Well , he signed the NDAA

I can't help but notice neither Republican or Democrat are stating that they like this new Law. So how did it become the Law of the Land? Sadly,the answer to that question is probably too disturbing for most Americans to contemplate.

I can't help but notice neither Republican or Democrat are stating that they like this new Law. So how did it become the Law of the Land? Sadly,the answer to that question is probably too disturbing for most Americans to contemplate.

The answer is easy, because neither party in washington gives a rat's ass what the american people think. They know that the idiotic masses will vote for them anyway. All they have to do is put on a little political theater reminding their supporters how much they hate the other party, and then they can pass whatever the fuck they want knowing they'll still be voted right back into power.

It's one of those unfortunate backlash things against the courts and bleeding hearts who wanted to give non citizen terrorists full rights and protection under U.S. law rather than have the military handle it as has always been previous case in our national history. Obama, some of his appointees, and some of the Democrats are fully culpable in that.

So now we have it all blurred and mixed together with some unfortunate results such as a rather ambiguous piece of legislation that attempted to deal with it. Good intentions creating potential for unpleasant unintended consequences and all that.

Listening to some of the comments of both Republicans and Democrats who voted for this, they are aware of the threat to U.S. citizens and possible abuses. But, like we had with the Patriot Act, they saw the necessity to provide the common defense as more imperative than the protections. So, they voted for the legislation with the realization that very strong and dedicated Congressional oversight would be necessary to identify, intercept, and reverse any abuses related to it.

It's a combination of boomer generation war lust, and a staggering amount of fear that they might actually lose control of their sheep. I'd be scared too if I was in their position. There is a point when their plastic world is going to melt and it won't be pretty.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=807B5gZH_-c&feature=related"]Posse Comitatus Act Abolished Troops Are Comming Home pt1[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18-HG-nLDzQ"]Posse Comitatus Act Abolished Troops Are Comming Home pt2[/ame]

Having more than 7 days worth of food in your home and you can be deemed a terrorist. Having more than one gun with a little bit of ammo you can be deemed a terrorist.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqepk2oK0P8&feature=player_embedded]ATTENTION PREPPERS Having More Than 7 Days Of Food Makes You A Suspected Terrorist.avi - YouTube[/ame]
Who the fuck are these idiots that supported this god damn bill?

Oh for Christ's sake. It must really suck to live in fear.
I can't imagine having my head stuffed up anyone's ass as much as you do with your Boiking.

If the prez signing off on this had an (R) by his name, you would've been shitting yourself nonstop for the last few weeks.

hey, we only lived in fear when Boooooooooosh was president. now? a few unicorns show up and its all jake;)

This was the last legislative action to amend section 1031
It was voted on 12/01/11
AMENDMENT PURPOSE:
To limit the authority of the Armed Forces to detain citizens of the United States under section 1031.
U.S. Senate: Legislation & Records Home > Votes > Roll Call Vote

The Bill that obama signed was this one and here is section 1031
S.1867

National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2012 (Placed on Calendar Senate - PCS)
Subtitle D--Detainee Matters

SEC. 1031. AFFIRMATION OF AUTHORITY OF THE ARMED FORCES OF THE UNITED STATES TO DETAIN COVERED PERSONS PURSUANT TO THE AUTHORIZATION FOR USE OF MILITARY FORCE.

(a) In General- Congress affirms that the authority of the President to use all necessary and appropriate force pursuant to the Authorization for Use of Military Force (Public Law 107-40) includes the authority for the Armed Forces of the United States to detain covered persons (as defined in subsection (b)) pending disposition under the law of war.
(b) Covered Persons- A covered person under this section is any person as follows:
(1) A person who planned, authorized, committed, or aided the terrorist attacks that occurred on September 11, 2001, or harbored those responsible for those attacks.
(2) A person who was a part of or substantially supported al-Qaeda, the Taliban, or associated forces that are engaged in hostilities against the United States or its coalition partners, including any person who has committed a belligerent act or has directly supported such hostilities in aid of such enemy forces.
(c) Disposition Under Law of War- The disposition of a person under the law of war as described in subsection (a) may include the following:
(1) Detention under the law of war without trial until the end of the hostilities authorized by the Authorization for Use of Military Force.
(2) Trial under chapter 47A of title 10, United States Code (as amended by the Military Commissions Act of 2009 (title XVIII of Public Law 111-84)).
(3) Transfer for trial by an alternative court or competent tribunal having lawful jurisdiction.
(4) Transfer to the custody or control of the person's country of origin, any other foreign country, or any other foreign entity.
(d) Construction- Nothing in this section is intended to limit or expand the authority of the President or the scope of the Authorization for Use of Military Force.
(e) Requirement for Briefings of Congress- The Secretary of Defense shall regularly brief Congress regarding the application of the authority described in this section, including the organizations, entities, and individuals considered to be `covered persons' for purposes of subsection (b)(2).
Bill Text - 112th Congress (2011-2012) - THOMAS (Library of Congress)

Reggie is dead on target.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_-vKmKGYpM&feature=g-u&context=G2b72531FUAAAAAAAAAA]Obama Signs NDAA!!! - YouTube[/ame]

Like I said before somewhere else:"One a these days the People are gonna get fed Completely Up and then the Shit is gonna hit the Fan,and when it does,I'm gonna be right out there In Front!!...well,maybe a little bit off to one side..."

Have any of the republican candidates come out in opposition to this besides Paul?

What's all this complaining about? I'm very disappointed in some of my fellow Citizens. They're still not getting it.. Look it's real simple,Big Brother has to take your rights in order to protect your rights. You get it? And he has promised to give your rights back to you just as soon as his indefinite 'War on Terror' is over. He knows what's best for you. Big Brother loves you. So just STFU and quit complaining. :)

What do you think about this?

I think there are people on this forum that still believe that it's acceptable to crush liberty and shit on the law of the land as long as their guy is doing it, for surely their guy is good and has the magic beans necessary to act righteously. I think that applies to many Liberals and Conservatives alike. I do not think it applies to any true Libertarians.

Forum List

Back