Well? What did you have for dinner tonight??

I like your style! Middle Eastern food is hard to come around I am lucky I found a place here that serves it, I'll be moving to Richmond in a few weeks so I'll have to find one there.

My favorite middle eastern food are beef shawarma tabbouleh and houmus..
This is THE best little deli ever. It is famous. I have been eating my favs here for years. It is very crowded. In fact I may just make a trip there today

Shawarmas at this place rock!! | Yelp

ME food is a dime a dozen here. But the above deli, is THE bestest ever :D

You are lucky, in alot of places in the US finding a good ME place to eat is like finding a needle in a haystack.

Thays what I like about being back in Houston. This place is a foodies paradice.

My favorite middle eastern food are beef shawarma tabbouleh and houmus..
This is THE best little deli ever. It is famous. I have been eating my favs here for years. It is very crowded. In fact I may just make a trip there today

Shawarmas at this place rock!! | Yelp

ME food is a dime a dozen here. But the above deli, is THE bestest ever :D

You are lucky, in alot of places in the US finding a good ME place to eat is like finding a needle in a haystack.

Thays what I like about being back in Houston. This place is a foodies paradice.

Oh it is, I visited a friend of mine there a few years ago they have everything you can ask for. Outstanding night life and smoking hot women too if thats your bag.

Well, there's Tex-Mex, and then there's Baja Mexican. Over by the Pacific Coast, Mexican cuisine is more likely to have seafood in it than cow or chicken or pork. A lot of people don't realize what a variety of cuisines the different areas of Mexico have. Mexico City's food is QUITE different from what you find up near the border.

We have to remember that all the GREAT Mexican food came out of California - both sides of the border.

The Burrito was first sold in La Puente - in the 1930's. While stuff put in a Tortilla was common - known as a taco, the rolled treat we have today was right out of Cali. And the bounty of Cardinis, inventor of Caesar Salad, out of Tijuana. Caesar Cardini - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And Carlos O'Brien - Originator of Enchiladas and Fajitas, again Tijuana - and still going strong in the USA as a chain. El Pollo Loco, while not unique, changed chicken, again out of Tijuana. Senior Frogs - Ensenada, Baja CA. Papas and Beer, Tijuana. Both of these are national chains in Mexico.

Tex-Mex ain't Mexican food.

BUT to our everlasting shame, Taco Bell, out of Sacramento CA...

Great meal! That is one of my favorite Middle Eastern dishes. My favorite is shish kebab (grilled tenderloin meat on a stick). However, when I want loose meat, I go for the chicken shawarma. Either meal goes great with Tabbouleh salad and rice and/or fried potatoes.

I don't get the opportunity to have Middle Eastern food that often. When I do though I can't decide between the hummus sauce or the garlic sauce, so I always wind up ordering both.

I like your style! Middle Eastern food is hard to come around I am lucky I found a place here that serves it, I'll be moving to Richmond in a few weeks so I'll have to find one there.
Same here, I wish I had a place near my home so I could go more often. I was fortunate one time when I lived in Phoenix, I had a great Middle Eastern restaurant literally walking distance from my home (called Haji Baba). I was there several times per week.

I swear, I could just order a huge plate of baba ganoush and flatbread, and be good for dinner.

I've only had fish tacos from Del Taco in California, they were horrible. Until I got to California I had no idea people even made fish tacos.

I've never had Del Taco fish tacos. I'm surprised they were bad though, since Del Taco is usually pretty good. :dunno:

But two places have REALLY good fish tacos; Rubios and Baja Fresh.

Of course I was in Mazatlan last month, and my wife caught a Dorado (Mahi Mahi) which the resort used to make tempura battered fish tacos - NOTHING compares to that!

I've only had fish tacos from Del Taco in California, they were horrible. Until I got to California I had no idea people even made fish tacos.

I've never had Del Taco fish tacos. I'm surprised they were bad though, since Del Taco is usually pretty good. :dunno:

But two places have REALLY good fish tacos; Rubios and Baja Fresh.

Of course I was in Mazatlan last month, and my wife caught a Dorado (Mahi Mahi) which the resort used to make tempura battered fish tacos - NOTHING compares to that!

It was probably the location it was a Del Taco in this shit hole called Santa Maria outside of Vandenberg AFB, it was terrible. Where I grew up in the midwest they don't really have fish tacos but I am willing to give it a second try, maybe I will do some home made?

Tuesday means fish tacos from Rubios.

I've been to Del Taco lots of times, but I usually have the chicken burrito there. It's quite good. I never noticed fish tacos on the menu, I guess I'm lucky that I didn't. Unlike Taco Bell, you could actually have fries with your burrito combo at Del Taco.

Tuesday means fish tacos from Rubios.

I've been to Del Taco lots of times, but I usually have the chicken burrito there. It's quite good. I never noticed fish tacos on the menu, I guess I'm lucky that I didn't. Unlike Taco Bell, you could actually have fries with your burrito combo at Del Taco.

I went through Del Taco a few times after drinking at night for Cheeseburgers those were good lol.

Plus Del Taco makes their food from quaint things like chicken, beef, beans, and cheese. Taco Bell has the more advance polycarbonatedcrapalicious monosaturated soy infused styrene bromide based fillings.... AND remember, if you don't finish a Taco Bell meal, don't throw it in the trash, it IS considered hazardous waste....

Plus Del Taco makes their food from quaint things like chicken, beef, beans, and cheese. Taco Bell has the more advance polycarbonatedcrapalicious monosaturated soy infused styrene bromide based fillings.... AND remember, if you don't finish a Taco Bell meal, don't throw it in the trash, it IS considered hazardous waste....
I agree. I really only go for the soft shell steak tacos when at Taco Bell. They are somewhat decent.

Its a shame I used to enjoy the chicken fajitas from Taco Bell when I was little. Now, I wouldn't go near that place.

Spaghetti with sauteed red bell peppers, zucchini, garlic in a sweet pepper/garlic/marinara combo sauce. It 'twas delish!!!

Its a shame I used to enjoy the chicken fajitas from Taco Bell when I was little. Now, I wouldn't go near that place.

I like to make my own tacos, tostados, enchiladas, burritos, etc. Fresh ingredients and made the way I like them. I also like vegetarian refried beans put in a casserole dish with shredded cheese on top and heated in the oven. I make my own homemade salsa, fresh and crunchy, very nice. It's a recipe from a vegetarian cookbook someone gave me a long time ago. BTW, this kind of food is good to help prevent heart disease because of the fiber and peppers. I read that Mexican men have a lower rate of heart disease than Americans. It's the beans, peppers, corn tortillas, and avocado in guacamole. Just don't over do the cheese, sour cream, beef, and refined flour tortillas.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back