Well? What did you have for dinner tonight??

Holy Hell!!!! We cooked a small three inch patty of the home ground beef and a three inch fennel sausage patty for a test run.
I will never buy ground meat at the grocery store again!!!!!!
In our first try the combo of sirloin,beef short ribs and chuck was so much better than store bought ground beef!!!
And the Italian fennel sausage was badass!!!!

While the Kitchenaid did the job we're now looking for a high end meat grinder.
It was just that much better!!!

Breaking in the new Kitchenaid today.
Made two loaves of bread,homemade Rigatoni pasta with home ground Italian sausage,home ground beef using sirloin,beef short ribs and chuck for the sauce.
I'll let y'all know how it turns out.

That sounds fabulous. I have a triple batch of meat sauce simmering on the stove. The secret to good meat sauce is to quadruple the garlic and double or triple the herbs ...and to add quite a bit of good red wine. It's fantabulously delish, even if I do say so myself.

I made or am in the process of making sauteed pork chops with a tangy orange sauce, glazed carrots, corn casserole and a sweet potato pie. There was supposed to be an additional teen in the house so I changed my menu around because he is really picky. But, his mom is cooking and.........pork chops it is.
You Really Can't Go Wrong With Sweet To Pork
...Or Duck
We'll Be Having Smoked Ducks For Thanksgiving
You Push The Skin Up Away From The Meat
Then Tighten It Back Up,
Pouring Scalding Water Over The Bird
That Reduces How Oily And Fatty It Is
And Makes For Really Crisp Skin

Of Course We Have Orange Sauce
I Also Made Blueberry, Mango, And Raspberry

I'll Have To Glaze Up Some Carrots Now, Too...

Made two loaves of bread,homemade Rigatoni pasta with home ground Italian sausage,home ground beef using sirloin,beef short ribs and chuck for the sauce.

That sounds fabulous. I have a triple batch of meat sauce simmering on the stove. The secret to good meat sauce is to quadruple the garlic and double or triple the herbs ...and to add quite a bit of good red wine. It's fantabulously delish, even if I do say so myself.

I like my meat sauce a bit more smoky and mellow, so I add a handful of dark chocolate chips. Yes, I know it sounds weird, but it works.

I like my meat sauce a bit more smoky and mellow, so I add a handful of dark chocolate chips. Yes, I know it sounds weird, but it works.

That sounds interesting! I think for my next Italian project, I'm going to perfect a Bolognese recipe. That is such good comfort food.

Try a pinch of cinnamon.
Be careful a little goes a long way.

Try a pinch of cinnamon.

I need the sweetening effect to cut the acidity of the tomatoes. I used to use brown sugar, but a friend who's a chef suggested dark chocolate, and I got really attached to how it added a touch of smokiness, like you stewed it slowly over an open fire.

Try a pinch of cinnamon.

I need the sweetening effect to cut the acidity of the tomatoes. I used to use brown sugar, but a friend who's a chef suggested dark chocolate, and I got really attached to how it added a touch of smokiness, like you stewed it slowly over an open fire.

I'll have to give it a try.

Try a pinch of cinnamon.

One really cannot go wrong by either adding wine or dark chocolate to any cooking project...and when in doubt, add both!

Try a pinch of cinnamon.

Once really cannot go wrong by either adding wine or dark chocolate to any cooking project...and when in doubt, add both!

Putting in a little cinnamon was an eye opener for me.
It really enhanced the flavors.
I did ruin a good pot of sauce when I went overboard with it though.

Try a pinch of cinnamon.

Once really cannot go wrong by either adding wine or dark chocolate to any cooking project...and when in doubt, add both!

I add a clove or two to big pots of stew or soup for the same reason. A wee bit of sweet added to savory makes for a richer taste experience (just like adding salt to something sweet, like sea salt caramels).

Try a pinch of cinnamon.

I add a clove or two to big pots of stew or soup for the same reason. A wee bit of sweet added to savory makes for a richer taste experience (just like adding salt to something sweet, like sea salt caramels).

I knew something sounded familiar about Ceclia's suggestion of dark chocolate.
Although it was with cocoa powder.

I'm sure that would work, too. I don't keep cocoa powder on hand as a rule, but I do always have chocolate chips around.

I'm sure that would work, too. I don't keep cocoa powder on hand as a rule, but I do always have chocolate chips around.

I dont care for dark chocolate.
Wonder if I could just throw in a Snickers bar.....:auiqs.jpg:

I like to keep Droste cocoa powder on hand as a staple. A few years ago, one of the nephews was obsessed with Krazy Kake - we went through a lot of cocoa!

I dont care for dark chocolate.
Wonder if I could just throw in a Snickers bar.....:auiqs.jpg:

Oh, you poor man. It must be quite a hardship going through life without the delicious dark chocolate gene.

I recommend a healthy portion of Narsai's Chocolate Decadence as therapy.

Try a pinch of cinnamon.

I always like the sweet/savory combination in unexpected places. When I roast poultry, I rub it with a mixture of salt, pepper, paprika, nutmeg, and ground cloves, and then baste it with orange juice. If you like it a bit spicier than I do, you can replace the regular pepper with cayenne pepper.

I always like the sweet/savory combination in unexpected places. When I roast poultry, I rub it with a mixture of salt, pepper, paprika, nutmeg, and ground cloves, and then baste it with orange juice. If you like it a bit spicier than I do, you can replace the regular pepper with cayenne pepper.

That sounds delish! It reminds me of Good Thyme's "Terrific Turkey" blend. I use it for roast chicken and baste with some dry sherry.

"Ingredients: Thyme, savory, sage, curry powder, paprika, dried red chilis."

Good Thyme Herb Blends

That sounds delish! It reminds me of Good Thyme's "Terrific Turkey" blend. I use it for roast chicken and baste with some dry sherry.

Good Thyme Herb Blends

I got my recipe idea from a bar in downtown Tucson, which used to serve "Dornish fries" (after the kingdom of Dorn in the George RR Martin books). They would spice the French fries with salt, red pepper, paprika, nutmeg, and cloves, and then serve them with slices of orange for you to squeeze over them.

Good Thyme Herb Blends

I got my recipe idea from a bar in downtown Tucson, which used to serve "Dornish fries" (after the kingdom of Dorn in the George RR Martin books). They would spice the French fries with salt, red pepper, paprika, nutmeg, and cloves, and then serve them with slices of orange for you to squeeze over them.

Yum! That sound fabulous. I rarely cook fries - but will keep that in mind if I do.

We have a new restaurant down in Jack London Square that has fries cooked in duck fat. Omigawd! So delicious! Duck fat could be my new butter.

Forum List

Back