Well? What did you have for dinner tonight??

Now that we are retired, we don't have dinner all that often. Our big meal is more often lunch or a late lunch with leftovers for an evening meal if we want one.

Cooking my usual Sunday lunch/brunch for my Aunt Betty and friend/family Dana now: slow cooked top round pot roast with carrots and potatoes plus strawberry salad, collard greens, and corn casserole. This is followed with a movie interrupted ever so slightly with dessert which today will be lemon glazed lemon cake. . .yum.

Spaghetti. Always a crowd-pleaser, and something my older son can make with no input from me. This is a good thing, since my feet and ankles hurt horribly, and I have no desire to stand up. I'm actually sitting here right now, trying to talk myself into walking all the way to the bathroom.

Are you okay, Cecilie? What happened?

My shoes got messed up while I was at work. Walking around barefoot wasn't an option, so I just had to tough it out. Now my feet, ankles, and knees are letting me know ALL about it. They basically just threw the entire alignment of my legs off.
:smiliehug:
I hope you feel better soon.

Spaghetti. Always a crowd-pleaser, and something my older son can make with no input from me. This is a good thing, since my feet and ankles hurt horribly, and I have no desire to stand up. I'm actually sitting here right now, trying to talk myself into walking all the way to the bathroom.

My shoes got messed up while I was at work. Walking around barefoot wasn't an option, so I just had to tough it out. Now my feet, ankles, and knees are letting me know ALL about it. They basically just threw the entire alignment of my legs off.
:smiliehug:
I hope you feel better soon.

Thanks. Everything feels fine now, except my left ankle. My husband says it looks a little bit swollen in comparison to the other one, so I'm trying to stay off of it for now.

Hey ChrisL.
Going to try a lb and a half,two inch thick,NY strip using the reverse sear.
I'll let you know how it turns out.
Here's some further information on the process and why it's superior.
I'm gonna get you to try this method for your own good!! :mad:

The Food Lab: The Reverse Sear Is the Best Way to Cook a Steak, Period

upload_2018-3-4_16-18-28.png

Last edited:
And in the "weird cooking" category, I also put together some homemade face wax to shape my brows. It's amazing, what a person can get done without modern chemistry, if she's really determined.

Hey ChrisL.
Going to try a lb and a half,two inch,thick NY strip using the reverse sear.

View attachment 180357
Hey ChrisL.

View attachment 180357

drifter..
This was my last attempt at reverse sear.
upload_2018-3-4_17-52-2.png

upload_2018-3-4_17-52-40.png

I'm thinking I might throw together a faux casserole of Normandy vegetables and tater tots with cheese on them to go with the pork chops and mushroom rice. I dunno.

Hey ChrisL.

View attachment 180357

And the results.
View attachment 180473
View attachment 180475
Perfect again!!
I'm never going to cook another steak the old way!!!
Hey ChrisL.

View attachment 180357

And the results.
View attachment 180473
View attachment 180475
Perfect again!!
I'm never going to cook another steak the old way!!!

But then I have to dirty a cast iron pan AND a baking dish! The HORROR! :D

Seriously though, I will definitely try it next time I get some steaks.

Hope you are feeling better and able to walk. I've broken shoes at work before too. Never where it messed up my feet, but I did have to tape one together before when the sole just fell part way off my shoe!

Forum List

Back