Well? What did you have for dinner tonight??

I love chicken..and since I don't eat red meat I eat a lot of chicken and fish and seafood... but last night I got some take away chicken and when I cut it with my knife it squeaked... so I didn't eat it.

Cheese sandwich.

It did not wink at you did it?

I love chicken..and since I don't eat red meat I eat a lot of chicken and fish and seafood... but last night I got some take away chicken and when I cut it with my knife it squeaked... so I didn't eat it.

Cheese sandwich.

I just spoke with my supervisor, Pedro the Cook and grounds keeper, is he said you should oil the chicken it will stop squeaking....:thup:

All righty. Apparently I missed something I'm just as happy to have missed.

I have decided that I now make enough recipes that use a basic marinara sauce to make it worthwhile to cook up a huge batch of it and freeze it for future use, so I will be doing that either today or tomorrow.

Wish me luck.

Tonight we're having slow-roasted chicken with probably some spinach & potatoes... simple stuff... but still good.

Cooks.com - Recipe - Burger Trittini

1 lb. ground round
1/3 c. minced onion
1 can (6 oz.) tomato paste
1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce
1 tsp. dried basil
1 tsp. dried parsley flakes
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. granulated sugar
1/2 tsp. oregano
Dash of garlic salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
1 can (3 oz.) mushroom slices, drained
1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen, chopped spinach
1 1/2 pt. size creamed cottage cheese
1 pkg. (8 oz.) Mozzarella or Swiss cheese

Saute ground round and onion until meat loses its pink color, and onion become transparent, in 9 inch skillet. Add tomato paste, tomato sauce, basil, parsley, salt, sugar, oregano, garlic salt and pepper. Set aside 8 canned mushroom slices; add rest of slices to meat mixture. Simmer, over low heat, uncovered, 10 minutes, stirring often, or until thickened; then remove 1/2 of this meat mixture.Meanwhile, squeeze out as much liquid as possible from thawed spinach. Then, in medium bowl, with fork, combine spinach, cottage cheese and a dash of salt. With sharp knife, slice eight 2 1/2 x 1/2 x 1/4 inch strips from Mozzarella cheese; dice rest of cheese. Divide meat remaining in skillet into 4 portions and arrange in skillet with half of spinach mixture in alternating pie-shaped wedges, covering the bottom of pan. Sprinkle on diced cheese. Then, on top of diced cheese, arrange rest of meat mixture over spinach and spinach mixture over meat. Arrange cheese strips on top of meat and spinach like spokes of a wheel, separating meat from spinach. Garnish with reserved mushroom slices. Cook on thermostatic until at 225 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes. Serves 4 to 5. NOTE: Can also be baked in oven at 325 degrees for about 15 to 20 minutes.

Delia, how was the roast last night?

Blah. I'm thinking about throwing it into a blender and making soup. That'd probably break the blender. May be a food processor.

LOL! It really sounded like you cook them too long. Next time you do it, try for 4-6 hours on low(unless it is huge). Just stab it with a fork after 3 hours or so. If it goes in easily, it is done

Delia, how was the roast last night?

Blah. I'm thinking about throwing it into a blender and making soup. That'd probably break the blender. May be a food processor.

LOL! It really sounded like you cook them too long. Next time you do it, try for 4-6 hours on low(unless it is huge). Just stab it with a fork after 3 hours or so. If it goes in easily, it is done

I think so. Every time I look at the end result, I hear 'turn to stone' by ELO.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Itv6Kt8M-v4]Electric Light Orchestra Turn to stone. - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back