Well? What did you have for dinner tonight??

Last night I had a mini prime rib roast that I got in my Omaha beef package (Christmas present). I didn't even know such a thing existed...it's a very small roast, looks like a chunk of loin, or maybe backstrap...

Anyway, I'd never cooked one..in fact I've never cooked a big prime rib but once and it didn't come out great, some was overdone, some was raw...

But I cooked this one @ 325 just until it was still pink and juicy and it was AMAZING. We could cut it with our forks.

I had a big king,large fries and a large coke from Burger King :) (The sandwich wasnt very good (HARDILY ANY SAUCE))

Last edited:
We were in Phoenix all day yesterday, so dinner was Del Taco on the drive home. Sometimes, I just have a craving for really crappy Mexican food.

Yesterday I had Arby's. Quite a plummet from the Chef Mavro of the night before!

LAMB-TAPENADE-lo-res-214x119.jpg

http://www.chefmavro.com/

Last edited:
We were in Phoenix all day yesterday, so dinner was Del Taco on the drive home. Sometimes, I just have a craving for really crappy Mexican food.
Del Taco is not great but is better than Taco Bell. I usually go for the chicken burrito combo with fries and root beer. Their chicken burrito is very tasty.

Being Tuesday and cupcake day, I made cherry-chip with cherry frosting and just finished giving out to the ladies in the rental office, and a platefull to the maintenance team, couple to some guy on the stairs who mentioned them. Couldn't just ignore him without offering him a couple :) 7 left, 1 for this guy I always see walking laps, other 6 for any kids I see.

Myself, I had a few Mike and Ike candies. I typically only eat once a day and have half a left over Red Baron's pizza for later.

We're still eating on the huge mess of spaghetti I made on Sunday....

Tonight I think I will plop it in a casserole, layer some cheese in it, pour some milk/egg mixture in there, and bake it..spaghetti casserole.

Then I think it's probably done for.

I made it using my own canned tomatoes..I used a quart of quartered tomatoes, and a quart of whole plum tomatoes. I hadn't used any of my tomatoes before I got on this spaghetti kick, and I'm super pleased with them. Especially the whole ones...they're so much nicer than storebought! They break down super nice, I didn't need to add any other tomato products. Just Italian sausage, onion, some spices, parmesan...

Yum. I am starting to get tired of it though.

At least they are WAY better than Taco Bell.

Next time, you might try Alberto's. Lot's of them in Phoenix, and they are very good.

Never heard of it. We were at Arrowhead Mall, and there's a Del Taco right on the outskirts of the mall road as you're leaving, so . . .

Steamed skinless chicken breast, yellow corn cobettes, broccoli...all with fresh ground black pepper.

(It's fun using both of them at the same time!)

Last edited:

Forum List

Back