Well? What did you have for dinner tonight??

Feeling lazy tonight and ordered out.
6lbs. of crawfish,a bowl of red beans and rice and seafood fondue with two cornbread muffins and two toasted pieces of garlic bread.

This place rocks!!!!
Orleans Seafood Kitchen - Eat at Orleans | Katy, TX

I've never eaten crawfish. Around here, those are not really considered food for humans but for fish. :D We call them crayfish.

Ya dont know what your missing...
upload_2018-4-14_9-8-33.png

I had butter chicken last night. This is my third attempt at making butter chicken and I finally nailed it!!

My recipe came from the internet and then was “edited” by an Indian co-worker. It’s a lot of steps. I started at 9:00 am and ate at 5:30. But man is it worth it.

My first attempt a couple of months ago was close but no cigar. The internet recipe called for a tablespoon of honey. My co-worker took that out and made a point of saying “No honey”. I found the flavour too acidic. It needed a touch of sweetness to cut the acid in the tomatoes.

The second attempt included the honey and it was incredible. My daughter was visiting and said it was very good but . . . She said I needed to use garlic paste and ginger paste to infuse those flavours in the sauce. I couldn’t find the pastes in our white bread town so I used chopped instead.

So this time I did find the pastes, and used the honey. The sauce was so delicious that after I packed the leftovers into single serving freezer containers, I scrapped out the pot and licked the spoons.

So good it ought to be illegal.

I had butter chicken last night. This is my third attempt at making butter chicken and I finally nailed it!!

My recipe came from the internet and then was “edited” by an Indian co-worker. It’s a lot of steps. I started at 9:00 am and ate at 5:30. But man is it worth it.

My first attempt a couple of months ago was close but no cigar. The internet recipe called for a tablespoon of honey. My co-worker took that out and made a point of saying “No honey”. I found the flavour too acidic. It needed a touch of sweetness to cut the acid in the tomatoes.

The second attempt included the honey and it was incredible. My daughter was visiting and said it was very good but . . . She said I needed to use garlic paste and ginger paste to infuse those flavours in the sauce. I couldn’t find the pastes in our white bread town so I used chopped instead.

So this time I did find the pastes, and used the honey. The sauce was so delicious that after I packed the leftovers into single serving freezer containers, I scrapped out the pot and licked the spoons.

So good it ought to be illegal.

You can get spices and pastes and other ingredients online for a really good price, if you're planning on using them very often.

I just had Atlantic Salmon, in a wine, lemon, caper sauce, with sauteed fresh spinach, boiled new potatoes in a light butter/parsley sauce, and sliced deep red beefsteak tomatoes....

It was delicious, and I'm stuffed to the hilt....still... ugh....

Forum List

Back