Well? What did you have for dinner tonight??

Big Macs taste like shit? Okay, I'll go along with that. :thup:
I guess you haven't had Five Guys or boardwalk fries............. :eusa_whistle:

The Big Mac was one of those childhood comfort food things . I guess that was child abuse in your mind :eusa_whistle: We have a five guys here and there ok, but the best burger I ever had was from Pals in Tennessee. It was so big I had to eat it in stages.

I used to eat that kind of "food" when I was much younger but I preferred Wendy's and Jack in the Box. I quit eating fast food at least a decade ago though I have, on a couple of rare occasions, sampled their wares and proceeded to pay for it for the next few hours.
I just finished a homemade Buffalo Chicken Salad with a mix of Ranch and Blu-cheese dressing.

The salad sounds good. I have been binging the last three days on junk food. I have to relearn what "good" food is again as I no longer drive trucks or eat at truck stops.

Last Night it was chicken tikka, dal, naan and biryani

After 6 months in all-white purgatory, I was ravenous.

Do you have Popeyes in you area?

I think they have THE best chicken. Damned good red beans and rice, to boot.

They do have Popeyes here but Churchs Spicy Chicken is something else, I am addicted to it.

It is like crack. I cant stay away from it. Whats worse, is I live across the street from Churches. Popeye's is ok, but churches is the shit.

I agree, I had Churchs spicy chicken last night with fries, mashed potatoes and a biscuit, I can't even eat their original chicken anymore if they don't have any spicy available I just leave the drive through.

They do have Popeyes here but Churchs Spicy Chicken is something else, I am addicted to it.

It is like crack. I cant stay away from it. Whats worse, is I live across the street from Churches. Popeye's is ok, but churches is the shit.

I agree, I had Churchs spicy chicken last night with fries, mashed potatoes and a biscuit, I can't even eat their original chicken anymore if they don't have any spicy available I just leave the drive through.

I think they do something to it to keep us coming back.

I think they do something to it to keep us coming back.

I don't know what they did but that Spicy chicken put them over the top in my opinion, the rest of the chicken franchises like KFC, Bojangles, Popeyes etc are struggling to keep up ever since Churchs put that spicy chicken on the menu.

I spent all day on the beach with my dog yesterday. Then joined up with hubby to watch the Raiders lose in their house after a 12 point lead. Watched Tebow get T-butted and had a couple of beers while doing so...this all means we ordered pizza cuz mama wasn't cooking! haahaha. There is a super cute little old school pizza joint up the street. Thin crispy and well done with homemade sausage! Boolyah.

Big Macs are the shit. McD's sets the standard for fast food fries.

I agree that Big Macs are shit.

McDonald's has interesting fries.

When Ray Kroc was getting ready to screw the McDonald's brothers out of their business, he wanted to know what it was that made the fries so damned popular. What it was, it turns out, was the heat of the San Bernardino sun. The brothers kept their potatoes in a large wooden bin outside, the potatoes would be grabbed from a door inside the restaurant fed from the bottom of the bin. The heat of the bin caused the starch in the potato to break down into sugar, so that when the potato was fried, the sugar created a crisp, golden brown coating.

Obviously, this isn't how they make the fries now, but the base principle is still used, the potatoes are cut into fries, then dumped into sugar water, then frozen. The fries are cooked frozen, so they retain a coating of the sugar solution, creating the crisp, golden brown fries that you love.

Standard Disclaimer: The crazy things you learn in MBA classes......

I guess you haven't had Five Guys or boardwalk fries............. :eusa_whistle:

Five Guys fries are really good. I'm not that wild about their burgers, they're okay, but Farmer Boys and In-N-Out are both better. In-N-Out is the best burger in creation.

Have you been to Red Robins? I like their bottomless fries.

Dried rub ribs, Cajun mix and brown sugar with cayenne pepper and I put sauce on them at the end. Grilled them. Put them in the oven on warm for a half hour to caramelize the sauce.

Turned out pretty well.

Last edited:

Five Guys fries are really good. I'm not that wild about their burgers, they're okay, but Farmer Boys and In-N-Out are both better. In-N-Out is the best burger in creation.

I dont like bottomless, I go for the topless bars. Bottomless leaves nothing to the imagination in my opi....oh wait, you are talking about something else here.

Nevermind, continue. :doubt:

Last night I did a prime rib. I got it out at 8:00 AM and let it come to room temperature all day. I rubbed it with minced garlic, salt and pepper. I wrapped it with thick sliced bacon and roasted it at 425 in a stone pan, with tin foil on it for the first hour. Served with creamed horse radish, au jus and steamed broccoli.

It was excellent.

I dont like bottomless, I go for the topless bars. Bottomless leaves nothing to the imagination in my opi....oh wait, you are talking about something else here.

Nevermind, continue. :doubt:

:eusa_angel:

Last night I did a prime rib. I got it out at 8:00 AM and let it come to room temperature all day. I rubbed it with minced garlic, salt and pepper. I wrapped it with thick sliced bacon and roasted it at 425 in a stone pan, with tin foil on it for the first hour. Served with creamed horse radish, au jus and steamed broccoli.

It was excellent.

Now that is a Sunday dinner. The aroma of a roast throughout the homes is heavenly.

I so need to dig out the menus again, I'm back in the mode of not knowing what we're having for dinner every night, and I HATE it.

It was roasted chicken or gyoza, so we let the coin decide....and the winner was....

roasted chicken! The goyza gets to live at least another day...

Forum List

Back