Welfare queen wins nearly $200 million powerball - Is this right?

If she's really a Welfare Queen then she can repay the taxpayers of America who's money she's been using for years.

You don't know much about blacks do you?. She won't give back a penny unless forced to. Blacks are all raised on welfare and think they are owed it.

See my post about the taxes she will pay on her winnings. I think that should MORE than cover it, don't you?

In a $580 million dollar lottery, the state is also keeping $580 million
On her $580 million she also pays federal taxes of 38%

I think that more than pays for what she was given on welfare

Except child support is not your tax dollars, is it Einstein?

It's still welfare. Women don't earn child support, you nitwit.

But if it isn't coming out of your pocket (as in taxes), you have no say at all. It is none of your fucking business, you halfwit.

And, as I pointed out, she will pay a bit over $60 million in taxes. I think that more than covers any gov't assistance she has received. Certainly far more in taxes than you will pay in your entire, hate-filled, life.

[

The exact same amount of evidence that you have for your claims about her being on welfare.

Hey liar. I never said she was on welfare. In the OP i explained that i wasn't certain but thought it very likely. Get your facts straight.

Hey nimrod, maybe you should keep track of what you actually post. You said "Blacks are all raised on welfare and think they are owed it". You are the one who claimed that they are ALL raised on welfare.

But if it isn't coming out of your pocket (as in taxes), you have no say at all. It is none of your fucking business, you halfwit.

And, as I pointed out, she will pay a bit over $60 million in taxes. I think that more than covers any gov't assistance she has received. Certainly far more in taxes than you will pay in your entire, hate-filled, life.

And I counter that with the question.

Will it also cover repaying the assistance for and the taxes of everyone who is on welfare and playing the lottery who never won and thus never paid any taxes?

If she's really a Welfare Queen then she can repay the taxpayers of America who's money she's been using for years.

You don't know much about blacks do you?. She won't give back a penny unless forced to. Blacks are all raised on welfare and think they are owed it.

See my post about the taxes she will pay on her winnings. I think that should MORE than cover it, don't you?

The top federal tax rate is actually 39.4%. I know the difference between 38% and 39.4% isn't much, but in her case it amounts to $2.6 million more. Plus the state tax, which in NC will be 7.75%.

And I counter that with the question.

Will it also cover repaying the assistance for and the taxes of everyone who is on welfare and playing the lottery who never won and thus never paid any taxes?

I'd be willing to be it is less than is spent on cigarettes. If you want restrictions, put them on the assistance as it is paid.

How is that her responsibility ? she is responsible for anyone who may have received assistance ? you must be one of those collectivists ... who is going to pay that young lady reparation for the Holocaust of the Blacks in America

How is that her responsibility ? she is responsible for anyone who may have received assistance ? you must be one of those collectivists ... who is going to pay that young lady reparation for the Holocaust of the Blacks in America

OMG you people are stupid.

NO ONE said it was her responsibility. I'm saying that her paying taxes now doesn't justify everyone who plays the lottery while on welfare.

The top federal tax rate is actually 39.4%. I know the difference between 38% and 39.4% isn't much, but in her case it amounts to $2.6 million more. Plus the state tax, which in NC will be 7.75%.

I think they usually waive the state tax because the state is already taking half of the lottery pool

Hey einstein. The taxes are separate from her welfare debt. She owes the taxes whether she was on welfare or not.

Hey nimrod, maybe you should keep track of what you actually post. You said "Blacks are all raised on welfare and think they are owed it". You are the one who claimed that they are ALL raised on welfare.

Are you one of those autistic loonies that don't understand figures of speech?

Hey einstein. The taxes are separate from her welfare debt. She owes the taxes whether she was on welfare or not.

Hey Hawking, youwere complaining because she was spending your tax dollars, like the pittance you pay in taxes had much to do with the welfare you assume she is getting. She is paying more than you, by a huge margin. So she is covered. Welfare is not based on what you ever made or make. It is based on the need at a given time.

Are you one of those autistic loonies that don't understand figures of speech?

No, I am one of those people who, when you try and defend your statements by saying "I didn't say "all"..." I enjoy pointing out that you did, in fact, say "all". And the context of the comment I quoted shows it was not a figure of speech.

The "Lotto Madness" that has swept across America reveals something about our culture. While this might not reach the level of needing a post event "debriefing" a closer look at how these large lotteries effect our culture may be important. A close inspection of how people react to the idea of winning a large sum of money exposes more then a few flaws in our values and the way we think.

During the latest lotto that sported a massive well publicized jackpot people used money that was intended to be used to pay rent and even the food stamp money given to them by tax payers to buy tickets. This is indeed madness. If you would like to read more the article below delves deeper into "Lotto Madness" and its affects on how we think about money and wealth.

http://brucewilds.blogspot.com/2012/12/lotto-madness.html

The "Lotto Madness" that has swept across America reveals something about our culture. While this might not reach the level of needing a post event "debriefing" a closer look at how these large lotteries effect our culture may be important. A close inspection of how people react to the idea of winning a large sum of money exposes more then a few flaws in our values and the way we think.

During the latest lotto that sported a massive well publicized jackpot people used money that was intended to be used to pay rent and even the food stamp money given to them by tax payers to buy tickets. This is indeed madness. If you would like to read more the article below delves deeper into "Lotto Madness" and its affects on how we think about money and wealth.

http://brucewilds.blogspot.com/2012/12/lotto-madness.html

The lottery is a tax on people who are not good at math

But to spend one or two dollars on a ticket that allows you to fantasize about being mega wealthy is not a bad investment

[
She is a mother taking care of a disabled child

Have conservatives really sunk that low in their contempt for those less fortunate?

What evidence do you have for this disabled child story?

And she's not less fortunate. She's just a typical dumb lazy black.

Did you bother to read the story or stop once you realized she is black?

She was working and quit to take care of her disabled child

Why do you hate people who are struggling in our society?

[

Have conservatives really sunk that low in their contempt for those less fortunate?

I don't hate anyone, but even you admitted that the lottery is a stupid investment and many people are in fact struggling because they REPEATEDLY make stupid choices.

[

I don't hate anyone, but even you admitted that the lottery is a stupid investment and many people are in fact struggling because they REPEATEDLY make stupid choices.

It is a stupid investment but it gives people hope. Something most poor people do not have

Forum List

Back