Well? What did you have for dinner tonight??

This weekend, I am going to be making stuffed peppers. I love cooking when I have time. It soothes me :cool:

What do you stuff the peppers with? I love stuffed bell peppers (with a mixture of rice/meat).

My MIL made those things. They have no allure for me. I like to slice red peppers long ways and fill them with a salty meat like country ham precooked, chopped tomatoes, onion, with a little garlic mixed. Salt and pepper and pour olive oil over. Bake at 350 until the veggies are tender.

So then they cook through, the peppers do?

Cuz I'm in with Mertex. The boiling bit is just another pan to clean.

What do you stuff the peppers with? I love stuffed bell peppers (with a mixture of rice/meat).

My MIL made those things. They have no allure for me. I like to slice red peppers long ways and fill them with a salty meat like country ham precooked, chopped tomatoes, onion, with a little garlic mixed. Salt and pepper and pour olive oil over. Bake at 350 until the veggies are tender.

So then they cook through, the peppers do?

Cuz I'm in with Mertex. The boiling bit is just another pan to clean.

They do. You can put a tad of water in the bottom of the pan for steam if you like, or if you use canned tomatoes water down the juice and put in the bottom of the pan. I don't always put any liquid. And they do cook. It takes about 30 minutes give or take a few. I cook at 350, 400 if I am impatient. You just cook them until they are as done as you want. Some people like veggies soft others like them crunchy. Just make sure the salty ham is precooked if you don't want your veggies soft, although it is cut up small and should cook in 30 minutes. Some people use anchovies. But the key is to use something salty. I always put the salty meat in the small end, then the onions, then the tomatoes. I don't mix them together. They are side by side. And I never use green peppers. Always red. Then sprinkle the garlic over it all and pour on a small amount of olive oil. I've been cooking these for years. The only time they didn't come out well was when I used meat that wasn't salty, just plain smoked ham. I am allergic to fish, so I can't eat anchovies. I believe the original recipe called for anchovies and I had to come up with a suitable substitute. I've always loved country ham. It seemed like a good substitute.

Last edited:
I'm having fajitas and chicken mole - (that's not mole like in furry animal), but "molay" pronounced like in 'Ole - the cheer for toros.

We're going to a progressive dinner with our Biker group - we ride to one house for "horses douvers" and drinks - okay (Hor d'ourves) - then we ride to the next house for dinner, and finally the third place for dessert. It should be fun!

The garlic and lemon marinated pork was really good. So was the soup. I have 2 individual servings of the pork in the freezer for another day and enough in the fridge for tomorrow. Cooking for one is not my forte. So, I like to freeze entrees for the future. The soup is in the fridge. Not sure how much I'll use tomorrow, so will wait and see if there is any to freeze. I'm sure there will be one bowl.

Last night my daughter spent the night with some friends (one of the Indian Ed teachers allows a couple of the girls to come to her house during the week when their moms are working or not going to be home, and when they do sometimes they invited my girl too) so it was just me and the boy...SOOOOO...

We had (for us) late night Chinese food at about 8:30 at night. It was super yummy.

Barbecue pork, pork fried rice, egg foo yung (I know the spelling is weird)....shrimp, tea, spring rolls, sweet & sour...all the deep fried stuff, lol, and it was delish...

Tonight, I dunno. I'm picking up our turkey...I might make something like Mac n cheese for the kids. They eat before I bring them home, so they aren't usually hungry for a real meal, but they eat early and pretty light, so usually before bedtime they want something to nosh on...

I had a large salad (remember the 'big' salad Elaine was always ordering on Seinfield?) with cucumbers, tomatoes, Jordian olives, carrots, and non-fat Ranch dressing. And a little aged, white cheddar cheese. Something lighter after all the feasting and 2nd and 3rd days of left overs.

email_ms_big-salad.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back