Well? What did you have for dinner tonight??

I need the sweetening effect to cut the acidity of the tomatoes. I used to use brown sugar, but a friend who's a chef suggested dark chocolate, and I got really attached to how it added a touch of smokiness, like you stewed it slowly over an open fire.

I'll have to give it a try.

Once really cannot go wrong by either adding wine or dark chocolate to any cooking project...and when in doubt, add both!

Putting in a little cinnamon was an eye opener for me.
It really enhanced the flavors.
I did ruin a good pot of sauce when I went overboard with it though.

I add a clove or two to big pots of stew or soup for the same reason. A wee bit of sweet added to savory makes for a richer taste experience (just like adding salt to something sweet, like sea salt caramels).

I always like the sweet/savory combination in unexpected places. When I roast poultry, I rub it with a mixture of salt, pepper, paprika, nutmeg, and ground cloves, and then baste it with orange juice. If you like it a bit spicier than I do, you can replace the regular pepper with cayenne pepper.

I'm with you on the sweet and savory.
My favorite chicken is jerk. Has a lot of heat and sweet to go along with the savory.
I highly recommend Spurtree as a base/marinade.
I need the sweetening effect to cut the acidity of the tomatoes. I used to use brown sugar, but a friend who's a chef suggested dark chocolate, and I got really attached to how it added a touch of smokiness, like you stewed it slowly over an open fire.

Once really cannot go wrong by either adding wine or dark chocolate to any cooking project...and when in doubt, add both!

I add a clove or two to big pots of stew or soup for the same reason. A wee bit of sweet added to savory makes for a richer taste experience (just like adding salt to something sweet, like sea salt caramels).

I always like the sweet/savory combination in unexpected places. When I roast poultry, I rub it with a mixture of salt, pepper, paprika, nutmeg, and ground cloves, and then baste it with orange juice. If you like it a bit spicier than I do, you can replace the regular pepper with cayenne pepper.

I'm with ya on the sweet and savory.....with a lot of heat.
My favorite for chicken is Jerk style.
You have to try Spurtree's jerk seasoning!!
This is as close as you can get to real Jamaican Jerk.
When we really get the hankering for real Jerk we order some pimento wood straight from Jamaica,pricey but worth it on occasion.

We order the 9lb pail and freeze it in one serving sizes.
Jerk Seasoning

My favorite chicken is jerk. Has a lot of heat and sweet to go along with the savory.

When we really get the hankering for real Jerk we order some pimento wood straight from Jamaica,pricey but worth it on occasion.

Jerk Seasoning

I'm lazy. I go to a little Caribbean market up the street from my house and get some of the chicken they cook on a grill out front of their store on the weekends. The smell drives me crazy when I drive by.

Jerk Seasoning

I'm lazy. I go to a little Caribbean market up the street from my house and get some of the chicken they cook on a grill out front of their store on the weekends. The smell drives me crazy when I drive by.

I love to BBQ so it's a labor of love.
Nothing I like more than tending the fire to keep it in the sweet spot. And the rewards are mouth watering!......along with sinus draining.

We have a few homegrown tomatoes left (last of the season)...so tonight it is a Bacon Lettuce and Tomato Sammich Fest!

Stuffed pork chops, artichoke and mushroom casserole, and a ham and pasta salad.

I've been advised not to make the stuffed pork chops again or at least identify a different stuffing.

:icon_rolleyes:

Frittata, broccoli, homemade biscuits, & Pilsner Urquell

images9IWXHNID.jpg

We're going out to dinner tonight and we will not eat turkey.

I’ll be enjoying a frozen dinner from PF Chang’s.

The Gf is working and I’m stuck with fixing my own meal.

We're going out to dinner tonight and we will not eat turkey.
I had steak on Thanksgiving, at my boyfriend's relatives' house. They said turkey was too pedestrian. I wanted a traditional TG dinner with all the trimmings. What a disappointment. I am not a fan of steak anytime.

Forum List

Back