Well? What did you have for dinner tonight??

I'm making broccoli, ham, and cheese soup tonight. I'm also going to make spinach and cheese pinwheels with puff pastry dough. I LOVE puff pastry dough. It is a dream for us people who don't really enjoy or aren't really good at working with dough. :D

Also, if you don't like working with dough there are the wonton wrappers. I've made raviolis out of them before, and they came out awesome! Also, empanada wraps for calzones and stuff. There are all kinds of good substitutions thankfully. :)

Empanada-wrappers.jpg

Tonight,

Smoked duck, broiled chicken, harusame salad, black fungus and cucumber, fried rice, gyoza, and pico de gayo.

Just created the definitely-not-original-but-I-never-made-one-before Carrot Pancake!

Nutritious and delicious!

Reheated Italian Sausage Dominos pizza left over from Friday night!

:thup::thup:

Last edited:
I'm making broccoli, ham, and cheese soup tonight. I'm also going to make spinach and cheese pinwheels with puff pastry dough. I LOVE puff pastry dough. It is a dream for us people who don't really enjoy or aren't really good at working with dough. :D

Also, if you don't like working with dough there are the wonton wrappers. I've made raviolis out of them before, and they came out awesome! Also, empanada wraps for calzones and stuff. There are all kinds of good substitutions thankfully. :)

Empanada-wrappers.jpg
Wonton wrappers make excellent chips for salsa and other dips. Cut them in triangles, fry in shallow peanut oil for a short while, remove, pat dry and enjoy. They are damn near salt free.

Empanada-wrappers.jpg
Wonton wrappers make excellent chips for salsa and other dips. Cut them in triangles, fry in shallow peanut oil for a short while, remove, pat dry and enjoy. They are damn near salt free.
Thanks. My diet is low sodium, BP issues.

Empanada-wrappers.jpg
Glad to help. I have that problem also.

At my favorite restaurant, the owner will provide a big pile of fried wonton wrappers every time I bring in a jar of homemade habanero salsa. It is shared with the whatever personnel and bar customers can stand the heat...until the jar is empty...or my bar tab exceeds the limits of common sense.

Empanada-wrappers.jpg

At my favorite restaurant, the owner will provide a big pile of fried wonton wrappers every time I bring in a jar of homemade habanero salsa. It is shared with the whatever personnel and bar customers can stand the heat...until the jar is empty...or my bar tab exceeds the limits of common sense.
Nice setup you have going. :)

Empanada-wrappers.jpg

Nice setup you have going. :)
If you like hot salsa, PM me a P.O. Box or business address and I'll send you a pint. (seriously...I have about 15 pints at this time)

It is HOT, but the aftertaste is forgiving and makes you want more...and succeeding intakes of it seem to 'cool' the mouth and lips. My only caution is that if your fingertips get wet with it, do NOT touch your eyelids!

Empanada-wrappers.jpg

I wonder about flavor though. It seems like they might be flavorless. I don't have to worry to salt thankfully, so I would probably add some salt or some other spice for some flavor. :D Good idea though. Thanks! :)

Gravy baked pork chops, jasmine rice and mixed vegetables. I did a little something different and sauted the chops with annato and greek seasoning and added onions and celery when they were in the oven, came out different and good.

Homemade Mac and Cheese.
Cheese sauce was made with goat cheese a friend of mine makes.
Gently turn fresh spinach , sliced carrots, string beans and cubed ham.
Load it all up and bake for 30 minutes until bubbly.

I always, not intentionally, make too much!

But lately I've had a crew to feed...lol
Good times!

Forum List

Back