Welfare queen wins nearly $200 million powerball - Is this right?

Glad to see her win....she seems like a fine woman

Fine women don't waste their own money on lottery tickets while buying food with other people's money. Is your political "side" so important to you that you can't even acknowledge that fact?

Aside from the openly racist OP, how did you come to the conclusion that this woman bought her lottery tickets with "other people's money"?

I agree the OP was openly racist, and I've no part of that nonsense. I don't care what color this woman is.

But are you serious? A person who is receiving food stamps has basically said "hey I dont' even have enough to feed myself" and I dont begrudge my tax dollars paying for SNAP, not one bit, what I do begrudge is them taking my tax dollars to buy themselves food and then wasting their own money.

Take away the food stamps and they would HAVE to spend their own money on food and wouldn't have money to waste on lottery tickets.

Now I'm not one of those assholes who thinks they should be monitored on what food they can buy, if they want to splurge on 3 steak dinners and go hungry the rest of the month, whatever; but I DO believe that they should be held accountable for wasting their money while taking ours.

What do you think when say the US Navy come and say "hey we know you gave us $300M for jets but we spent that money on resort accommodations for high ranking officers, so can we have some more money?" I don't know about you, but that pisses me off.

I see, ZERO difference between a person doing it and a government entity doing it, It's entirely systematic of why our government is trillions and trillions of dollars in debt, because every single person who has their hand in the cookie jar doesn't care, it's not their money, so they take zero pride in being resourceful and thrifty with it.

You want to buy lottery tickets, get a better paying job, or get a second job and buy lottery tickets.

Fine women don't waste their own money on lottery tickets while buying food with other people's money. Is your political "side" so important to you that you can't even acknowledge that fact?

Aside from the openly racist OP, how did you come to the conclusion that this woman bought her lottery tickets with "other people's money"?

I agree the OP was openly racist, and I've no part of that nonsense. I don't care what color this woman is.

But are you serious? A person who is receiving food stamps has basically said "hey I dont' even have enough to feed myself" and I dont begrudge my tax dollars paying for SNAP, not one bit, what I do begrudge is them taking my tax dollars to buy themselves food and then wasting their own money.

Take away the food stamps and they would HAVE to spend their own money on food and wouldn't have money to waste on lottery tickets.

Now I'm not one of those assholes who thinks they should be monitored on what food they can buy, if they want to splurge on 3 steak dinners and go hungry the rest of the month, whatever; but I DO believe that they should be held accountable for wasting their money while taking ours.

What do you think when say the US Navy come and say "hey we know you gave us $300M for jets but we spent that money on resort accommodations for high ranking officers, so can we have some more money?" I don't know about you, but that pisses me off.

I see, ZERO difference between a person doing it and a government entity doing it, It's entirely systematic of why our government is trillions and trillions of dollars in debt, because every single person who has their hand in the cookie jar doesn't care, it's not their money, so they take zero pride in being resourceful and thrifty with it.

You want to buy lottery tickets, get a better paying job, or get a second job and buy lottery tickets.

Aside from the racist OP who likes to make shit up, what makes you think this woman was on food stamps?

Aside from the racist OP who likes to make shit up, what makes you think this woman was on food stamps?

I don't assume she is. The article linked to in the OP didn't say she was on welfare. The idiotic OP just assumed that was the case. I haven't said she was on welfare. I was merely talking in the abstract. I don't think I've mentioned this particular woman at all, and f I did it was accidental.

I don't assume she is. The article linked to in the OP didn't say she was on welfare. The idiotic OP just assumed that was the case. I haven't said she was on welfare. I was merely talking in the abstract. I don't think I've mentioned this particular woman at all, and f I did it was accidental.

This is the post I responded to:

Doesn't seem very "abstract" to me.

Argue minutiae if you wish , you'll do it without me. I've made it clear where I stand on this topic, and on this woman in particular.

Let her win...

let her suffer and

pay for it

that's the Law of life

don;t be jealous of the bitch ...ops

of the poor poor woman

Argue minutiae if you wish , you'll do it without me. I've made it clear where I stand on this topic, and on this woman in particular.

:lol:

In other words, you took the OP at his word because you wanted to believe him, and now you're trying to backtrack and save face after it's been made clear that the OP is full of shit.

Carry on.

He got carried away and really thinks the black girl is a fine woman.

In other words, you took the OP at his word because you wanted to believe him, and now you're trying to backtrack and save face after it's been made clear that the OP is full of shit.

Carry on.

Not the case at all, I never mentioned the woman in the OP , but if it makes you feel better to believe that everyone that disagrees with you is a racist dumb fuck like the OP feel free. I mean I only posted 3 times in the thread that color has nothing to do with this, which is certainly more often than you ever call out stupid things posted by stupid people on the left, so in short you can go fuck yourself you hypocritical douche bag.

people who win that money

die early in life

How many men kill themselves for 30 years 40 hours a week to take care of their families? I'll take my chances and if anything happens to me my family is set for the next 20 generations if not 200

He got carried away and really thinks the black girl is a fine woman.

she thinks that????

really????????

LOL you joking I believe

One of the good people at stormfront posted that some states do make lottery winners on welfare pay back the welfare they received over the years. That will still be a tiny fraction of what she won.

The actual amount of her winnings is a bit over $188 million. If she takes the cash option, she will get about $127 million, and she will pay 39.4% in federal tax and 7.75% in NC state tax.

So with the cash option, she will pay $60,134,500.00 in taxes. If she has been drawing money for her entire life (26 years), she will more than pay that back. Since she will be paying $2,312,865.38 for each of her 26 years. I think that will cover whatever food stamps and welfare she received.

In other words, she will pay a bit over $50 million to the feds, and a bit under $10 million to North Carolina. Whatever debt she owed for her assistance is more than paid back by her taxes for the initial winnings.

Article doesn't say she's black or on welfare but the video shows she's black and she's an unemployed mother of 4 kids so i figure.....People on welfare should not be allowed to win a lottery. That money is for the kids not for gambling. At the very least she should have to pay back the state the welfare money they've paid her.

Unemployed mom of 4 wins Powerball in North Carolina Money - Home

feb 13 2015
and the Powerball winner is ... an unemployed mother of four kids.

Marie Holmes, 26, of North Carolina is one of the three winners who picked the combination that won them the $564.1 million jackpot: 11-13-25-39-54-19.

"I thought I was going to have a heart attack when I seen the ticket," said Holmes, in an interview with local TV affiliate WECT. "My uncle actually sold me the winning ticket."

Holmes, who used to work at McDonald's and WalMart, said she no longer has to worry about providing for her son and three daughters.

She's going to pay a lot in taxes. Love how you guys say us liberals are jealous of silver spoons like bush Romney yet you begrudge someone who went from rags to riches?

Bush and Romney lucky too. Who their parents were mattered. Bush and Romney never knew struggle.

One of the good people at stormfront posted that some states do make lottery winners on welfare pay back the welfare they received over the years. That will still be a tiny fraction of what she won.

The actual amount of her winnings is a bit over $188 million. If she takes the cash option, she will get about $127 million, and she will pay 39.4% in federal tax and 7.75% in NC state tax.

So with the cash option, she will pay $60,134,500.00 in taxes. If she has been drawing money for her entire life (26 years), she will more than pay that back. Since she will be paying $2,312,865.38 for each of her 26 years. I think that will cover whatever food stamps and welfare she received.

In other words, she will pay a bit over $50 million to the feds, and a bit under $10 million to North Carolina. Whatever debt she owed for her assistance is more than paid back by her taxes for the initial winnings.

Assuming of course that she even collected welfare, what you say is true.

But that's one winner. How many are collecting welfare and playing the lottery and not winning?

Carry on.

Not the case at all, I never mentioned the woman in the OP , but if it makes you feel better to believe that everyone that disagrees with you is a racist dumb fuck like the OP feel free. I mean I only posted 3 times in the thread that color has nothing to do with this, which is certainly more often than you ever call out stupid things posted by stupid people on the left, so in short you can go fuck yourself you hypocritical douche bag.

You know, it'd be a lot easier if you just admit you got suckered by the OP.

I have no problem with her winning . Gets her off the tax payers dime and now she has to pay her own taxes ..

You missed the point. Us working whites give her welfare so she can take care of her kids. It's not meant for gambling. THINK

So no working blacks pay taxes? No other minorities pay taxes?

And how do you know she draws any welfare? Unemployed could also mean many things. But I am not worried about her spending $10 (which is what that ticket cost).

In place of "powerball" payouts I believe there should be more million dollar payouts. I.e., rather than a single $100 million powerball there should be 100 winning numbers, each paying $1 million prize.

That arrangement would increase the odds of winning and result in more individuals enjoying a moderate windfall. But the problem with that is the chance of winning a mere $1 million (ordinary wealth) would not attract as many players as does the seemingly irresistable lure of the powerball win (phenomenal wealth).

Greed is a seductive impetus. People who won't spend the few minutes it takes to buy a ticket for a chance to win $1 million will stand on a line for an hour to buy powerball tickets -- even though the odds of winning are proportionately reduced.

In place of "powerball" payouts I believe there should be more million dollar payouts. I.e., rather than a single $100 million powerball there should be 100 winning numbers, each paying $1 million prize.

That arrangement would increase the odds of winning and result in more individuals enjoying a moderate windfall. But the problem with that is the chance of winning a mere $1 million (ordinary wealth) would not attract as many players as does the seemingly irresistable lure of the powerball win (phenomenal wealth).

Greed is a seductive impetus. People who won't spend the few minutes it takes to buy a ticket for a chance to win $1 million will stand on a line for an hour to buy powerball tickets -- even though the odds of winning are proportionately reduced.

Both Powerball and Mega Millions have trouble getting people to buy tickets when the jackpot is below $100 million. The sales of tickets in a game that pays $1 million wouldn't amount to much.

If she's really a Welfare Queen then she can repay the taxpayers of America who's money she's been using for years.

Forum List

Back