Welfare queen wins nearly $200 million powerball - Is this right?

You guys realize that since this woman won the lottery, she's paid more in taxes than any of you will in your entire lives?

Hey einstein. You give me $200 million i didn't earn, and i'll be glad to give $100 million of it back to you. THINK

[
Why are you complaining if she is no longer eligible for welfare due to her new found means?

Welfare recipients should not be gambling with the money working white people give them. THINK

Color has nothing to do with this

Sure it does. Whites pay the taxes that pay for your welfare.

LOL moron I'm white and have a six figure tax bill every year.

Regardless, there are plenty of blacks who pay income tax and plenty of whites who pay none.

Glad to see her win....she seems like a fine woman

Fine women don't waste their own money on lottery tickets while buying food with other people's money. Is your political "side" so important to you that you can't even acknowledge that fact?

Roadkill and dumpster diving OK with you?

What the fuck are you talking about?

It's this fucking simple. IF you have $20 a week to play that the lottery, that's $80 a week you should be spending on FOOD

Same way i feel about drug testing welfare recipients, if you can afford drugs/alcohol or smokes you can afford your own fucking food.

It's no coincidence that most people on food stamps also smoke/drink and play the lottery you know. Those bad habits are exactly why they are on food stamps.

Fine women don't waste their own money on lottery tickets while buying food with other people's money. Is your political "side" so important to you that you can't even acknowledge that fact?

It's this fucking simple. IF you have $20 a week to play that the lottery, that's $80 a week you should be spending on FOOD

Same way i feel about drug testing welfare recipients, if you can afford drugs/alcohol or smokes you can afford your own fucking food.

It's no coincidence that most people on food stamps also smoke/drink and play the lottery you know. Those bad habits are exactly why they are on food stamps.

Heaven forbid poor folks spend two bucks on a lottery ticket

Fucking right, when they are taking MY money to subsidize every other fucking aspect of their lives. I mean seriously,subsidized housing, subsidized food, subsidized rent, subsidized cell phones for God's sakes.

No, they shouldn't be spending 2 fucking cents on a lottery ticket.

Fucking right, when they are taking MY money to subsidize every other fucking aspect of their lives. I mean seriously,subsidized housing, subsidized food, subsidized rent, subsidized cell phones for God's sakes.

How about a coca-cola and a Twinkie?

Is it right? If it was a fair and square win then I believe that it is.

God bless you and the woman and her family always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

Great to hear that someone who is struggling wins the big one.

Great to see the Butthurt from conservatives

What we all a win/win

I dont care that a poor person won. God bless her.

I do have a problem when someone asks the taxpayer for welfare payments....and spends their other cash on gambling. Something is just wrong with that.

How about a penny?

How about a penny?

not even a six pence.

Article doesn't say she's black or on welfare but the video shows she's black and she's an unemployed mother of 4 kids so i figure.....People on welfare should not be allowed to win a lottery. That money is for the kids not for gambling. At the very least she should have to pay back the state the welfare money they've paid her.

Unemployed mom of 4 wins Powerball in North Carolina Money - Home

feb 13 2015
and the Powerball winner is ... an unemployed mother of four kids.

Marie Holmes, 26, of North Carolina is one of the three winners who picked the combination that won them the $564.1 million jackpot: 11-13-25-39-54-19.

"I thought I was going to have a heart attack when I seen the ticket," said Holmes, in an interview with local TV affiliate WECT. "My uncle actually sold me the winning ticket."

Holmes, who used to work at McDonald's and WalMart, said she no longer has to worry about providing for her son and three daughters.
Interesting. Talk about jealous.

Aside from the openly racist OP, how did you come to the conclusion that this woman bought her lottery tickets with "other people's money"?

Forum List

Back