Well? What did you have for dinner tonight??

Peanut M&Ms and a glass of Pinot Noir.

It's really good!

Picked up two 21 day dry aged ribeyes each around 1.125 lbs and just shy of two inches thick.
Decided there was no way either of us was eating that much beef so we're gonna split one and have a baked potato.

Going to try out the new Field fry pan as well since we're doing a reverse sear.
Gonna need bacon for the tators as well.

Picked up two 21 day dry aged ribeyes each around 1.125 lbs and just shy of two inches thick.
Decided there was no way either of us was eating that much beef so we're gonna split one and have a baked potato.

Going to try out the new Field fry pan as well since we're doing a reverse sear.
Gonna need bacon for the tators as well.

IMG_3513.JPG
IMG_3514.JPG

3-4 pound chicken pieces
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground cayenne pepper
1 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 cups finely chopped onion
2 cups finely chopped red bell pepper
1 clove garlic, minced
1 lb. 12 oz can peeled tomatoes with juice
1 cup dry white wine
1 1/2 tsp. salt
Louisiana hot sauce to taste

Skin the chicken. Wash and pat dry. Heat the oil in a large skillet on med heat. Put the flour, salt and cayenne pepper in a zip lock bag. Shake the chicken in the flour. Brown the chicken and place in a roasting pan. Add the onion, bell pepper and garlic into the same frying pan and cook for 20 minutes. Add the tomatoes,white wine, salt and hot sauce and cook for another 20 minutes. Pour sauce over chicken. Cover with tinfoil and put into a 350 degree oven for 1 hour. Serve over rice.
and green beans.

Last edited:
I'd say there's a good chance of hamburgers.....
Just ground up an 18 lb brisket and a 5 lb chuck roast.
I'm guessing it's around 75/25.
Ended up with 10 lbs of ground beef from the brisket and the chuck.
On the plus side I now have 6 lbs of brisket fat to either render or make more hamburger with leaner cuts.

I made homemade hamburger helper. I have a terrible headcold, and I had hamburger and noodles.
fried the onion, added burger, fried that, salt, pepper, then noodles, water, a little soy sauce, a lot of beef bouillon...then I thickened it a little bit. The boy liked it good enough. I think it was okay as far as that sort of thing goes... but honestly, I can't taste anything.

Beans n ham. I added a hunk of baked ham to some already done Great Northerns, and the cooking method may need to be revised, as the baked ham added last has a lot more flavor than when cooked at the same time as the beans.

I am working on explaining to my husband the proper way to season his new cast-iron wok, because a friend of his gave him advice that sucked, and he won't believe me that his friend is a moron.
'

Coat with high-flashpoint oil (probably vegetable), heat on highest until the smoke gets a little thick, then remove from heat, using a wadded-up paper towel, kinda wax the oil into all the pores and let cool fully, then wipe excess oil out.

I am working on explaining to my husband the proper way to season his new cast-iron wok, because a friend of his gave him advice that sucked, and he won't believe me that his friend is a moron.
'

Coat with high-flashpoint oil (probably vegetable), heat on highest until the smoke gets a little thick, then remove from heat, using a wadded-up paper towel, kinda wax the oil into all the pores and let cool fully, then wipe excess oil out.

Eh, that's ok, but a better way

fire up grill to 500 degrees, place cast iron in grill for 15 minutes. Remove from grill, coat in oil (I prefer peanut myself) place back in grill for 15 minutes, re oil. Do this one more time.

You can also, of course, you an oven for this.

'

fire up grill to 500 degrees, place cast iron in grill for 15 minutes. Remove from grill, coat in oil (I prefer peanut myself) place back in grill for 15 minutes, re oil. Do this one more time.

Do you do the outside, too?

'

Do you do the outside, too?

Absolutely, though obviously that is more for rust prevention than actually seasoning the skillet.

Forum List

Back