Well? What did you have for dinner tonight??

Lolol...how do you cook it?

Badly. It's like no matter what seasonings I use, there's no flavor! Of course, I got this non-recipe from my mom. I should probably dig around the net for some changes.

I put the veggies on the bottom, sliced, covered with sliced onions, meat on top, salt and pepper and like a cup of water. Cooked on low for 10-12 hours.

Thats a long time IMO. Unless it is HUGE! lol Meat is always the first thing I put in. Veggies on top. IDK if that would have any effect on it though.

But relax. Chicks meals for the first year are supposed to be bad LOL JK

Lolol...how do you cook it?

Badly. It's like no matter what seasonings I use, there's no flavor! Of course, I got this non-recipe from my mom. I should probably dig around the net for some changes.

I put the veggies on the bottom, sliced, covered with sliced onions, meat on top, salt and pepper and like a cup of water. Cooked on low for 10-12 hours.

Thats a long time IMO. Unless it is HUGE! lol Meat is always the first thing I put in. Veggies on top. IDK if that would have any effect on it though.

But relax. Chicks meals for the first year are supposed to be bad LOL JK

Hey! I'm a good cook for some things. Really good at others. But this? I have no idea what to do with a roast.

Tonight, momma and I are each cooking for ourselves. She's on a horrid low cholesterol diet and if I have to eat chicken again, I swear I will go postal. She's making chicken breast in some kind of mint sauce and I an making Kasseler Rippchen (smoked porkchops) with Spätzle. (German egg noodles)

I really don't like to cook my roast with veggies. I will add some potatoes and carrots sometimes, especially if I need to stretch it..but I don't like the flavor that root vegetables lends the meat. It's a personal thing. The broth tastes like stew instead of like au jous, and I like au jous.

But. If I'm going to put in veggies, I put them in the last hour or so. I don't cook them the whole time with it, unless I WANT to mask the taste of the meat.

In the crock pot, sometimes I put in veggies, sometimes I don't. If it's a good sized piece of meat, I don't. I'd rather cook the vegetables separate and make gravy out of the juice.

With my crock pot recipe (cr of mush, gravy mix) there's no need to make gravy, it makes itself.

Last edited:
I really don't like to cook my roast with veggies. I will add some potatoes and carrots sometimes, especially if I need to stretch it..but I don't like the flavor that root vegetables lends the meat. It's a personal thing. The broth tastes like stew instead of like au jous, and I like au jous.

But. If I'm going to put in veggies, I put them in the last hour or so. I don't cook them the whole time with it, unless I WANT to mask the taste of the meat.

In the crock pot, sometimes I put in veggies, sometimes I don't. If it's a good sized piece of meat, I don't. I'd rather cook the vegetables separate and make gravy out of the juice.

With my crock pot recipe (cr of mush, gravy mix) there's no need to make gravy, it makes itself.

I like that, maybe that's my problem. Apparently I don't like veggie-flavored meat.

Grilled salmon and steamed broccoli.

Lol..I looked it up. Chopped eggs in white sauce, served over toast.

My mom used to make them! Yummy!

I love chicken..and since I don't eat red meat I eat a lot of chicken and fish and seafood... but last night I got some take away chicken and when I cut it with my knife it squeaked... so I didn't eat it.

Cheese sandwich.

I've been watching videos on eggs benedict...

I'm having eggs and toast tonight for dinner, I think. I don't have time to make the whole thing, lol.

I've been watching videos on eggs benedict...

I'm having eggs and toast tonight for dinner, I think. I don't have time to make the whole thing, lol.

Eggs benedict is one of my faves. Using smoked salmon instead of the Canadian Bacon is a nice touch. The best plate ever was at a Chicago restaurant where they topped it with lump crab meat. :thup:

Kgirl, that's the generic description.....the one gadget my kitchen couldn't do without is an egg slicer.

It's still easy - first you make a béchamel sauce, then slip the sliced hard-boiled eggs in. I usually add some sliced 'shrooms, some finely diced onions or snipped green onions - my SIL adds crumbled bacon or cubed ham... I usually also put a couple of tablespoons of sherry in the sauce, and very tiny amounts of 'fines herbes' or some such.

That, over toast, and a green salad with veggies snuck in - YUMMMMM! : ))

Forum List

Back