Well Now Isn't This Just Too Convenient?

Just another case of Obama being smarter than the average politician.

These people don't need politicians wasting resources at a time like this.

Are you kidding? This is a continuation of the Obama Doctrine. "I'm not going to disaster areas where white people are dying." He didn't go to Kentucky so why would he go to North Dakota. Outside of being one of the 57 states in the Union, he probably didn't know where it was.

Face it, we know that the TOTUS is smart but we don't know that Obama is smart.

Interesting fact...there are 57 Islamic states in the world.....can anyone say "closet muslim"?

How many were there during the clinton years? My point is if Clinton had overthrown saddam instead of putting sanctions on the country, there could have been fewer deaths.
actually, no one cared at that time

there was no iraq body count website

and i dont fault Clinton for not finishing it so much as i do GHW Bush for not finishing it

interesting how there was no body count website then but there is now.

It was Bush SR who went to war against Iraq in the first place and it was he who went against his commander's advice and decided to let Saddam stay in power after we won. Blaming that on Clinton is rather lame...no worries, there are plenty of other things we can blame on Clinton.

and i dont fault Clinton for not finishing it so much as i do GHW Bush for not finishing it

It was Bush SR who went to war against Iraq in the first place and it was he who went against his commander's advice and decided to let Saddam stay in power after we won. Blaming that on Clinton is rather lame...no worries, there are plenty of other things we can blame on Clinton.
Actually he Bush SR just kept the US word to the UN that it was to get Iraq out of Kuwait, not a larger war. Probably should have been larger, but we would have had to go it much more alone, without such a large coalition. Truth is, Saddam's threats back then were more meaningful, still seems like gas was used on our troops.

Actually he Bush SR just kept the US word to the UN that it was to get Iraq out of Kuwait, not a larger war. Probably should have been larger, but we would have had to go it much more alone, without such a large coalition. Truth is, Saddam's threats back then were more meaningful, still seems like gas was used on our troops.

Okay, I once again sit corrected. The point is that his commander's recommended taking out Saddam as part of the peace settlement, Bush Sr refused. Bush Sr's biggest mistake was not taking out Saddam and Bush Jr's biggest mistake was taking out Saddam.

The is a time for everything, the time was when Bush Sr was in charge and we'd gotten Iraq out of Kuwait, not after 9/11 when most of the hijackers were from Saudi Arabia and we were already in Afghanistan. How many wars did Bush Jr think we could handle? Meanwhile, we patrol Iraq's borders and ours are wide open.

Okay, I once again sit corrected. The point is that his commander's recommended taking out Saddam as part of the peace settlement, Bush Sr refused. Bush Sr's biggest mistake was not taking out Saddam and Bush Jr's biggest mistake was taking out Saddam.

The is a time for everything, the time was when Bush Sr was in charge and we'd gotten Iraq out of Kuwait, not after 9/11 when most of the hijackers were from Saudi Arabia and we were already in Afghanistan. How many wars did Bush Jr think we could handle? Meanwhile, we patrol Iraq's borders and ours are wide open.

That's just it, he'd agreed to no 'regime change' and kept his word. My opinion, it was a mistake.

Actually, I just had this rant on another thread. Colin Powell gets the FU award for that one. He's the one that advise HW to stop. Granted, it was HW's decision, but if Powell had just STFU, we wouldn't have been out 4,000 lives and hundreds of billions of dollars.

If the ground war had continued 1-2 more days there wouldn't have been enough Republican Guards left to do jack shit. The subsequent Shiite uprising would have worked and we would have been a hell of a lot more popular with the average Iraqi than we are now.

That's just it, he'd agreed to no 'regime change' and kept his word. My opinion, it was a mistake.
it WAS

a HUGE one
and then not backing up the Kurds and Shi'ites when they were doing what he asked them to do was near criminal, on the level with JFK and the bay of pigs

Actually, I just had this rant on another thread. Colin Powell gets the FU award for that one. He's the one that advise HW to stop. Granted, it was HW's decision, but if Powell had just STFU, we wouldn't have been out 4,000 lives and hundreds of billions of dollars.

If the ground war had continued 1-2 more days there wouldn't have been enough Republican Guards left to do jack shit. The subsequent Shiite uprising would have worked and we would have been a hell of a lot more popular with the average Iraqi than we are now.
it wasnt just the shi'ites, the Kurds did too
and GHW had encouraged them to revolts with promises of support

Forum List

Back