🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Webb as Independent

Would you vote for Webb if he ran as an Independent?

• Yes

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • No

Votes: 13 68.4%
  • Maybe

Votes: 3 15.8%

• Total voters
The Regressive Left hates Webb, he's not nearly hardcore enough.

It really is funny how similar the two silly ends of the spectrum are.
Webb's a nice guy. He's also the last great white hope of a segment of the White South

again, it is the rightwingnuts who want to return us to the 1950's who are the regressive and reactionaries.

webb came off like a jerk at the debate

The Regressive Left hates Webb, he's not nearly hardcore enough.

It really is funny how similar the two silly ends of the spectrum are.

Mac thinks Ted Nugent and Rachel Maddow exhibit the same level of crazy.

Mac's trying to pass.
And right on cue, the Regressive Lefties illustrate my point.

I really should keep track of how often that happens.

You folks sure love to make stuff about ME. This thread is about WEBB.

Last edited:
Maybe at the very least I would hear him out and see what he has to say.

why would you vote for him as an independent when he is the same person he was as a democrat?

Because America doesn't have a alternative vote system. It has one man one vote. Therefore is Webb is an actual Democrat he would know that by running he is harming the Democrats. That makes him a very bad democrat...

Now on the other foot, Democrats would love Trump to be a third party candidate. It would guarantee Clinton to be president.

Personally I think people like Webb should be allowed to run and people should be allowed to vote for him without harming their chance for their views to be acknowledged.

why would you vote for him as an independent when he is the same person he was as a democrat?

Because America doesn't have a alternative vote system. It has one man one vote. Therefore is Webb is an actual Democrat he would know that by running he is harming the Democrats. That makes him a very bad democrat...

Now on the other foot, Democrats would love Trump to be a third party candidate. It would guarantee Clinton to be president.

Personally I think people like Webb should be allowed to run and people should be allowed to vote for him without harming their chance for their views to be acknowledged.
I think Webb's general demeanor would be attractive to some regardless of where they are on the spectrum.

No way he'd win, but it would be nice to have someone like him in the race based on that alone.

Less circus, less drama, less showbiz, less controversy.

but if he's saying the same thing, seems he's still just a dem who couldn't get traction in his own party. ... kind of like if rand paul decided to go the independent route. i'd like to see many more parties. but i think someone with significant following is going to have to do it. that;s why the GOP was so worried about keeping donald trump reined in.

He's against the Iran Deal.. he's more of an independent than democrat or republican, unfortunately. Hopefully he can inspire some common sense between the parties. I'm "passionate" about him because he speaks truth, rather than artificial dogma. He is a once-in-a-lifetime candidate, and if you can't see that, then you are incapable of understanding where we are headed as a country, and as a participant in the international community.

He doesn't get much press because a moderate democrat is a stranger in a strange land. Democrats have a reputation for punishing anyone who strays from the liberal line (case in point Joe Lieberman) but Webb is a decorated Veteran so the hard liners can't punish him so they pretend he doesn't exist. I think he is the current best candidate in either party but I'm afraid that he would draw more votes from republicans than democrats if he ran as an independent so I don't support him.

Forum List

Back