🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Well well look who has the most high paying factory jobs..the south

Check this out:

http://www.bizjournals.com/louisville/news/2014/01/30/ford-to-invest-80-million-in-kentucky.html

Ford Motor Co. is continuing it substantial investment and longtime presence in Louisville with an $80 million expansion of its Kentucky Truck Plant.

Those funds will be used for automation upgrades in its paint shop, new welding robots and steel press automation, the company announced during a news conference this morning.

----------------------------------
Automated Paint Shop?
New welding robots?
Steel press automation?

All that automation. Think it leads to new jobs? You think they will have a welder and a welding robot side by side?

Check this out...

Fade To Black The 1980s vision of "lights-out" manufacturing, where robots do all the work, is a dream no more.
By Christopher Null and Brian Caulfield
June 1, 2003
(Business 2.0) – It's been two decades since Roger Smith explained how robots--so reliable they could bolt up a transmission in the dark--would make General Motors as efficient as its rivals in Japan. But Smith's infatuation with so-called lights-out manufacturing quickly went the way of the Chevy Chevette; GM couldn't get its machines to work properly, even with the lights on. The paint robots often wound up painting themselves.
I can't believe you are trying to pass off an article from 14 years ago.

Here, try this:

Chevrolet Corvette Plant Gets $439 Million in Upgrades – National Corvette Museum

Along with new tooling and robots, the paint shop’s state-of-the-art environmental and efficiency enhancements include:

• Dry Scrubber Booth Technology with Limestone Handling System designed to eliminate sludge water and waste
  • Light-emitting diode, or LED, lighting for process decks for improved visual inspection as well as energy savings
  • State-of-the-art FANUC robots with Versa-bell 3 electrostatic applicators for an extremely smooth finish and maximum transfer efficiency, saving 25 percent of the paint material used, which also benefits the environment
  • Longer, high-efficiency baking ovens for exceptional paint finish and lower energy use.
“With this major technology investment, we can continue to exceed the expectations of sports car buyers for years to come,” said North American Manufacturing Manager Arvin Jones. “These types of investments are evidence that the customer is at the center of every decision we make.”

-----------------------------
Check this one out:

GM to Invest $148 Million in Engine Building in Tennessee

The Spring Hill plant, located 40 miles south of Nashville, employs approximately 2,400 people. The investment will retain the jobs of 200 of those workers, GM is saying.

Wow, a whole 200 out of 2,400. Thanks automation.

Lose your factory job? You have robots — not trade policy — to blame – The Denver Post

“We’re making more with fewer people,” says Howard Shatz, a senior economist at the Rand Corp. think tank.

General Motors, for instance, now employs barely a third of the 600,000 workers it had in the 1970s. Yet it churns out more cars and trucks than ever.

Since 1997, the United States has lost 265,000 jobs in the production of primary metals — a 42 percent plunge — at a time when such production in the U.S. has surged 38 percent.

When products are replaced or updated, robots can be reprogrammed far faster and more easily than people can be retrained.

Owning and operating a robotic spot welder cost an average $182,000 in 2005 and $133,000 in 2014 and will likely run $103,000 by 2025, Boston Consulting says. Robots will shrink labor costs 22 percent in the United States, 25 percent in Japan and 33 percent in South Korea, the firm estimates.

---------------------------------------------

Face it. Manufacturing is being automated. Even coal mining. If it's something people can do again and again, it can be automated.

Owning and operating a robotic spot welder cost an average $182,000 in 2005 and $133,000 in 2014 and will likely run $103,000 by 2025, Boston Consulting says. Robots will shrink labor costs 22 percent in the United States, 25 percent in Japan and 33 percent in South Korea, the firm estimates.

Read your own thread out has nothing with Trump not being able to bring in manufacturing jobs that were outsourced... It all still take years for prices to come down and small manufacturing companies can still compete with labor..
Read the Denver Post link. Only 13% of the jobs under discussion moved overseas. The rest were automated. Get it?
Even some of those 13% are being automated.

And if you have a company doing manufacturing and can't afford a $150,000 piece of equipment then they aren't doing manufacturing. They are doing assembly or service or something, but not manufacturing.

You don't know about injection molding..

Plastics..

The machines.$ 50,000 ~ a million

The molds $10,000 ~ a million
A piece

The support equipment... Dryers, grinders thermolators.. $30,000

Been doing it 30 years... Just like die cast..

Look around your house what your using.. Sometimes it's just cheaper to use a operator..

Liberals in the south. Because most of them are educated.

Manufacturing plants use just in time.. One machine might be switched over 15 times a week.. E. O. A. T on the robots have to be changed.. Hell try even finding them...

Molds got to be changed.. Robotics and automation is only good for long running plastic jobs.

They have like 3 different styles.. The powder metal which you have to hand fill the air pockets with bronze then cure in a dryer.

That's the one in your video

All the way up to the good ones that use a laser to melt the gold, titanium or whatever..
At the end of the video, they said they took it for a 500 round test.

Here is the second video.

3D Printed Metal Gun 500 Round Endurance Test

Yea I know I was just fucking with you I didn't know metal 3d printing was getting that good till I just read about it.

Check this out...

Fade To Black The 1980s vision of "lights-out" manufacturing, where robots do all the work, is a dream no more.
By Christopher Null and Brian Caulfield
June 1, 2003
(Business 2.0) – It's been two decades since Roger Smith explained how robots--so reliable they could bolt up a transmission in the dark--would make General Motors as efficient as its rivals in Japan. But Smith's infatuation with so-called lights-out manufacturing quickly went the way of the Chevy Chevette; GM couldn't get its machines to work properly, even with the lights on. The paint robots often wound up painting themselves.

Here, try this:

Chevrolet Corvette Plant Gets $439 Million in Upgrades – National Corvette Museum

Along with new tooling and robots, the paint shop’s state-of-the-art environmental and efficiency enhancements include:

• Dry Scrubber Booth Technology with Limestone Handling System designed to eliminate sludge water and waste
  • Light-emitting diode, or LED, lighting for process decks for improved visual inspection as well as energy savings
  • State-of-the-art FANUC robots with Versa-bell 3 electrostatic applicators for an extremely smooth finish and maximum transfer efficiency, saving 25 percent of the paint material used, which also benefits the environment
  • Longer, high-efficiency baking ovens for exceptional paint finish and lower energy use.
“With this major technology investment, we can continue to exceed the expectations of sports car buyers for years to come,” said North American Manufacturing Manager Arvin Jones. “These types of investments are evidence that the customer is at the center of every decision we make.”

Check this one out:

The Spring Hill plant, located 40 miles south of Nashville, employs approximately 2,400 people. The investment will retain the jobs of 200 of those workers, GM is saying.

Lose your factory job? You have robots — not trade policy — to blame – The Denver Post

“We’re making more with fewer people,” says Howard Shatz, a senior economist at the Rand Corp. think tank.

General Motors, for instance, now employs barely a third of the 600,000 workers it had in the 1970s. Yet it churns out more cars and trucks than ever.

Since 1997, the United States has lost 265,000 jobs in the production of primary metals — a 42 percent plunge — at a time when such production in the U.S. has surged 38 percent.

When products are replaced or updated, robots can be reprogrammed far faster and more easily than people can be retrained.

Face it. Manufacturing is being automated. Even coal mining. If it's something people can do again and again, it can be automated.

Read your own thread out has nothing with Trump not being able to bring in manufacturing jobs that were outsourced... It all still take years for prices to come down and small manufacturing companies can still compete with labor..
Read the Denver Post link. Only 13% of the jobs under discussion moved overseas. The rest were automated. Get it?

And if you have a company doing manufacturing and can't afford a $150,000 piece of equipment then they aren't doing manufacturing. They are doing assembly or service or something, but not manufacturing.

Plastics..

A piece

Look around your house what your using.. Sometimes it's just cheaper to use a operator..

It depends on how big the run. I worked at a company that shared a building with a machining company. They made everything from railroad ties to parts for precision medical equipment. The big room had about two dozen CNC machines. The smaller room had a bunch of manual machines. Like lathes, presses and drills. There were only two guys working in the manual room and they generally handled runs of 25 pieces or less.

I didn't work for that company, but they made parts for projects I was working on.

They have like 3 different styles.. The powder metal which you have to hand fill the air pockets with bronze then cure in a dryer.

All the way up to the good ones that use a laser to melt the gold, titanium or whatever..

Yea I know I was just fucking with you I didn't know metal 3d printing was getting that good till I just read about it.

I saw a special about the space station and they had a 3d printer and material was shipped in and they printed out specialty tools they needed for their work. They even made a huge wrench for bolt heads about 2 inches across.

Here, try this:

Check this one out:

Plastics..

A piece

It depends on how big the run. I worked at a company that shared a building with a machining company. They made everything from railroad ties to parts for precision medical equipment. The big room had about two dozen CNC machines. The smaller room had a bunch of manual machines. Like lathes, presses and drills. There were only two guys working in the manual room and they generally handled runs of 25 pieces or less.

I didn't work for that company, but they made parts for projects I was working on.

Machining is different they die cast..die cast is like injection molding.

Like you said and I said it depends on the runs..

A lot of small company's exist.. They have some pick and place robots, 3 axis robots..

But mostly the robot puts it on a conveyor and gives to the operator.

And Like I said most manufacturing plants use"just in time"

I hate it, the longer the runs the better..

I saw a special about the space station and they had a 3d printer and material was shipped in and they printed out specialty tools they needed for their work. They even made a huge wrench for bolt heads about 2 inches across.

Damn that was a brilliant idea.

Plastics..

A piece

Machining is different they die cast..die cast is like injection molding.

Like you said and I said it depends on the runs..

A lot of small company's exist.. They have some pick and place robots, 3 axis robots..

But mostly the robot puts it on a conveyor and gives to the operator.

And Like I said most manufacturing plants use"just in time"

I hate it, the longer the runs the better..

To give you an idea, this is a similar husky battleaxe piece of crap molding machine I had to always fix.

Forum List

Back