Well? What did you have for dinner tonight??

Ok not living in Chef... just living three houses from mine? LOL :D

I made grilled salmon tonight

I am preparing these for the weekend.

Crab Empanadas~very delicate taste

IMG_3555.jpg

IMG_3562.jpg

I am the only one who eats them as my son would rather have my traditional empanadas. Tough maybe next time.

Flan for dessert....

IMG_0564_0565.jpg

IMG_0562_0564.jpg

Tonight we had 'field greens' salad with tomato, broiled marinated chicken breasts (orange juice/soy/sherry), with garlic brown rice with pecans and also spinach (with just a bit of butter). I had strawberries and whipped cream for dessert: the husband for some reason added his berries to some cereal and milk

It was an eclectic meal, but fun.

This sounds delicious.

I'm doing a 'rerun' version the day after tomorrow, but with steak tips instead....not sure if I'll use the asparagus then.

omg.... that food looks delicious... just beautiful.... *sigh*

Since my pics are the only on this page, you may be referring to my food, perhaps I am being presumptuous. If so, thank you, I cook.That is what I do...I cook for people, not for a living, just because I love to cook. I enjoy the symmetry and beauty in the ingredients I use, the flavors explode into an orgasmic event.

The Flan is time consuming but worth it and I am experimenting with different types of dough depending on what I put in the empanada.

Incidentally, you are invited for a dinner or 20.

I want flan.

thank you.

As I followed your instructions and am now lost in the woods I will have to get back to you.

FLAN

PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
WE
WANT
FLAN
NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

thank you Sir

I will make you a deal. You come to the US. I will cook whatever you want. Then you can go on with your journey.

I have tried to bring my food with me when I come to Australia, but, AUS customs would not allow that.

Tonight we had 'field greens' salad with tomato, broiled marinated chicken breasts (orange juice/soy/sherry), with garlic brown rice with pecans and also spinach (with just a bit of butter). I had strawberries and whipped cream for dessert: the husband for some reason added his berries to some cereal and milk

I love the idea of the garlic brown rice with pecans.

I like to steam my spinach with fresh mushrooms, and then add a dab of bacon grease for flavor.

Well that huge roast of last night is pretty much gone, or will be after lunch. For a late night snack, we made taquitos using beef and shredded cheese...which were immediately scarfed down by the mob.

Van de Kamp's parchment bake tilapia filets are on sale at Grocery Outlet...I was there yesterday and they had the garlic/butter ones (2 per package) for $.99! These things are great...they're already all sealed, you just stick them in the oven for a couple of minutes, and they are yummy...they're probably straight from the waters around Hong Kong and chockful of mercury, but those of us who like fish (that's all of us except my youngest boy) really like them...sooooooo....

If they're still in the freezer at the store, I'm picking up 5 of them tonight; that's 10 fillets for 6 people, 1 of which doesn't eat them and the other 2 are children. Add salad or tator tots or something...that's dinner for 6 (well 5 if you don't count the one who will eat a grilled cheese sammy) for about $7.

Not too shabby. Who needs to live mercury free?

12Apr12+004.JPG

I made crab cakes last night and have a few left over so tonight it's crab cake BLTs on home made sourdough bread.

This sounds delicious.

I'm doing a 'rerun' version the day after tomorrow, but with steak tips instead....not sure if I'll use the asparagus then.

If you want to get a change from pecans you might try Pignoli(Pine) nuts. I toast them, it gives an nice aromatic bouquet to rice or pasta.

IMG_0921_0928.jpg

Here I used them in Stir Fried Tofu, rice noodles and vegetables.

mushrooms and tofu
IMG_0919_0926.jpg

IMG_0926_0933.jpg

IMG_0924_0931.jpg

I can't afford flipping pine nuts.
Or capers. It sucks.

But we'll be just fine with our mercury bombs in a bag.

Forum List

Back