Well? What did you have for dinner tonight??

Nathan's Hot Dogs mixed with beans, and bread. :funnyface:

Ya low class knave!!!!
Begone with your Damn Self!!!:04:

.....I am a sucker for a good hotdog.

Nathan's are good. Did I mention they're the big Sam's Club ones?

Get the same ones.
Mustard,chili,onions and cheese....done.

Sounds good to me! :113:

That explains a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well the oysters kicked ass!!!
A little more brine than I'm used to so we had to rinse as we went but really good overall.
Now onto the crab cakes and scallops.

Ya know, I used to bring a #10 can and a glove when I went fishing. Put the pole in the water with the butt in a rail..

go pick some oysters and start a fire with scooped-up seawater. If we didn't catch anything, we still had oysters. Really we never caught anything at that spot. A bike somebody stole..no fish.

A little more brine than I'm used to so we had to rinse as we went but really good overall.

Ya know, I used to bring a #10 can and a glove when I went fishing. Put the pole in the water with the butt in a rail..

go pick some oysters and start a fire with scooped-up seawater. If we didn't catch anything, we still had oysters. Really we never caught anything at that spot. A bike somebody stole..no fish.

We used to harvest em in Galveston bay while wade fishing years ago.

Y'all are killing me. I love any sort of seafood . . . and I live in a desert. All beach, no water.

Y'all are killing me. I love any sort of seafood . . . and I live in a desert. All beach, no water.

It's the one thing that will always keep me living near the coast.
I cant imagine not being able to get fresh Gulf Shrimp,Crabs,Flounder or Crawfish.

I cant imagine not being able to get fresh Gulf Shrimp,Crabs,Flounder or Crawfish.

I am teh Flounder and Blowfish magnet.

I've had a few reds n yellows n a couple grouper...

vs like 17 Flounder..wtf?

They do eat good, so there's that.

I'd rather have a yellow, though. It's yellow time right now, and I know the exact spot where to go right now..argh! My luck, I'd trudge my way to the spot..and catch a Flounder. :aargh:

Angelfish work, too.

This area has one of the most diverse varieties of fish anywhere.

Mackeral, Kobia..the far N of Kobia-catching..reds, yellows, grouper, drum, trout, Flounder.

I am teh Flounder and Blowfish magnet.

I've had a few reds n yellows n a couple grouper...

vs like 17 Flounder..wtf?

They do eat good, so there's that.

I'd rather have a yellow, though. It's yellow time right now, and I know the exact spot where to go right now..argh! My luck, I'd trudge my way to the spot..and catch a Flounder. :aargh:

Angelfish work, too.

This area has one of the most diverse varieties of fish anywhere.

Mackeral, Kobia..the far N of Kobia-catching..reds, yellows, grouper, drum, trout, Flounder.

Used to do a lot of flounder gigging at San Luis pass,the dead of winter was the best time.
You can see all the flats in this photo.
Just dont gig that "flounder" with the stick behind it.;)

san%20luis%20pass%20bars2%2010_24_07sm.JPG

As much as I love seafood, I don't love it enough to live in a leftist slum to get it.

As much as I love seafood, I don't love it enough to live in a leftist slum to get it.

I would hardly call the Gulf Coast leftist or a slum.
I live in Master planned community that ranks in the top five in the country with a 45 minute drive to the coast.
Or if we feel real adventurous we head down to South Padre Island National Seashore.

image.aspx

C0016122649--730709.JPG

65 miles of remote uninhabited beach to explore and some of the best fishing in the country.

My game plan is marinated shrimp, fried catfish nuggets, cabbage, potato and onion in a beef stock, eggplant, burgundy bread and a pear custard.

Yep. This New Year I am cleaning out the freezer and refrigerator.

Forum List

Back