Well? What did you have for dinner tonight??

My game plan is marinated shrimp, fried catfish nuggets, cabbage, potato and onion in a beef stock, eggplant, burgundy bread and a pear custard.

Yep. This New Year I am cleaning out the freezer and refrigerator.
Catfish nuggets? Do you buy them prepared or make them yourself? Sounds suspiciously like gefilte fish. And what on earth is ‘burgundy bread’?

My game plan is marinated shrimp, fried catfish nuggets, cabbage, potato and onion in a beef stock, eggplant, burgundy bread and a pear custard.

Yep. This New Year I am cleaning out the freezer and refrigerator.
Catfish nuggets? Do you buy them prepared or make them yourself? Sounds suspiciously like gefilte fish. And what on earth is ‘burgundy bread’?
I bought a bag of catfish nuggets and breaded them myself in a mix of corn flour/flour We voted that they still taste like catfish and we aren't too keen on it. It's like every five years or so I pick them up and make them and then remember why I don't get them.

I took 1/2 cup of olive oil and sauteed one clove of minced garlic in it. Poured a cup of red wine in it, took it off the heat and stirred it until it didn't separate. I brushed it on a loaf of French bread that had been cut in half and topped it with Parmesan cheese and broiled it. It also didn't come out the way I expected.

I didn't use a baguette and that might have made a difference. About a 1/4 inch had the wine mixture and had a crunchy topping and the rest was just warm bread. Not sure I like it enough to play around with it.

Wednesday night is my weekly night out with my sons. We meet up after I get off work at a restaurant near our church, have dinner together, and then walk over and attend mid-week services. Last night's restaurant was Mexican food. Enchiladas and chimichangas.

Ham, collard greens, baked macaroni and cheese, sauteed squash and rolls.

One of the best steaks I've had in my life!!!!
39 day dry aged Prime Ribeye!!!
I'll never eat another steak that hasn't been dry aged,and the best part? The Wife agrees!!!!
Which of course means an open checkbook with no whining when it comes to home dry ageing!!!
I can see fifty lbs of beef slowly turning to Gold!!!

Attachments

• IMG_3452.JPG
    IMG_3452.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_3453.JPG
    IMG_3453.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_3454.JPG
    IMG_3454.JPG
    927.6 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_3455.JPG
    IMG_3455.JPG