Well? What did you have for dinner tonight??

Hardees bacon double cheeseburger........after driving 45 minutes each way and then spending almost 3 hours at the vet just to get the cat its booster shots, I have no desire to eat let alone cook so drive thru it was......came home, threw a bag of burgers on the counter and said eat or don't, I don't care. I now need to wash german shepherd slobber off my face as one person's felt a need to lick my face from bottom to top when I leaned over to tie my shoe. God I hate vets that do first come first serve.

Last night I went to Red Lobster and had the mixed grill with shrimp, scallops and salmon. My friend had the mixed grill with shrimp, scallops an steak. Yum. :)

We had Tilapia with a cream cheese/ dill/ lemon sauce. It was light and good. Tonight we'll have reubens of course, for St. Patty's Day! Cheers

Corned beef, cabbage, potatoes, carrots. I like Reuben sandwiches but this way........not so much. I haven't made it in years. I think next year I will do a Shepard's pie or something if I can find something besides New Zealand lamb.

Last night I went to Red Lobster and had the mixed grill with shrimp, scallops and salmon. My friend had the mixed grill with shrimp, scallops an steak. Yum. :)

It annoys be they do not have oysters.
I don't like oysters. I like shrimp/prawns, scallops, lobster, and crab best. I've only been there twice. Do they have crab?

Snow crab legs and then whatever random baked thing with crab they happen to be serving. I usually just soup and salad when forced to go there. I personally think that lobster has no flavor except whatever you add into it. I guess it is more a blank slate.

Dekster said:
I usually just soup and salad when forced to go there.
I'm Surprised How The Place Has Changed
The Ones Around Here Have Become Nice Restaurants
I personally think that lobster has no flavor.
Because Restaurants Grossly Over-Cook Them
Shouldn't Take More Than 10min
Scallops Are Just As Sweet
And Usually Less Expensive

They Way Over-Cook Shrimp Also

Dekster said:

What really unforgivable is how restaurants will overbread fried shrimp. You can't even tell there's a shrimp IN that giant glob of dough. One of many reasons I always order my shrimp in a dish that doesn't involve breading.

Dekster said:

Decent sized fried shrimp take 2 to 3 minutes.

I Discovered Perfect Boiled Shrimp By Accident

I Put My Frozen Shrimp In A Pot Of Cold Water
Put The Heat On High
Me, Being Me
I Pick At Everything I Cook No Matter What
I Found When The Water Was Steaming And Foamed
The Shrimp Was White, Sweet, And Non-Rubbery
Best Shrimp Ever

I Won't Order A Lobster Tail Out
But We Have Colossal Caribbean Tails At SAM'S
I'll Try It On Them
(The Scallops At SAM'S Are Giant Too)

I Discovered Perfect Boiled Shrimp By Accident

I Put My Frozen Shrimp In A Pot Of Cold Water
Put The Heat On High
Me, Being Me
I Pick At Everything I Cook No Matter What
I Found When The Water Was Steaming And Foamed
The Shrimp Was White, Sweet, And Non-Rubbery
Best Shrimp Ever

I Won't Order A Lobster Tail Out
But We Have Colossal Caribbean Tails At SAM'S
I'll Try It On Them
(The Scallops At SAM'S Are Giant Too)

Man I'm glad i live on the Gulf Coast!!!
No frozen Shrimp for me!!

I used to buy the frozen shrimp with the skins on, throw them in a hot pan with butter, lemmon, and garlic. Swish them around..voila we would all sit around and pig out.

Tonight I made a crustless chevre quiche with spinach and sun dried tomatoes.

Yeah it is pretty awesome.

I used duck and chicken eggs...I just got my first dozen duck eggs from my egg girl, and I am so excited, I'm going to be making egg dishes. I used 2 chicken eggs and 1 duck egg.

I loosely followed a good quiche video...only I used heavy cream instead of milk, and cooked it in a water bath in a roaster at 350 for 30 minutes.

Mine...it's not a great picture but trust me, there is more there than it looks like, and it is super yummy. Probably could have taken it out a couple of minutes early.. but pretty good, mmmm

54522233_2356791451000562_1701287797790343168_o.jpg

Forum List

Back