Well? What did you have for dinner tonight??

I am going to make boiled beef ribs with a mustard sauce and cabbage and potatoes cooked in the leftover broth. Final answer.

Rainbow trout I caught locally, stuffed with fresh tarragon & baked with white wine. When cooked the wine drained into a saucepan and thickened with egg yolk then poured back onto the trout.
Duchess potatoes & broad beans out of the garden.

We're going out to dinner tonight and we will not eat turkey.
I had steak on Thanksgiving, at my boyfriend's relatives' house. They said turkey was too pedestrian. I wanted a traditional TG dinner with all the trimmings. What a disappointment. I am not a fan of steak anytime.

No offense to you or to your boyfriend's relatives, but I find it very pretentious to critique things on the basis of "too pedestrian". If it's good, it's good; if it's not, it's not. It doesn't suddenly change from good to bad just because too many other people like it.

Rainbow trout I caught locally, stuffed with fresh tarragon & baked with white wine. When cooked the wine drained into a saucepan and thickened with egg yolk then poured back onto the trout.
Duchess potatoes & broad beans out of the garden.

OMG, I WISH we could catch trout locally, but we don't even have water locally without building canals and pipelines and shit. :(

Since we made our turkey at home about a week late, tonight is FINALLY time to stew the remaining meat off the carcass and make turkey stew.

I used our turkey carcass to make turkey lentil soup the day after T-Day; it's our tradition. Then we had sandwiches and hot plates for a few days until mr. boe went on strike.

Since we made our turkey at home about a week late, tonight is FINALLY time to stew the remaining meat off the carcass and make turkey stew.

I used our turkey carcass to make turkey lentil soup the day after T-Day; it's our tradition. Then we had sandwiches and hot plates for a few days until mr. boe went on strike.

I think that's pretty standard. I used to have a side job taking telephone orders for Pizza Hut. The week after Thanksgiving was always insane, because everyone was sick of turkey.

Stuffed peppers, Parmesan eggplant strata, leftover sweet potatoes.

Dinner plans for Sunday football.
Crab cakes(I'll post the recipe when the wife gets home,cant find it) Red beans and rice and 6 dozen live oysters from Hama Hama Oysters from Washington.
The oysters are going to be the main dish.
Ordered two of the farm samplers for a 6 dozen count.
Farm Sampler

Crab cakes(I'll post the recipe when the wife gets home,cant find it) Red beans and rice and 6 dozen live oysters from Hama Hama Oysters from Washington.
Farm Sampler

Going to try this guys red beans and rice recipe....

Farm Sampler
Crab cakes and drunken Mussels in about an hour!

Farm Sampler
Crab cakes and drunken Mussels in about an hour!

We decided to forgo the red beans and rice since we had crab cakes and scallops.
Both turned out fantastic and we have enough oysters leftover to make oyster dressing for Christmas.

Forum List

Back