Well? What did you have for dinner tonight??

So, the plan is fry-baked chicken, broccoli and rice casserole, choux rouge, and leftover collard greens.

Frittata (onion potato frittata)
onion-potato_frittata_1_horiz.jpg

Did Jerk Chicken on the Kamado Joe last night for the first time.
The Wife and I have been making Jerk for thirty years and this came out better than any Jerk I've produced in those thirty years.

I highly recommend The Kamado Joe!!!! Or any kind of Kamado.
Mankind has been using this type cooker for over 3000 years....now I know why! The original name is "mushikamado" which literally translates to "Cooking range" or "Stove" in Japanese.
I'm just kicking myself in the ass for not trying it sooner!

The Wife and I have been making Jerk for thirty years and this came out better than any Jerk I've produced in those thirty years.

Mankind has been using this type cooker for over 3000 years....now I know why! The original name is "mushikamado" which literally translates to "Cooking range" or "Stove" in Japanese.
Ya might want to consider rephrasing that........ Just an observation....... :eusa_whistle:

Ya might want to consider rephrasing that........ Just an observation....... :eusa_whistle:

I guess if your minds in the gutter........

I guess if your minds in the gutter........
When isn't it? :dunno:

Sounds like you're denigrating Jamaica and the slaves who produced the culture and the food.....

Sounds like you're denigrating Jamaica and the slaves who produced the culture and the food.....
If that was a joke then I suggest you work on it.......... Reeeeeally work on it.......

The kamado looks like a weber.

The difference being the inch thick ceramic walls of the Kamado along with the inch thick fire box and precise temp controls. Start shutting down the vents around 25 degrees before reaching desired temp and you can tamp down the fire and hold it for up to 16 hours.....on lump charcoal.
Add a few chunks of wood of your choice and you can even make some nice BBQ.
Put the Pizza stone in it and you can make....pizza obviously.
You can bake bread,cookies and a whole host of other things.

Like I said..I'm shocked at how well this thing cooks!!!

I'm pissed at myself for not checking it out sooner.

In a flurry of activity last night, I made chicken marsala, beef mushroom chow yoke, and zucchini boats. Got lunches and dinners set to go for the rest of the week.

Since there has been a week long series of rainstorms in California, finally used an indoor grill that I got for Xmas. BBQ ribs, hot links and chicken, corn on the cobb and cole slaw came out quite well.

So, I am working on stuffed eggplant, potatoes with andouille, and the choux rouge that didn't get made last weekend.

I am working on explaining to my husband the proper way to season his new cast-iron wok, because a friend of his gave him advice that sucked, and he won't believe me that his friend is a moron.

I am making duck with pears, turnip au gratin, and something green like a spinach salad. I have never made turnips before so this will be interesting. We are going to a jazz concert tonight so it will have to be early.

Forum List

Back