Wednesdays London Terrorism;No One In The Crowd Had A Gun To Save The Soldier?

The Brits are fucked. There is no England now.

Oh, there'll always be an England.

It'll just be Muslim, with mosques and women all in burkas.

True there are some stupid cows converting to Islam, but there are also people like me who spend our time taking the quran apart to prove it cannot be Gods words.

Don't worry...in a few years, criticizing Islam will be a crime.

So now guns don't kill people buy cities do?

Man I'm glad i don't live in a city

Cities are poor, poverty leads to crime, crime committed with guns leads to murder.. Try to play along

cities don't kill people
poverty doesn't kill people
guns don't kill people

People kill people. People have always killed people. People will always kill people.

So why isnt the murder rate of lets say 6 combined suburbs the same as the murder rate of detroit? theres no reasoning with you people I swear..You think that just because you own a gun and dont kill people no one else will

Cities are poor, poverty leads to crime, crime committed with guns leads to murder.. Try to play along

cities don't kill people
poverty doesn't kill people
guns don't kill people

People kill people. People have always killed people. People will always kill people.

So why isnt the murder rate of lets say 6 combined suburbs the same as the murder rate of detroit? theres no reasoning with you people I swear..You think that just because you own a gun and dont kill people no one else will

Guns don't kill people, bullets do.

I would guess that most brits are saying, bloody hell! if I had a bloody pistol on me, I would of blown their bloody F**#king Heads off those Bloddy F$#@kin Bastards !!!!

Really?

I have to wonder why none of these bystanders grabbed a pipe or piece of wood or something like that and try to subdue these two guys.

Oh, that's right. Because they were probably too in shock.

300 Million guns in this country, and there are only 201 cases of civilians using guns in "justified" homicides. The chance of a gun preventing a crime is up their with being hit with lightening.

You're lying again!

YOU NEED TO STOP FUCKING LYING!

You need to start using your brain, if that's possible.

Fact of the matter is, if you guys are arguing that guns are needed because you have to "protect yourself/family/home" it's pretty useless.

The FBI reported only 201 self defense killings by civilians in 2010 (the last year they have records for.)

FBI ? Expanded Homicide Data Table 15

In that same year, there were 11,078 gun homicides, 19,392 gun suicides and 851 unitentional gun deaths/accidents.

Guns in the United States: Facts, Figures and Firearm Law

So when you have over 31,000 gun deaths, and only 201 of those are cases where civilians defended themselves, it means that you have about a 1 in 165 chance of using that gun to defend yourself.

Meanwhile, in the UK, they had 27 Gun Homicides (out of 724 homicides total)

They had 109 gun suicides (out of 6045 suicides total)

and they had 8 unintentional gun deaths.

Guns in the United Kingdom: Facts, Figures and Firearm Law

Wow. So while we have 31,000 people killed by guns every year, they have a less than 150 killed by them.

Only in that dessicated turd you call a brain does that make sense. Once more, for the REALLY slow kid: in most cases of self-defense, the defender does not kill the attacker. In many (probably most), he/she never even fires. You need to stop lying, junior.

Recently former Secretary of Defense Robert Gates referred to Benghazi conspiracy theorists as having a ‘cartoonish’ perception of events concerning the attack.

The same is true here.

It’s a naïve, unrealistic fantasy to believe an armed civilian might have stopped this particular attack.

Only in that dessicated turd you call a brain does that make sense. Once more, for the REALLY slow kid: in most cases of self-defense, the defender does not kill the attacker. In many (probably most), he/she never even fires. You need to stop lying, junior.

If the attacker doesn't need to be killed, there probably wasn't any real danger to start with.

So those are non-incidents.

Again, there are also a lot of cases were domestic abusers threaten their partners, children or pets with guns, but those usually don't get co unted, either. Nor the cases where people considered suicide and didn't do it.

(Like my neighbor, who went through several dry runs before he finally did himself in. Unfortunately, the cops were Second Amendment purists who refused to confiscate his gun after he shot out his window.)

On the HARD numbers of people killed. - 31,000 gun deaths, only 201 of them ruled by law enforcement to be valid self defense.

CA-RIST, you are dense! I'm not sure I have EVER seen such a nauseating combination of self-righteousness, stupidity, and willful ignorance in one person before. I feel like I am trying to explain something to my cats!

Really?

I have to wonder why none of these bystanders grabbed a pipe or piece of wood or something like that and try to subdue these two guys.

Oh, that's right. Because they were probably too in shock.

300 Million guns in this country, and there are only 201 cases of civilians using guns in "justified" homicides. The chance of a gun preventing a crime is up their with being hit with lightening.

You're lying again!

YOU NEED TO STOP FUCKING LYING!

You need to start using your brain, if that's possible.

Fact of the matter is, if you guys are arguing that guns are needed because you have to "protect yourself/family/home" it's pretty useless.

The FBI reported only 201 self defense killings by civilians in 2010 (the last year they have records for.)

FBI ? Expanded Homicide Data Table 15

In that same year, there were 11,078 gun homicides, 19,392 gun suicides and 851 unitentional gun deaths/accidents.

Guns in the United States: Facts, Figures and Firearm Law

So when you have over 31,000 gun deaths, and only 201 of those are cases where civilians defended themselves, it means that you have about a 1 in 165 chance of using that gun to defend yourself.

Meanwhile, in the UK, they had 27 Gun Homicides (out of 724 homicides total)

They had 109 gun suicides (out of 6045 suicides total)

and they had 8 unintentional gun deaths.

Guns in the United Kingdom: Facts, Figures and Firearm Law

Wow. So while we have 31,000 people killed by guns every year, they have a less than 150 killed by them.

not everyone dies when a gun is used as self defense

Recently former Secretary of Defense Robert Gates referred to Benghazi conspiracy theorists as having a ‘cartoonish’ perception of events concerning the attack.

The same is true here.

It’s a naïve, unrealistic fantasy to believe an armed civilian might have stopped this particular attack.

someone that was armed ended this particular attack

[

And when you give me figures that can be verified, I will consider them.

But frankly, all the "non-lethal" defensive uses of guns you talk about involve lots of suppossition and wishful thinking.

"I pointed a gun at him and he ran away".

Okay, maybe he wasn't intent on a crime, maybe you pointed a gun at him because he was scary and black.

See the problem here?

:terror:

Soldier gets butchered on the streets of London, crowd watches in Horror. And no one has a gun or weapon? No one attempts to prevent this vicious bloody act of terror on the streets?
What? No private citizen is allowed to carry a licensed weapon?
What happened Wednesday in London was a perfect scenario of what will happen if Liberals have their way! They better bring this up in the media.
What would of happened to the terrorists if they attempted this stunt in a busy town in Texas?
:banana2:

Well yeah, cuz being armed to the teeth has protected Americans from being attacked and killed.

Not.

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

CA-RIST, you are dense! I'm not sure I have EVER seen such a nauseating combination of self-righteousness, stupidity, and willful ignorance in one person before. I feel like I am trying to explain something to my cats!

Frankly, your cats are probably smarter than you are.

Point is, guns don't make you any safer. Period.

A gun in the home is 43 times more likely to kill someone in the home than a bad guy.

[

But frankly, all the "non-lethal" defensive uses of guns you talk about involve lots of suppossition and wishful thinking.

Okay, maybe he wasn't intent on a crime, maybe you pointed a gun at him because he was scary and black.

See the problem here?

why do you bring race in to it

is that your fall back position

there are stories in the news all the time

about the use of a gun that did not end in death

this one one died the other did not

three more ran off

One suspect dead, another wounded after shooting in downtown Houston | khou.com Houston

A gun in the home is 43 times more likely to kill someone in the home than a bad guy.

My uncle is alive because he had a gun. I am alive because I had a gun. (Note: I did NOT need to fire it.) Many criminals are stopped by armed citizens, EVERY DAY. No amount of shrieking horseshit to the heavens will change these FACTS.

[

See the problem here?

three more ran off

]

And again- for every incident that ends in a death of a bad guy, you have 160 incidents that end in the death of a good guy.

Hardly seems worth it.

My uncle is alive because he had a gun. I am alive because I had a gun. (Note: I did NOT need to fire it.) Many criminals are stopped by armed citizens, EVERY DAY. No amount of shrieking horseshit to the heavens will change these FACTS.

If you didn't have to fire it, you probably weren't in any real danger.

If guns make us so safe, why do we have the highest crime rates in the industrialized world?

See the problem here?

three more ran off

]

And again- for every incident that ends in a death of a bad guy, you have 160 incidents that end in the death of a good guy.

Hardly seems worth it.

in that article

4 suspects lived

Forum List

Back