Well this must have sucked...

JGalt

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2011
It probably happened last night, right up the hwy from me. I didn't hear any sirens last night but saw it on the way to get some cigarettes, a few minutes ago. Apparently this combine sitting in a soybean field caught on fire and burned up. Hope they had insurance.

burned up1.jpg

burned up2.jpg

burned up3.jpg

We had one around here, just caught fire somehow and burned up.

We had one around here, just caught fire somehow and burned up.

Must have been what they call an "undocumented feature."
Good selling point for whatever company manufactured it, 'cause it doubles as a furnace.

:auiqs.jpg:

I wonder what the odds are on one of those propane weed burners? I mean I had flames coming out of my propane grills in bad places like around hoses and even the connector, but I've always been able to shut off the gas to the flame. LOL

I guess I could always run away like that guy did.

One of the farming youtubers I watch showed one live burning to the ground.
He said thats why it's important not to let the chafe build up in the nooks and crannies and they blow off their machines after every use.
Those things go for a half million bucks for the big ones!!!

It probably happened last night, right up the hwy from me. I didn't hear any sirens last night but saw it on the way to get some cigarettes, a few minutes ago. Apparently this combine sitting in a soybean field caught on fire and burned up. Hope they had insurance.

View attachment 400610

View attachment 400611

View attachment 400612

Odd that it was in the middle of a bare field where it wouldn't catch anything else on fire. I've seen equipment catch on fire before. Seems that the insurance papers rub against the late bank payment and friction causes a fire that burns the equipment to the ground.

Forum List

Back