Welfare queen wins nearly $200 million powerball - Is this right?

I don't condemn people on welfare buying a lottery ticket anymore than I condemn them for buying an ice cream cone or going to see a movie

which they shouldnt be doing either.

For fuck's sakes, what is wrong with you? WE , those of us who pay taxes anyway , are FEEDING them because they claim they can't afford to do it themselves. Maybe they COULD afford to if they wouldn't go spend $50 at the movie theater.
What the fuck is the matter with you?

Poor people do not deserve to be punished for their poverty. They don't need rightwing poverty police monitoring every penny they spend. If they want to have some enjoyment in life, they don't need assholes like you insisting they eat gruel and wear hand me downs

Since when did "here is some of MY money to help feed you, but don't be spending YOUR money on frivolous things" become punishment?

And yes, if they are so poor they need my help feeding themselves they certainly need SOMEONE policing their spending

God Almighty some of you are stupid

Anyone who says that if they came across someone begging for food for a meal and gave them $10 only to see them walk into a movie theater and that wouldn't piss them off is a liar Plain and simple.

See normal people take care of necessities first, and then do things like go to the movies, or buy lottery tickets , or beer or whatever if they have anything left.

LOSERS on the other hand don't really care how they waste their money because someone will give them more

the jealousy monster just blew a giamugus wad in this thread.
you asshats realize the taxes on that amount are more than she could collect in 10 life times.
she's now welfare free.
you can stop bitching about your money!

That is a silly thing to complain about. A Powerball ticket costs $2.00. I like the fact that a person who actually needs and could use the money won. One less person collecting public assistance is a GOOD thing. Congratulations to her! I do wish it was me though. Lol.

you asshats realize the taxes on that amount are more than she could collect in 10 life times.
she's now welfare free.

That's a bullshit argument made by people who either A) can't extrapolate or B) can,but rather hide the facts

In fiscal 2014 , we spent $370.3 BILLION in federal tax money alone on welfare. Let's see the figueres are this woman will pay I believe it was 37% of $220M in federal income taxes, or what roughly $80M. $80M is what percentage of $370B? and that's just a one time payment.

That is a silly thing to complain about. A Powerball ticket costs $2.00. I like the fact that a person who actually needs and could use the money won. One less person collecting public assistance is a GOOD thing. Congratulations to her! I do wish it was me though. Lol.

Short sighted and stupid.

I have kids in college. I help them pay their bills, but I find out they are out wasting their own money while taking mine to pay bills, I cut off their money.

The dollar amount of the lottery ticket is irrelevant, unless you are stupid. Do you really believe that a person making minimum wage and having four kids and is on welfare only wasted $2 in their lives ? Of course not, Amazing that people on welfare have IPhones, flat screen TV, 20" wheels on their cars, $100 jeans, $75 sneakers, etc etc Plenty of money for beer and pot.

Please deny any of that is true.

I don't condemn people on welfare buying a lottery ticket anymore than I condemn them for buying an ice cream cone or going to see a movie

For fuck's sakes, what is wrong with you? WE , those of us who pay taxes anyway , are FEEDING them because they claim they can't afford to do it themselves. Maybe they COULD afford to if they wouldn't go spend $50 at the movie theater.

Poor people do not deserve to be punished for their poverty. They don't need rightwing poverty police monitoring every penny they spend. If they want to have some enjoyment in life, they don't need assholes like you insisting they eat gruel and wear hand me downs

Since when did "here is some of MY money to help feed you, but don't be spending YOUR money on frivolous things" become punishment?

And yes, if they are so poor they need my help feeding themselves they certainly need SOMEONE policing their spending

They receive money to buy food for their family

Any other money of theirs ........they get to do as they wish

Ice cream, movies or lottery tickets are theirs to buy

Just like you and me

Short sighted and stupid.

I have kids in college. I help them pay their bills, but I find out they are out wasting their own money while taking mine to pay bills, I cut off their money.

The dollar amount of the lottery ticket is irrelevant, unless you are stupid. Do you really believe that a person making minimum wage and having four kids and is on welfare only wasted $2 in their lives ? Of course not, Amazing that people on welfare have IPhones, flat screen TV, 20" wheels on their cars, $100 jeans, $75 sneakers, etc etc Plenty of money for beer and pot.

Please deny any of that is true.

Well, she won, right? Now she's a multi-millionaire, so regardless of whether or not you approve, it turned out well for her.

I don't know how much money other people spend or on what and neither do you. A $2.00 Powerball ticket is NOT a big deal though.

she's now welfare free.

That's a bullshit argument made by people who either A) can't extrapolate or B) can,but rather hide the facts

In fiscal 2014 , we spent $370.3 BILLION in federal tax money alone on welfare. Let's see the figueres are this woman will pay I believe it was 37% of $220M in federal income taxes, or what roughly $80M. $80M is what percentage of $370B? and that's just a one time payment.

Well, obviously you have a HUGE chip on your shoulder. This woman can USE the money. That is a good thing. I like hearing that a person who really, really needs it won. Now she isn't going to be collecting your precious tax dollars anymore. That's good, right?

Just like you and me

Some people WANT them to suffer. They want to punish them and they hope they live in misery.

she's now welfare free.

speaking of bullshit...
80million? she has way over paid.
the only thing being extrapolated here is the tantrum you are throwing.. she just beat the odds..
besides you seem to want no welfare at all.. how Christian and conservative of you...
grow the fuck up!

^^ that ^^

Article doesn't say she's black or on welfare but the video shows she's black and she's an unemployed mother of 4 kids so i figure.....People on welfare should not be allowed to win a lottery. That money is for the kids not for gambling. At the very least she should have to pay back the state the welfare money they've paid her.

Unemployed mom of 4 wins Powerball in North Carolina Money - Home

feb 13 2015
and the Powerball winner is ... an unemployed mother of four kids.

Marie Holmes, 26, of North Carolina is one of the three winners who picked the combination that won them the $564.1 million jackpot: 11-13-25-39-54-19.

"I thought I was going to have a heart attack when I seen the ticket," said Holmes, in an interview with local TV affiliate WECT. "My uncle actually sold me the winning ticket."

Holmes, who used to work at McDonald's and WalMart, said she no longer has to worry about providing for her son and three daughters.

Suck a tailpipe, nazi douche.

Just like you and me

Some people WANT them to suffer. They want to punish them and they hope they live in misery.

That is their biggest gripe

Poor people don't suffer enough

Just like you and me

bravo

Just like you and me

Well, I for one don't have a problem with my tax money going to help poor people here in America. I much prefer that than to send the money to help poor countries that hate us. Every single one of us has had difficult times. It's not easy to get job, especially for a single mother of 4. There are not a lot of options for a person like that. If she worked, most of her money would go just to pay for daycare for those 4 children.

I can't imagine what I would do with that kind of money. But I would have a great time doing it. First thing I would do is buy a small cottagey house on a couple of acres out in the country but close enough to Docs and Vets. I would give a chunk to ASPCA. And everyone I have ever met online or in real life would get a shitload too. Well, the ones that treated me decently, anyway.

Just like you and me

even bad daycare aint cheap.

Well, I for one don't have a problem with my tax money going to help poor people here in America. I much prefer that than to send the money to help poor countries that hate us. Every single one of us has had difficult times. It's not easy to get job, especially for a single mother of 4. There are not a lot of options for a person like that. If she worked, most of her money would go just to pay for daycare for those 4 children.
probably a one meal a day family

I can't imagine what I would do with that kind of money. But I would have a great time doing it. First thing I would do is buy a small cottagey house on a couple of acres out in the country but close enough to Docs and Vets. I would give a chunk to ASPCA. And everyone I have ever met online or in real life would get a shitload too. Well, the ones that treated me decently, anyway.

I know what I would do. Freak out! :lol: That is the very first thing I would do.

Forum List

Back