Well are you?

How can you not be better off than you were eight years ago?

You have to be a total retard not to make money in a stock market that more than doubled, a real estate market that has increased while maintaining record low interest rates and a job market that added 10 million jobs

Only a conservative could lose money in that environment

Well we all know dems didn't make any money only the the fat cats that Obama has been saying were the bad guys for the last 8 years

Besides we saw what happened in the last market slide
The policy of artificially low interest rates and printing shit loads of money has overvalued the market and we're not out of the woods yet

How is your retirement account compared to eight years ago? Mine has tripled in size
Under Bush, I saw my 401K drop by half. I saw my house lose $60,000 in value, I saw a job market where people were losing jobs at 750,000 a month

How can you not be better off?

I assume you've been making contributions this whole time
And As I said there is a reason why the stock market is doing so well but we also know that it is very volatile as the last slide showed us
The reason it is so volatile right now is because of Obama's policies of printing shit loads of money and the fed keeping interest rates artificially low

It is valid to compare the current stock market to the real estate market 10 years ago we had a similar over valuation coupled with interest rates near 0

Obama's policy of printing shit loads of money yet didn't result in shitloads of inflation as predicted by conservative economists. Quantitative easing was immensely effective

You have to be a total retard not to make money in a stock market that more than doubled, a real estate market that has increased while maintaining record low interest rates and a job market that added 10 million jobs

Well we all know dems didn't make any money only the the fat cats that Obama has been saying were the bad guys for the last 8 years

The policy of artificially low interest rates and printing shit loads of money has overvalued the market and we're not out of the woods yet

How is your retirement account compared to eight years ago? Mine has tripled in size
Under Bush, I saw my 401K drop by half. I saw my house lose $60,000 in value, I saw a job market where people were losing jobs at 750,000 a month

Well, the job market has gotten a LITTLE better, but it is certainly still lacking. Things are not great, so let's be honest. We need to abandon the two main parties who hold a monopoly in our government. BOTH are in the pockets of corporate America! Those are their BIGGEST donors. They have lobbyists and people on the "inside." Meanwhile, the little guys are getting screwed over. Both parties lie to us and put party before country. Those are just facts!

Eight years ago we were in economic collapse....to try to claim that the country is not better off today is just plain deceptive

Job market is a LITTLE better? Losing 750,000 jobs a month vs gaining 200,000 jobs a month. That is almost a million jobs a month swing

Many of the jobs out there are not paying what they should and many are temp or part time jobs. Things COULD be much better. To try to claim that things are perfect is also deceptive and dishonest.

Who said perfect? The OP said BETTER than eight years ago

Today, we have the most successful economy on the planet and were struggling against the EU, and China eight years ago. Today our economy is burying them

I assume you've been making contributions this whole time
And As I said there is a reason why the stock market is doing so well but we also know that it is very volatile as the last slide showed us
The reason it is so volatile right now is because of Obama's policies of printing shit loads of money and the fed keeping interest rates artificially low

It is valid to compare the current stock market to the real estate market 10 years ago we had a similar over valuation coupled with interest rates near 0

Obama's policy of printing shit loads of money yet didn't result in shitloads of inflation as predicted by conservative economists. Quantitative easing was immensely effective

And it overvalued the stock market

That's where the inflation went.

Kleinfeld: China Didn't Cause US Stock-Market Crash

I'm in fine shape because I planned for my future years ago. I have 2 retirement checks, my home and land is paid for and I have money in the bank. The "American Dream" was realized by me.

I am sorry for you young people of today. I truly am. This is what logically comes from supporting liberals and their ideology.

The middle class in America is all but gone. Part time work is becoming the "norm" and it is not unusual to see a young man or woman working 2-3 part time jobs in an attempt to get ahead.

It's a damn shame. It really is.

I'm no worse off either but everything I own is paid for. Like you Randall I don't owe anyone a dime and that's what happens when you plan ahead.

I feel sorry for those that didn't and depend on the Govt. tit to survive. Of course I hate bankrolling their live for them but that's just what this country has turned into. Those that have take care of those that don't.

Well, I am going to have to take the other side of the argument here. Let me explain. You and I were ABLE to plan and save. Back in our time - you could actually develop a fiscal plan for your future. Hell, Savings accounts actually PAID to hold your money. Now? You're lucky if they will give you 1%. This situation that Obama has put us in leaves no room for the "future".

And that was the plan from day one. When was the last time ANYONE felt good about the "future"? That's what I thought. When you and I were young - we had the world by the tail. Now? These kids live in the mouth of the beast with little hope that it will ever change. We (the US) have spent so much of our time trying to affect change in the "world" i.e., China, Russia and so on - that we have let our own country rot from the inside. Now? Our own children and grand children are looking at scraps for their future and it was US that allowed someone like an Obama to do this to us. And what's worse - we allowed him to make our children believe that it is a good thing.

On the minimum wage deal, the most obvious solution would be to reduce welfare benefits and increase minimal wages.

I don't think anybody can argue that they would rather have the choice of paying for somebody's meal by buying the goods that they help create or serve rather than being forced to pay for them through a tax system. A reduction in welfare benefits would also help to reduce incentive to remain in lower paying jobs, which some people do.

You know, it never ceases to amaze me. I started working at 14 - BEFORE there was even a minimum wage. I made .60 per hour washing dishes in a Holiday Inn. The funniest damn thing about that Job, though. I NEVER looked at that job as a "gateway" to raise a family on - quite the opposite. I figured out, quite quickly, that only suckers work for minimum wage. That was the first and ONLY time I EVER worked for a "minimum" wage - before there was a minimum wage.

Seriously, the ONLY people I'm aware of that are DEMANDING more money are illegals that work fast food, and that's about it. Hell, learn the language, go to trade school and tell the mi I mum wage to kiss your ass.
BS. How bout some training programs for tech jobs and cheap loans for education like we had before Reaganism, and especially the mindless racist New BS GOP of today?

You mean we don't have that now?

What happened when DumBama took over the student loan program? I thought that was supposed to fix everything?
Blocked by the mindless GOP duh...

US employees are paid too much, and don't have enough skill, rent costs too much in the US, all costs are probably higher.

Where does the US want to be? Low paid, low quality, low skill manufacturing or high quality, highly paid, highly skilled manufacturing?

US employees are paid too much!?! How the hell do you figure that!?!

If we listen to the left in this country - only the rich get along OK. What the hell is it going to be? I want every American to make as much as his potential allows him to make - but I don't want it handed to them. EARN IT.
After 30 years of Voodoo: worst min. wage, work conditions, illegal work safeguards, vacations, work week, college costs, rich/poor gap, upward social mobility, % homeless and in prison EVAH, and in the modern world!! And you complain about the victims? Are you an idiot or an A-hole?:cuckoo:

Jesus, the idiot rears his ugly head to offer his "insight". Do yourself a favor, go to bed and dream of Bernie. You and that commie asshole should get along quite nicely.
All stuff you don't know, and fact, dupe. In fact from 2007, before your boys/thieves wrecked the world economy and obstructed any solutions for 7 years...

I swear, only a liberal would be able to look into the eyes of Jesus and lie to him.
All proven fact, dupe. Great job, GOP!

Oh, I see, relevance isn't relevance for you. Gotcha. How's this? On my last job, that I retired from (with a nice pension to go along with my military pension) I was making 98,970 per year with a full benefits package.

So, I went from .60 an hour in the early 60s to nearly $100,000 (well far above it with benefits) so see, relevance matters, if you don't want to stay at the bottom of the heap for your entire life.

Get it now?
Maybe you didn't read my post, but let me reiterate:

"You actually have to make a point and generally back that up with logic, knowledge, etc."

Now, personally, I'm happy to hear that you worked your way up out of the trenches (maybe even literally). Also, being a Marine veteran myself I'm happy to hear that you joined the select few who really put their ass on the line and serve the country.

However, the point still stands that an anecdotal story for you doesn't mean much when talking about the diverse population of America in general. If your point is that we shouldn't raise minimal wages, exactly WHY are you saying that? Because you once made a minimum wage? Okay...that means nothing. Maybe you are saying that everybody making a minimum wage can work their way out of it. That would mean you would have to change the entire job structure of America however (you can't honestly say that you think that there are enough higher paying jobs out there to support all the individuals making minimum wage now to move into them).
I'm not even certain why you are fighting this so much. Generally speaking the people who most commonly shop at the places that have minimum wage jobs (like McDonald's, Wal-Mart, etc.) are the individuals who also work at a place like that. People who make higher wages tend to shop and higher end stores. So, if you actually made close to $100,000 you should be actively fighting FOR an increase in minimum wages (coupled with a decrease in welfare benefits). The reason is that you generally won't use the services provided by the lowest common denominator, but, being a tax payer, you are literally paying for their meal ticket. I'm really not sure why you would argue against such an obvious point.

I'll make the argument:

For one, a huge minimum wage increase would have a domino effect across the country. All wages would increase which means labor in the US would be much more expensive and cause more businesses to move overseas or make investments in automation to replace human beings. Because of the huge price increases, it would make online shopping more inviting which has an impact on mom and pop shops.

Next of course is it wouldn't solve anything. Only about 4% of our working population makes minimum wage. Therefore the only people we would most help are teenagers, college kids, and senior citizens who are just looking to keep busy during their retirement years.

Then there is the question if it would even help them. That's because even though they get a wage increase, everything they buy would be much more expensive as well. If I get a wage increase and now bring home $200.00 a month more than I did before, but my shopping bill for the month went up $200.00 a month more, how am I ahead?
Of course, labor costs are 20% or less of final prices, so you're just parroting the usual dupe bs...

I'm in fine shape because I planned for my future years ago. I have 2 retirement checks, my home and land is paid for and I have money in the bank. The "American Dream" was realized by me.

I am sorry for you young people of today. I truly am. This is what logically comes from supporting liberals and their ideology.

The middle class in America is all but gone. Part time work is becoming the "norm" and it is not unusual to see a young man or woman working 2-3 part time jobs in an attempt to get ahead.

I'm no worse off either but everything I own is paid for. Like you Randall I don't owe anyone a dime and that's what happens when you plan ahead.

I feel sorry for those that didn't and depend on the Govt. tit to survive. Of course I hate bankrolling their live for them but that's just what this country has turned into. Those that have take care of those that don't.
After 30 years of Voodoo: worst min. wage, work conditions, illegal work safeguards, vacations, work week, college costs, rich/poor gap, upward social mobility, % homeless and in prison EVAH, and in the modern world!! And you complain about the victims? Are you an idiot or an A-hole?:cuckoo:

Glad you people did great in the good old days before Reaganism and the New BS GOP wrecked the country. The savings rate has gone from 10% in 1980 to MINUS 1% in 2007. Great job pandering to the greedy idiot megarich, dingbat dupes...

Glad you people did great in the good old days before Reaganism and the New BS GOP wrecked the country. The savings rate has gone from 10% in 1980 to MINUS 1% in 2007. Great job pandering to the greedy idiot megarich, dingbat dupes...

Jesus Christ - can you think for yourself? Or do you watch MSNBC all day then come here to spew your garbage?

Jesus Christ - can you think for yourself? Or do you watch MSNBC all day then come here to spew your garbage?

I agree. He conveniently forgets the Dems had as much to do with the state of things as the Reps do.

Of course when your a mindless haterdupe drone like Francoidiot. you don't have the intelligence to see anything but what you want to believe.

I agree. He conveniently forgets the Dems had as much to do with the state of things as the Reps do.

Of course when your a mindless haterdupe drone like Francoidiot. you don't have the intelligence to see anything but what you want to believe.

He's a parrot - a useful idiot for the left. Wouldn't know what to do with an original thought if it bit him on the ass.

Lets see how we compare to eight years ago

CB-LEI-since-2000.png

are you better off now than you were eight years ago

Absolutely yes.

The Bush years ended with the destruction of the housing and financial sectors. We saw the greatest meltdown in our lives. Obama turned it around and has brought unemployment to lowest levels since Clinton.

Bush and the Republican Congress created the Patriot Act, which erected a Soviet style bureaucracy over the nation.

Trump is right. He destroyed the middle east and the economy. He had the nerve to shine a light on what the Republican Party did to this country - this is why the establishment hates him.

Our only hope is that President Trump does not repeat the mistakes of the last 3 Republican administrations. Reagan tripled the debt of Carter with a bloated Pentagon budget written largely by weapons contractors. Bush 43 doubled the debt of Clinton. Every Republican administration complains about Democratic spending, BUT THEN they always - and I mean always - increase spending. Indeed, Bush didn't veto a single piece of Republican Pork. Nobody spends like Big Government Conservatives.

The only people who believe that the economy has gotten worse since Bush are people who live completely inside talk radio and FOX News.

(Wow, just Wow)
Obama would like to take credit for some good act but we've yet to see what that might be.

Oh, I see, relevance isn't relevance for you. Gotcha. How's this? On my last job, that I retired from (with a nice pension to go along with my military pension) I was making 98,970 per year with a full benefits package.

So, I went from .60 an hour in the early 60s to nearly $100,000 (well far above it with benefits) so see, relevance matters, if you don't want to stay at the bottom of the heap for your entire life.

Get it now?
Maybe you didn't read my post, but let me reiterate:

"You actually have to make a point and generally back that up with logic, knowledge, etc."

Now, personally, I'm happy to hear that you worked your way up out of the trenches (maybe even literally). Also, being a Marine veteran myself I'm happy to hear that you joined the select few who really put their ass on the line and serve the country.

However, the point still stands that an anecdotal story for you doesn't mean much when talking about the diverse population of America in general. If your point is that we shouldn't raise minimal wages, exactly WHY are you saying that? Because you once made a minimum wage? Okay...that means nothing. Maybe you are saying that everybody making a minimum wage can work their way out of it. That would mean you would have to change the entire job structure of America however (you can't honestly say that you think that there are enough higher paying jobs out there to support all the individuals making minimum wage now to move into them).
I'm not even certain why you are fighting this so much. Generally speaking the people who most commonly shop at the places that have minimum wage jobs (like McDonald's, Wal-Mart, etc.) are the individuals who also work at a place like that. People who make higher wages tend to shop and higher end stores. So, if you actually made close to $100,000 you should be actively fighting FOR an increase in minimum wages (coupled with a decrease in welfare benefits). The reason is that you generally won't use the services provided by the lowest common denominator, but, being a tax payer, you are literally paying for their meal ticket. I'm really not sure why you would argue against such an obvious point.

I'll make the argument:

For one, a huge minimum wage increase would have a domino effect across the country. All wages would increase which means labor in the US would be much more expensive and cause more businesses to move overseas or make investments in automation to replace human beings. Because of the huge price increases, it would make online shopping more inviting which has an impact on mom and pop shops.

Next of course is it wouldn't solve anything. Only about 4% of our working population makes minimum wage. Therefore the only people we would most help are teenagers, college kids, and senior citizens who are just looking to keep busy during their retirement years.

Then there is the question if it would even help them. That's because even though they get a wage increase, everything they buy would be much more expensive as well. If I get a wage increase and now bring home $200.00 a month more than I did before, but my shopping bill for the month went up $200.00 a month more, how am I ahead?
Of course, labor costs are 20% or less of final prices, so you're just parroting the usual dupe bs...

They will still be 20% of the final prices but the final price will increase.

By George, I think you're finally learning something there Frankfart.

CB-LEI-since-2000.png

And here come the "charts" that are supposed to make us believe that our collective wallets aren't empty. The left never fails us.

Or to con people into believing that any slightest good they can point to is the work of DumBama and not the Republicans in Congress or Senate. They can never state how he accomplished those great things, but he was President at the time so he must get credit.

On the minimum wage deal, the most obvious solution would be to reduce welfare benefits and increase minimal wages.

I don't think anybody can argue that they would rather have the choice of paying for somebody's meal by buying the goods that they help create or serve rather than being forced to pay for them through a tax system. A reduction in welfare benefits would also help to reduce incentive to remain in lower paying jobs, which some people do.

You know, it never ceases to amaze me. I started working at 14 - BEFORE there was even a minimum wage. I made .60 per hour washing dishes in a Holiday Inn. The funniest damn thing about that Job, though. I NEVER looked at that job as a "gateway" to raise a family on - quite the opposite. I figured out, quite quickly, that only suckers work for minimum wage. That was the first and ONLY time I EVER worked for a "minimum" wage - before there was a minimum wage.

Seriously, the ONLY people I'm aware of that are DEMANDING more money are illegals that work fast food, and that's about it. Hell, learn the language, go to trade school and tell the mi I mum wage to kiss your ass.
BS. How bout some training programs for tech jobs and cheap loans for education like we had before Reaganism, and especially the mindless racist New BS GOP of today?

You mean we don't have that now?

What happened when DumBama took over the student loan program? I thought that was supposed to fix everything?
Blocked by the mindless GOP duh...

Repeating a lie often enough won't make it truth. Here, learn something:

Feds take over student loan program from banks

CB-LEI-since-2000.png

And here come the "charts" that are supposed to make us believe that our collective wallets aren't empty. The left never fails us.

Or to con people into believing that any slightest good they can point to is the work of DumBama and not the Republicans in Congress or Senate. They can never state how he accomplished those great things, but he was President at the time so he must get credit.

The OP says nothing about Obama

Only the last eight years

Sorry Ray From Cleveland for what I said about you being a rotten person. That was mean and I apologize. I am VERY passionate about my political views and would fight, I mean literally FIGHT for them, so yeah. That's what that's all about. :D

Not a problem, I've dealt with worse. I can stay mad at a pretty face for only so long anyway. :up:

Forum List

Back