Welfare Recipients Now Outnumber Workers

Democrats now out number Republicans

But I'm not so sure.

I think a LOT of these people would rather work and have some self-respect.

Not all. Certainly not all. But a lot.

People will turn to dimocraps when they don't see an alternative. When they don't believe they have a chance in this world to make something of themselves, to lead a decent life, to steer their own ship and to be masters of their own destiny.

And even though the dimocrap party has done its best to emasculate America and have The State take the place of the Husband and Father in this Country, the instinct is still there in most males.

You can easily see the results of our pathetic educational establishment and Pop Culture in the effeminate nature of most libs, especially the ones on this Board.

Think about it.

The 'Y' chromosome is still around, despite dimocrap efforts to stamp it out

Edgetho, you seem to spend an awful lot of time on this board. How do you find the time? Generous pension? Unemployment bennies? Social Security?

Well, then I'm all for those that have an IQ below 100 and/or haven't received a college education in economics can't vote or run for office.

See how the idea of voting qualifications doesn't work?

could be as well - most of the leftards won't pass, so I am all for it :lol:

You keep telling yourself that.

That's already been shown to be true, as programmed liberal ideology seems to get in the way of just basic economics.

Who is better informed about the policy choices facing the country—liberals, conservatives or libertarians? According to a Zogby International survey that I write about in the May issue of Econ Journal Watch, the answer is unequivocal: The left flunks Econ 101.

Daniel Klein: Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader? - WSJ.com

From a man over 200 years ago,

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Ben was right and that day has arrived.
agree, but the difference alan is you think ben's warning was speaking about the poor....and I don't...

Democrats now out number Republicans

So, most Dems must be welfare recipients. The study certainly suggests that. Not exactly a source of pride to say that people on welfare turn into Dems since they usually don't bite the hand that feeds them and gives them other free stuff using other peoples' money.

OP- Those aren't welfare recipients, and could you stop wrecking the recovery with phony crises, so we can stop hearing this stupid brainwashed BS...You can keep the phony scandals, because no one with a brain is listening anymore anyway...lol.

21 Statistics About The Explosive Growth Of Poverty In America That Everyone Should Know

Yes, corporate profits are at levels never seen before, but so is the number of Americans on food stamps. Yes, housing prices have started to rebound a little bit (especially in wealthy areas), but there are also more than a million public school students in America that are homeless. That is the first time that has ever happened in U.S. history. So should we measure our economic progress by the false stock market bubble that has been inflated by Ben Bernanke's reckless money printing, or should we measure our economic progress by how the poor and the middle class are doing? Because if we look at how average Americans are doing these days, then there is not much to be excited about. In fact, poverty continues to experience explosive growth in the United States and the middle class continues to shrink. Sadly, the truth is that things are not getting better for most Americans. With each passing year the level of economic suffering in this country continues to go up, and we haven't even reached the next major wave of the economic collapse yet. When that strikes, the level of economic pain in this nation is going to be off the charts.

1 - According to the U.S. Census Bureau, approximately one out of every six Americans is now living in poverty. The number of Americans living in poverty is now at a level not seen since the 1960s.

2 - When you add in the number of low income Americans it is even more sobering. According to the U.S. Census Bureau, more than 146 million Americans are either "poor" or "low income".

3 - Today, approximately 20 percent of all children in the United States are living in poverty. Incredibly, a higher percentage of children is living in poverty in America today than was the case back in 1975.

4 - It may be hard to believe, but approximately 57 percent of all children in the United States are currently living in homes that are either considered to be either "low income" or impoverished.

comment

Read the rest or disregard, that is simply up to you. Our Standard of Living has been in decline for quite a while now. Poverty is increasing, and the Middle Class is shrinking. The value of the dollar has been in steady decline for 4 decades. We have the bubble Machine of Wall Street going again with no real results with economic output averaging only 1.7 per year growth in the long term.

I've been reading the comments on this thread. It boils down to 2 basic oppinions.

One side believes the Gov't is the answer to everything.

The other side believes the Gov't is the problem.

Another issue is that the original thread manipulates the numbers. I'm not going to try and justify the original thread one way or another. All the articles and data I've been reading shows LOW ECONOMIC OUTPUT, increased Poverty, Shrinking Middle Class, More Gov't debt, Devaluation of the dollar, and Federal Currency Manipulation to pump up the Markets out of reality of the real situation.

The primary problem now facing most of America is Jobs. Good paying Jobs that raise people out of poverty and gives them the means to support their families. I believe that the Gov't needs to get out of the way, and stop attacking business so they will invest here in America and allow job growth. This should be the primary goal of ANYONE NOW. By creating laws that increase the cost of doing business, with higher taxes and mandates, you chase more business out of the country to overseas areas to create jobs elsewhere. Which is exactly why I DITCH THE DEMS proposals on Job Creation. They spent trillions on JOBS with VERY LIMITED RESULTS. And now their answer is to spend TRILLIONS MORE when they've already failed miserably with the money already spent.

Second, THE MOUNTAIN OF DEBT. We destroy the value of the dollar by continuing down our present path. Which gives our dollar LESS BUYING POWER. Lower's our standard of living and helps to increase poverty. But the Gov't can't stop spending and the Fed can't stop Printing more and more and more. Pumping up the bubbles of the markets and increasing our debt making it harder and harder to pay the dang thing. With Unfunded Liabilities coming we sail at full speed into waters with Ice Bergs saying it will be fine and dandy. Which of course sank the Titanic.

It's now down to opinions about how to fix the dang thing. One side wanting more Gov't, and one side wanting less Gov't. I'm on the side of less Gov't.

The child tax credit that about 99% of you with children at home are claiming off your taxes is considered a means tested program,

so every one of you is considered to be on welfare according to the OP.

If one qualifies on the additional child tax credit form or what is called a 'refundable credit' or refundable portion

Assuming one even qualifies for it....
If it just reduces your tax liability then it is just your money you are keeping.
Even in the case of the additional child tax credit, it it base lined against
the amount of SS and Medicare taxes one pays. It makes your cash flow with
gov't on the tax form never be less than zero.

Notice, this is different than the EIC which is a total positive cash flow
to the filer. i.e. it is money they never had to begin with...

Last edited:
If one qualifies on the additional child tax credit form.
If it just reduces your tax liability then it is just your money you are keeping.

I love how the rightwing inmates here can always concoct an argument to rationalize their own slice of the welfare pie.

I love how the rightwing inmates here can always concoct an argument to rationalize their own slice of the welfare pie.

Yes keeping more of your own earned money vs. entitlement hand-outs are such a concoction.

Does that include those who don't get the credit?
But, if you are advocating a flat tax for all with no deductions
I am on board

Testimony on Means-Tested Programs and Tax Credits for Low-Income Households
CBO

The federal government devotes roughly one-sixth of its spending to 10 major means-tested programs and tax credits, which provide cash payments or assistance in obtaining health care, food, housing, or education to people with relatively low income or few assets. Those programs and credits consist of the following:

• Medicaid,
  • The low-income subsidy for Part D of Medicare (the part of Medicare that provides prescription drug benefits),
  • The refundable portion of the earned income tax credit (EITC),
  • The refundable portion of the child tax credit,
  • Supplemental Security Income,
  • Temporary Assistance for Needy Families,
  • The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP, formerly called the Food Stamp program),
  • Child nutrition programs,
  • Housing assistance programs, and
  • The Federal Pell Grant Program.

Truth is hard for the left
In fact, it is their worst enemy

Last edited:
Most working poor people work for companies that rake in untold billions of dollars, so the real frustration is why are you and me having to help these corporations to subsidize their employees?

Walmart is one of the largest employers in America, if not the largest. And yet a great deal of their workforce is part of the number of people who need additional assistance.

If their employees were making $5 more an hour, less of us would have to help out.

Too bad Republicans are against raising the minimum wage though. A lot of them don't even believe there should be one. Republicans are the most hypocritical bums on this whole issue.

We could solve a lot of this problem by simply paying our working poor more fairly for the house they put in at corporations that have never done better for themselves. They can still be mega rich AND make their employees' lives better AND lessen the burden for you and me.

It's a triple-whammy to raise the minimum wage in a meaningful way, but Republicans would never go for it, because they would rather be able to push this issue forever than to actually fix it. That's all they're worth these days; just hypocritical complaining in order to get themselves all riled up.

Does that include those who don't get the credit?
But, if you are advocating a flat tax for all with no deductions
I am on board

Testimony on Means-Tested Programs and Tax Credits for Low-Income Households
CBO

The federal government devotes roughly one-sixth of its spending to 10 major means-tested programs and tax credits, which provide cash payments or assistance in obtaining health care, food, housing, or education to people with relatively low income or few assets. Those programs and credits consist of the following:

• Medicaid,
  • The low-income subsidy for Part D of Medicare (the part of Medicare that provides prescription drug benefits),
  • The refundable portion of the earned income tax credit (EITC),
  • The refundable portion of the child tax credit,
  • Supplemental Security Income,
  • Temporary Assistance for Needy Families,
  • The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP, formerly called the Food Stamp program),
  • Child nutrition programs,
  • Housing assistance programs, and
  • The Federal Pell Grant Program.

Truth is hard for the left
In fact, it is their worst enemy

I've been advocating a Flat Tax for a while now. So, I'd be on board as well.

Most working poor people work for companies that rake in untold billions of dollars, so the real frustration is why are you and me having to help these corporations to subsidize their employees?

Walmart is one of the largest employers in America, if not the largest. And yet a great deal of their workforce is part of the number of people who need additional assistance.

If their employees were making $5 more an hour, less of us would have to help out.

Too bad Republicans are against raising the minimum wage though. A lot of them don't even believe there should be one. Republicans are the most hypocritical bums on this whole issue.

We could solve a lot of this problem by simply paying our working poor more fairly for the house they put in at corporations that have never done better for themselves. They can still be mega rich AND make their employees' lives better AND lessen the burden for you and me.

It's a triple-whammy to raise the minimum wage in a meaningful way, but Republicans would never go for it, because they would rather be able to push this issue forever than to actually fix it. That's all they're worth these days; just hypocritical complaining in order to get themselves all riled up.

Raising the minimum wage tends to increase unemployment
and it hurts minorities the most

While it might make people who advocate it feel good about themselves,
it adds little real benefit in economic terms.

Last edited:

Why do you commies always feel that you and others deserve money others earned?

You ain't seen nothing yet, new course curriculum will be introduced to teach kids about all the free goodness they can get from uncle Sam, and how to go about getting it.

Watch.

We could solve a lot of this problem by simply paying our working poor fairly for the house they put in at corporations that have never done better for . They can still be mega rich AND make their employees' lives better AND lessen the burden for you and me.

Yes it is They's fault. Take theirs.

and Interpol calls himself a centrist
:lol:

Last edited:

and Interpol calls himself a centrist
:lol:

Commies always do

Forum List

Back