Well? What did you have for dinner tonight??

I am working on explaining to my husband the proper way to season his new cast-iron wok, because a friend of his gave him advice that sucked, and he won't believe me that his friend is a moron.
'

Coat with high-flashpoint oil (probably vegetable), heat on highest until the smoke gets a little thick, then remove from heat, using a wadded-up paper towel, kinda wax the oil into all the pores and let cool fully, then wipe excess oil out.

This stuff Rocks!!!!!
616rSPWLh9L._SX466_.jpg

Last night I came home from work and found my guys waiting for me with crockpot pork roast, gouda-seasoned new potatoes, and steamed broccoli. Was amazing. The pork roast was so tender you could cut it with a spoon.

After all the talk about gravy.........
Sausage gravy over biscuits and four sunny side up eggs and a biscuit with raspberry preserves.
It always amazes me how good something as simple as biscuits and gravy is.

One of our favorites in the morning at deer camp or fish camp?
A big ole biscuit with a sausage patty and strawberry jam!!

1 large frying chicken (quartered)
Salt and pepper the chicken. Lay chicken in a baking pan. Place in oven at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.

Caribbean Sauce
2 TBS vegetable oil
1 cup finely chopped onion
1 cup finely chopped celery
1/2 cup lime juice
1 cup ketchup
1/2 cup Pickapepper Sauce
1 cup orange juice
1 oz. rum
1 tsp. crushed red pepper
Parsley and orange slices for garnish

To create sauce, place oil in pot and heat a little. Add onions and celery. Stir well. Let cook for 5 minutes, being careful not to burn onions. Add all other ingredients except garnishes, stirring as you add the. .Pour over chicken. Let bake about 30 minutes, basting chicken from time to time with sauce. Garnish with parsley and orange slices.

2 cups shredded carrots
1/4 cup pineapple juice
1/2 cup raisins
5 TBS mayonnaise
Lettuce leaf
Mix all ingredients except lettuce leaf and child for at least 30 minutes. Serve on lettuce leaf.

And creamed spinach.

All of the recipes are from Leah Chase's Dooky Chase Cookbook.
Home - Dooky Chase's Restaurant

That place was a hangout for civil rights activists in the 60s.

As an aside, I'm a bit wary of ketchup as an ingredient but I'm pretty sure that with another couple ounces of rum I won't care.

Mmm.....Don't make that ^^^^

At least I got a bottle of Gosling Black Seal out of the deal.

Spanish Bean Soup. It was good! However, it had the flavor, but lacked the copious amounts of my favorite ingredients, so I'm going to make some next.

Last night was church night, so the boys and I went out to eat together on the way there as we usually do. They decided they wanted chicken wings, so we hit the Wingstop. REALLY good stuff. Juicy and crispy and the sauces were nicely flavorful. Nick said that the cheesy fries were everything he'd ever wanted in cheesy fries, without even knowing he wanted it until he got them.

Not for tonight but I figure tomorrow is close enough.

A twelve pound Wagyu packer Brisket smoked at 225 with red oak till it reaches that jiggly point and the temp prob goes in like butter.
Havent decided on my rub just yet but I might stick with my usual salt and pepper,Texas style.

Tried to get a CAB flat but the truck never arrived so I'm stuck with the Wagyu....boo hoo.

Not gonna tell the Wife what it costs till after she's had a bite.

Fasoulada is on the stove. Never tried it before. Looks kind of bland but we all have colds and can't taste anything anyway.

Not for tonight but I figure tomorrow is close enough.

A twelve pound Wagyu packer Brisket smoked at 225 with red oak till it reaches that jiggly point and the temp prob goes in like butter.
Havent decided on my rub just yet but I might stick with my usual salt and pepper,Texas style.

Tried to get a CAB flat but the truck never arrived so I'm stuck with the Wagyu....boo hoo.

Not gonna tell the Wife what it costs till after she's had a bite.

The Brisket turned out fantastic!!!!
Rather than low and slow we went with hot and fast at 275-300 wrapped the brisket at 160 and added a bit of beef broth,put it back on the pit until it softened up at 210,let it rest wrapped in foil and a towel in the cambrio for about an hour and a half.
Ya gotta love the Wagyu!!!!!
Put the pot of pintos under the brisket to catch all the good stuff and they turned out Great as well!!

Last night was church night, so the boys and I went out to eat together on the way there as we usually do. They decided they wanted chicken wings, so we hit the Wingstop. REALLY good stuff. Juicy and crispy and the sauces were nicely flavorful. Nick said that the cheesy fries were everything he'd ever wanted in cheesy fries, without even knowing he wanted it until he got them.
My Wing Seasoning:

2tbl Oregano
2tbl Basil
2tbl Onion Powder
2tbl Garlic Powder
1tbl Thyme
1tsp Cayenne Powder

Note There Is No Salt
So You Can Really Pack It On

1C Butter
Use The Season In It Too
1/4 C Pepper Sauce, Regular Red - Not Tabasco