Well? What did you have for dinner tonight??

Most people have yalls reaction. I am weird with food. For example: I hate fried foods. I love cheese sticks and chicken strips though. It takes me forever to eat them though. With cheese sticks, I will peel off the crust and dip in marinera. Chickenstrips, same thing. Chicken strips take FOREVER lol

Last edited:
Most people have yalls reaction. I am weird with food. I hate fried foods. I love cheese sticks and chicken strips though. It takes me forever to eat them though. With cheese sticks, I will peel off the crust and dip in marinera. Chickenstrips, same thing. Chicken strips take FOREVER lol

It is what it is man, its all good.

Most people have yalls reaction. I am weird with food. I hate fried foods. I love cheese sticks and chicken strips though. It takes me forever to eat them though. With cheese sticks, I will peel off the crust and dip in marinera. Chickenstrips, same thing. Chicken strips take FOREVER lol

omg, at the same time that you were writing this, I used the term "y'alls" in a sentence on another site...

I have never used that particular term before.

completely freaky.

omg, at the same time that you were writing this, I used the term "y'alls" in a sentence on another site...

I have never used that particular term before.

completely freaky.

Great minds think alike

Shew! I am prejudice against fat. Chicken, pork, beef anything. My meat always comes out fine though. Well, besides the occasional "screw up" or what have you. Forgetting about it, pretty much lol I do not even touch ribeyes!

Sacrilege!

Chicken fat is manna from heaven.

I dont' eat it...but rendered in the bottom of the roasting pan? Oh my goodness. It's an old, old delicacy..the french have a term for it, I don't even remember what it is but it is like the best thing ever.

Roasts/steaks that have no fat are generally speaking, to the refined meat palate...pretty gnarly. No offense! We all cook to our own tastes! Sirloin (for me) is the exception..but I add a LOT of fat in the form of butter when I cook it.

Shew! I am prejudice against fat. Chicken, pork, beef anything. My meat always comes out fine though. Well, besides the occasional "screw up" or what have you. Forgetting about it, pretty much lol I do not even touch ribeyes!

Sacrilege!

Chicken fat is manna from heaven.

I dont' eat it...but rendered in the bottom of the roasting pan? Oh my goodness. It's an old, old delicacy..the french have a term for it, I don't even remember what it is but it is like the best thing ever.

Roasts/steaks that have no fat are generally speaking, to the refined meat palate...pretty gnarly. No offense! We all cook to our own tastes! Sirloin (for me) is the exception..but I add a LOT of fat in the form of butter when I cook it.

None taken. I am far from frugal when it comes to my consumption :)

Schmaltz!

"
Also called schmaltz, rendered chicken fat adds rich flavor to many recipes and makes use of parts of the bird that would otherwise be wasted. It is a must in traditional chopped liver recipes, but is also good for cooking potatoes and other root vegetables. It's also awesome to use instead of oil for making stovetop popcorn."

I have never used it for popcorn, lol. I'll bet it's good though!

Rendered Chicken Fat (Schmaltz)

Now that I'm through with all the rigamarole of starting up my new job, I have finally gotten around to starting my giant pot of marinara sauce. I carmelized my onions, and then deglazed the pan with the juices from my mushrooms and fire-roasted tomatoes. Then I added the mushrooms and garlic to the onions and let them cook slowly together for a while. I have now added the fire-roasted tomatoes and pureed tomatoes, dried spices, brown sugar, and my secret ingredient . . . semi-sweet chocolate chips. Yes, I'm completely serious. It is all now simmering slowly and will stay there for at least another two hours. When I'm ready to assemble dinner, I will brown some ground turkey and ground Italian sausage and add them to some sauce and put them over the pasta. Homemade no-knead artisan bread on the side.

Does anyone else cut the ALL the fat off of their meat right out of the package? Before cooking, marinating etc

I don't eat red meat ...but.... I always cut all the fat off from the chicken and even from some fish like salmon.

That way I can eat more chocolate! :D

Tonight we had 'field greens' salad with tomato, broiled marinated chicken breasts (orange juice/soy/sherry), with garlic brown rice with pecans and also spinach (with just a bit of butter). I had strawberries and whipped cream for dessert: the husband for some reason added his berries to some cereal and milk

It was an eclectic meal, but fun.

Tonight we had 'field greens' salad with tomato, broiled marinated chicken breasts (orange juice/soy/sherry), with garlic brown rice with pecans and also spinach (with just a bit of butter). I had strawberries and whipped cream for dessert: the husband for some reason added his berries to some cereal and milk

Delicious!

Me wants! :tongue: mmmmmmmmmmmm

The truth is.... I want to have a Chef as a good friend.

I can go shopping and all.... I want him to prepare my food.

I want that bad! LOL:tongue:

This sounds delicious.

Forum List

Back