Well? What did you have for dinner tonight??

This was my last night to have to entertain guests, so I went all out, made enchiladas, spanish rice and beans........little wine and it was all delish.......

I still had to fix breakfast for them - and then they were all gone.....Awwwww freedom!
I made pancakes.....with bananas and pecans...they were very good.

We went out for sushi last night...and at this point, I am totally fooded out.

I just want water, vegetables, and lean protein for a few days to detox.

Fish pie.

Er, I don't mean to be ugly, but, it sounds - ewwwww!

I used to think the same thing about fish tacos.

:eusa_shifty:

Funny, we were just talking about that last night. We were talking about Mexican food and my son said his favorite was "fish tacos"! - Having been around Texas most of my life and probably to every Mexican restaurant in the area, I had never heard of "fish tacos" being on the menu - but apparently it's a very popular choice now, and according to him, really good. I'm going to have to try them someday.....

Er, I don't mean to be ugly, but, it sounds - ewwwww!

Funny, we were just talking about that last night. We were talking about Mexican food and my son said his favorite was "fish tacos"! - Having been around Texas most of my life and probably to every Mexican restaurant in the area, I had never heard of "fish tacos" being on the menu - but apparently it's a very popular choice now, and according to him, really good. I'm going to have to try them someday.....

Well, there's Tex-Mex, and then there's Baja Mexican. Over by the Pacific Coast, Mexican cuisine is more likely to have seafood in it than cow or chicken or pork. A lot of people don't realize what a variety of cuisines the different areas of Mexico have. Mexico City's food is QUITE different from what you find up near the border.

Well, there's Tex-Mex, and then there's Baja Mexican. Over by the Pacific Coast, Mexican cuisine is more likely to have seafood in it than cow or chicken or pork. A lot of people don't realize what a variety of cuisines the different areas of Mexico have. Mexico City's food is QUITE different from what you find up near the border.

You're right....I think they first had them in Cancun or Cozumel, one of those vacation sites. I've been to Mexican border cities, Nuevo Laredo, Matamoros, Juarez amd Piedras Negras, and even there, the Mexican cuisine is different than the Tex-mex.....but I still hadn't ever noticed "fish" as a specialty. I've seen fish tacos in the menus of some Mexican restaurants lately, though..

Chicken shawarma, fries and hummus. It was worth the 30 minute wait in downtown traffic.
Great meal! That is one of my favorite Middle Eastern dishes. My favorite is shish kebab (grilled tenderloin meat on a stick). However, when I want loose meat, I go for the chicken shawarma. Either meal goes great with Tabbouleh salad and rice and/or fried potatoes.

I don't get the opportunity to have Middle Eastern food that often. When I do though I can't decide between the hummus sauce or the garlic sauce, so I always wind up ordering both.

Last edited:
I'm going to make Amberjack Provencale.

Hot turkey sandwich with turkey gravy, mashed potatoes, green beans and a glass of Pinot Grigio.

Last night Turkey and Broccoli in a cream sauce, Green Salad w/oil and vinegar; Friday Night sliced turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffed Anaheim Peppers, Cranberry Relish and Hominy.

A 20-Pound Turkey with lots of sides and pies for dessert made no sense.

Chicken shawarma, fries and hummus. It was worth the 30 minute wait in downtown traffic.
Great meal! That is one of my favorite Middle Eastern dishes. My favorite is shish kebab (grilled tenderloin meat on a stick). However, when I want loose meat, I go for the chicken shawarma. Either meal goes great with Tabbouleh salad and rice and/or fried potatoes.

I don't get the opportunity to have Middle Eastern food that often. When I do though I can't decide between the hummus sauce or the garlic sauce, so I always wind up ordering both.

I like your style! Middle Eastern food is hard to come around I am lucky I found a place here that serves it, I'll be moving to Richmond in a few weeks so I'll have to find one there.

I like your style! Middle Eastern food is hard to come around I am lucky I found a place here that serves it, I'll be moving to Richmond in a few weeks so I'll have to find one there.
Same here, I wish I had a place near my home so I could go more often. I was fortunate one time when I lived in Phoenix, I had a great Middle Eastern restaurant literally walking distance from my home (called Haji Baba). I was there several times per week.

My favorite middle eastern food are beef shawarma tabbouleh and houmus..
This is THE best little deli ever. It is famous. I have been eating my favs here for years. It is very crowded. In fact I may just make a trip there today

Shawarmas at this place rock!! | Yelp

ME food is a dime a dozen here. But the above deli, is THE bestest ever :D

Last edited:

Same here, I wish I had a place near my home so I could go more often. I was fortunate one time when I lived in Phoenix, I had a great Middle Eastern restaurant literally walking distance from my home (called Haji Baba). I was there several times per week.

I go to a place here called Makarios the chefs are from Lebanon and the food is spectacular, Middle Eastern places are really only in biggier cities, Persian restaurants are even harder to find. Believe it or not when I was stationed in Omaha Nebraska they had a awesome Persian place there, I haven't been able to find once since than.

My favorite middle eastern food are beef shawarma tabbouleh and houmus..
This is THE best little deli ever. It is famous. I have been eating my favs here for years. It is very crowded. In fact I may just make a trip there today

Shawarmas at this place rock!! | Yelp

ME food is a dime a dozen here. But the above deli, is THE bestest ever :D

You are lucky, in alot of places in the US finding a good ME place to eat is like finding a needle in a haystack.

Forum List

Back