Well? What did you have for dinner tonight??

Attachments

• $birthdayboop.jpg
    $birthdayboop.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 15
This weekend, I am going to be making stuffed peppers. I love cooking when I have time. It soothes me :cool:

What do you stuff the peppers with? I love stuffed bell peppers (with a mixture of rice/meat).

My MIL made those things. They have no allure for me. I like to slice red peppers long ways and fill them with a salty meat like country ham precooked, chopped tomatoes, onion, with a little garlic mixed. Salt and pepper and pour olive oil over. Bake at 350 until the veggies are tender.

This weekend, I am going to be making stuffed peppers. I love cooking when I have time. It soothes me :cool:

What do you stuff the peppers with? I love stuffed bell peppers (with a mixture of rice/meat).

I use ground round and italian sausage, and rice, and of course garlic onions in the mix, pepper, lots of black pepper
On top I lay pork chops, sauerkraut, cabbage, slices of onions all swimming in my homemade tomato sauce.

We had basmati rice with bean cakes from a recipe my wife picked up in Burkina Faso... Yummy!

I use ground round and italian sausage, and rice, and of course garlic onions in the mix, pepper, lots of black pepper
On top I lay pork chops, sauerkraut, cabbage, slices of onions all swimming in my homemade tomato sauce.

Hmmm, Italian sausage.....I love it in spaghetti sauce, I'll have to try it in the bell peppers.
Do you boil your peppers first? It seems like a lot of extra work, but otherwise they don't seem to get as tender unless you bake them to death. Wish there was some other way.

Forum List

Back