Well? What did you have for dinner tonight??

Homemade corn chowder from a retro Betty Crocker recipe book.

Veg+Bacon+Corn+Chowder.jpg

Pernil over Jamaican rice and peas again, might have that again tonight if theres enough.

You mean rice and beans ..:lol:
Love me some Jamaican food. I've got my jerk chicken and curried goat down to a science.
Occasionally I'll have some pimento wood shipped in from Jamaica for that authentic taste on my jerk chicken but at fifty bucks a pop it's a rare occasion.
I've found that slightly green post oak is pretty close though.

Pernil over Jamaican rice and peas again, might have that again tonight if theres enough.

You mean rice and beans ..:lol:
Love me some Jamaican food. I've got my jerk chicken and curried goat down to a science.
Occasionally I'll have some pimento wood shipped in from Jamaica for that authentic taste on my jerk chicken but at fifty bucks a pop it's a rare occasion.
I've found that slightly green post oak is pretty close though.

I actually had peas on the side, although it was rice and red kidney beans.

Was fasting for Ash Wednesday today. My sole meal consisted of canned sardines and one slice of bread. Water to wash it down.

I feel a little weak from hunger, but I'll be back to normal tomorrow once I get some real food back into me. Will still keep fasting every Friday till Easter.

Was fasting for Ash Wednesday today. My sole meal consisted of canned sardines and one slice of bread. Water to wash it down.

I feel a little weak from hunger, but I'll be back to normal tomorrow once I get some real food back into me. Will still keep fasting every Friday till Easter.

I was always kinda glad I was a Protestant rather than a Catholic primarily because I would suck at all the rituals. I'll admit to being kinda lazy that way.

My local supermarket is having a 50% off pork extravaganza sale, so I bought a pork sirloin roast and am marinating it in sesame ginger sauce to cook tonight when I get home from work. Rice and stir-fry veggies for the sides.

Chicken Mull, old southern family recipe known throughout the Carolinas and North Georgia.

For anybody interested:
Ingredients:

One whole roasting chicken (4-5 lbs)
2-3 cups chicken stock or broth
2 cans of evaporated milk or 3 1/2 cups milk or cream
2-3 sleeves of Ritz (or crackers of choice)
Salt and pepper to taste

Directions:

Boil chicken in deep stockpot or crockpot, with enough water to cover, until meat is done and tender. Remove chicken from stock, let cool enough to handle, and shred meat from the bone. Strain stock back into cooking pot, add shredded meat, milk and additional broth. Let cook to a simmer, add crushed crackers and salt and pepper, and cook to desired thickness. Add more crackers if needed. Serve with hot sauce and extra crackers if desired.

Forum List

Back