Well? What did you have for dinner tonight??

Bonjour i have beef stew with a glass of red wine

ob_464d46_img-7439.JPG

That's next for me.

Right now I have Chili because the hamburger needed to be cooked. Did you gravy that at the end?

I just had some skittles.
No vitamins, but they make your tongue happy.

Bonjour i have beef stew with a glass of red wine

ob_464d46_img-7439.JPG

That's next for me.

Right now I have Chili because the hamburger needed to be cooked. Did you gravy that at the end?
My stew simmers in a saucepan for say an hour

No roux?
Yes, the recipe.

Step 1 :
Cut your meat into cubes and put in two spoons of flour on a plate. Add salt and pepper.
2nd step :
Heat the olive oil in a casserole over medium heat. Brown the pieces of beef that are brown on all sides and set aside on a plate.
Step 3:
In the same casserole, fry the chopped onion for 2 or 3 minutes. Add the chopped garlic, the carrots in slices and the celery in sections. Mix and pour the wine to deglaze the casserole (this allows to recover all the meat juices stuck on the walls). Pour in the flour and turn.
Step 4:
Add the meat to the casserole, broth, water, thyme, bay leaf, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil then lower the heat and simmer covered for 90 minutes.
Step 5:
Add the potatoes washed, peeled and cut into 4. Cover and simmer for another 30 minutes. The potatoes must be cooked. Correct the seasoning if necessary. Serve hot and sprinkled with chopped fresh parsley.

Domino's thin-crust white pizza (half-Hawaiian, half-mushroom)

That's the best pizza Domino's offers to compete with Pizza Hut's iconic personal pan pizza...(IMO)

Simply, spaghetti meat balls
6d74668c-7d48-472b-8a65-8aad349e7989.jpg

It's that kind of meal I like to eat before the heat of summer. it's a heavier meal

I’ll probably have a meatball sub tonight.

I’m thinking about having chicken adobo tomorrow.

Well, my husband had to go to the doctor regarding his infected bug bites, and while he was there, the doctor told him his blood pressure was something like 166/95 (!!) I promptly put the entire family on a modified O2/Mediterranean diet (I've been concerned about my older son's weight and health for a while now). This morning, I made everyone faux-blintzes. You take a frozen multigrain waffle, toast it, spoon cottage cheese onto it, sprinkle some pumpkin pie spice on it, and top it with sliced strawberries, bananas, and blackberries. They actually really liked them.

For lunch, I'm going to do a spinach salad with feta cheese, raisins, some shredded rotisserie chicken, slivered almonds, and balsamic vinaigrette, and then dinner is steak and roasted vegetables with chimichurri sauce.

How do you make your Tabbouleh? I have never made it myself.

IMGP0039 (640x480) - Copy - Copy.jpg

Finely chop the veggies and herbs - green onions, tomatoes, garlic, parsley, mint and oregano. The dressing is olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Mix with the prepared (according to package directions) plain couscous.

I like it stuffed in a pita pocket with diced chicken and/or avocado slices and or shredded lettuce with a splash of red wine vinegar.

Forum List

Back