Just seems a bit odd that this would be his normal language behind closed doors as some allude to, and now it just somehow slipped out.
Personally, I would say a warning would have been in order, or even something punitive other than firing. My bet is the station just doesn't want to be sued or lose ratings. Chickenshit if you ask me. Employers should back up their employees unless they have some proof of racism. For those who can guarantee a slip up makes a person racist such as Martin Loother Coon? I do hope you make a mistake one day so you can also be condemned with no recourse.

Maybe not. But you are contending that he says it in private. Both of these are baseless assumptions. So why is it so important to you that we know you did not make one baseless assumption when you made another anyway?
This thread is not about me. It’s about Kappell.

Oh.... and he’s still fired.

:dance:

Stop making shit up.

Another transparent dodge. This thread is about whether or not Kappell's slip up was a racist Freudian slip or an honest flub. Since any assumptions or opinions about his guilt or innocence are germane to that aspect of the topic, your assumptions fall into that area, baseless as they are.

Oh, and you're still making baseless assumptions.

Who did Biden call a coon? BTW the racist got fired and thats that.

Biden said Obama was the first mainstream African-American (one has to assume he meant candidate) who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy.

Now, you're the detective with the magnifying glass who can imagine racism in every comment. Tell me how this is not a racist comment and why someone like Jesse Jackson would not be insulted by it. For example, he would never in a million years say it about a white candidate. Remember, you can't use things like, "He only said it once", or, "He didn't have any history of saying things like that", because you're not giving this weatherman any kind of break like that. You can't use his identity as a democrat either. If you knew nothing about Biden except that he was an old white guy, what would you say about his comment?
Sounds like Biden is a racist to me but he didnt call Obama a coon like this guy did.
So Obama selected someone who was racist toward him as his VP. Strange world we live in.

I guess you and Obama don't share the same ideas about who is a racist and who is not.
I would say so.

Obama probably thought he was a racist as well but decided since he wasnt a virulent racist it was all good.

So why then are you so inflexible and unwilling to see the good in people? You embody the worst attitudes of the racists.
Who told you I dont see good in people? White racists can have some good in them. However, since there are much better people out there why waste my time giving them a pass? If I see someone as a white racist the little good that may be in them doesnt matter at all to me. I still consider them as rabid feral dogs that should be euthanized. Or in this case fired. :rolleyes:

I would say so.

Who told you I dont see good in people? White racists can have some good in them. However, since there are much better people out there why waste my time giving them a pass? If I see someone as a white racist the little good that may be in them doesnt matter at all to me. I still consider them as rabid feral dogs that should be euthanized. Or in this case fired. :rolleyes:

And yet you had nothing to say when Obama picked a racist as his VP? Is Obama stupid for doing that or is he just more mature?

I would say so.

And yet you had nothing to say when Obama picked a racist as his VP? Is Obama stupid for doing that or is he just more mature?
I had plenty to say. However, that has nothing to do with point that the feral in the OP called MLK a "coon" and got fired for it. :rolleyes:

I would say so.

I had plenty to say. However, that has nothing to do with point that the feral in the OP called MLK a "coon" and got fired for it. :rolleyes:

Actually, it has a lot to do with it. Obama clearly didn't let a single instance of racially insulting language stop him from seeing value in a white racist (your standard). Obviously, you can't do that.

Obama can work with racists, you can't.

I would say so.

Actually, it has a lot to do with it. Obama clearly didn't let a single instance of racially insulting language stop him from seeing value in a white racist (your standard). Obviously, you can't do that.

Me refusing to work with white racists has nothing to do with the fact the white racist got fired for calling MLK a "coon". Has nothing at all to do with the topic in discussion. :rolleyes:

Me refusing to work with white racists has nothing to do with the fact the white racist got fired for calling MLK a "coon". Has nothing at all to do with the topic in discussion. :rolleyes:

I'm simply illustrating that your position is rather extreme.

I already illustrated my position is extreme long ago. I dont tolerate racists like the feral that called MLK a "coon". There simply isnt even one good reason to. :rolleyes:

I already illustrated my position is extreme long ago. I dont tolerate racists like the feral that called MLK a "coon". There simply isnt even one good reason to. :rolleyes:

Except maybe install one of them as the Vice President of the United States? Who would do a stupid thing like that? Another racist?

Except maybe install one of them as the Vice President of the United States? Who would do a stupid thing like that? Another racist?
When did Biden call anyone a coon? I'm still waiting for a link. :rolleyes:

Where did I say that? I quoted him saying something clearly racist. Why is "coon" suddenly the standard?

Where did I say that? I quoted him saying something clearly racist. Why is "coon" suddenly the standard?
Where you said "install one as the vice president". Your "one" was clearly in reference to where I said "I dont tolerate racists like the feral that called MLK a "coon""

Stop making shit up.

Another transparent dodge. This thread is about whether or not Kappell's slip up was a racist Freudian slip or an honest flub. Since any assumptions or opinions about his guilt or innocence are germane to that aspect of the topic, your assumptions fall into that area, baseless as they are.

Nope, Kappell really is still fired. Humiliatingly so, too.

I would say so.

Nah, politics makes for strange bedfellows. You should know that.

What’s extreme with zero tolerance for racist comments?

Nope, Kappell really is still fired. Humiliatingly so, too.

Why do you keep stating the obvious? Is celebrating this guy's termination all you have left since you can't accuse me of lying anymore? Which reminds me, I couldn't help but notice you haven't had anything to say about my post where I proved to you I had been saying people flub normal words all along. What say you?

What’s extreme with zero tolerance for racist comments?
Under that standard, Obama's pick for VP should have been run out of office and disgraced for the rest of his life, not elevated by a black man to the second highest office in the country.

The point is, Obama has a lot more class, dignity and grace when dealing with racial slurs than you guys do. He's willing to actually find out if the person is a racist or not, while you are not.

Forum List

Back