Well? What did you have for dinner tonight??

I'm having Bar-b-que from Rudy's tonight. Our church is hosting over 300 families for dinner and Christmas celebration. They get dinner, 2 gifts for each child in the family, a coat for each member of the family, and sacks of groceries based on how many in their family.

We do it twice, but I only volunteered for the one in the evening. I can speak Spanish, so I am able to speak with the families....my hub is learning Spanish, so he has tagged along with me before, but he's feeling comfortable enough to host a family on his own. We'll see! :lol:

Anyway, we get brisket, sausage, potato salad, beans and bread. And cake for dessert.

Last night we just grazed. We were out of town for a long weekend, and were a tad fooded out after a few days of restaurant meals.

So, I sliced up some apples and cheese...mr. boe added some bread, salami and ham to his plate.

And when I weighed myself, I had no weight gain. I love it when I can party over the holidays without any extra pounds aftermath. It helps to avoid the carbs and sugar, seriously.

Grilled salmon, steamed broccoli and Gingerade Kombucha.

Pasta.

I sauteed' onions in extra virgin. Put in some fresh oregano. Then browned ground turkey. Used Italian crushed red pepper. Added tomato sauce, brought it to a boil. Added minced garlic and chopped parsley. I let it simmer for an hour and served it over whole grain linguini.

I'm going to go to my favorite supermarket, see what they have in the "manager's special" section of the meat aisle, and then whip up some sort of crockpot dish with whatever it is.

Had a cookout tonight, hamburgers (my favorite), and Dr. Pepper to wash it all down. No sides. I topped em just the way I like em, mustard, relish, catsup, onions and pickles. No salad or tomatoes in my hamburgers.

Forum List

Back