Well? What did you have for dinner tonight??

We had the perennial salad - romaine and 'shrooms with some lemony dressing - followed by 'Roast Beef Redux'. That's the leftover eye roast, sliced thin and plunged into the gravy to heat up, then arranged on bread/toast for a hot sandwich. And, because the husband asked for it, French cut green beans with a sprinkling of Craisins to give them some contrast..... Pineapple and banana chunks for dessert: pecans on his, coconut on mine.

And tea. There's always tea...... : ))

I need to arrange a couple of days to go out to my mom's house and teach her to make tamales . . . and, of course, produce a buttload of tamales for the freezer in the process. :)

But it won't be this weekend, because Sunday is the Superbowl, and I will have to work that afternoon.

I can't afford flipping pine nuts.
Or capers. It sucks.

But we'll be just fine with our mercury bombs in a bag.

The small amounts of mercury in seafood are not much of a problem for the developed brain.

Tonight it's Seared diver scallops with a roasted fennel garlic cream served with a fennel mint orange and arugula salad

Tuna sashimi with wasabi and sriacha cream sauces and a Caesar salad with grilled shrimp

Yesterday was my bday. I got asked what I wanted for dinner. I said" I want to make a lobster boil". So shrimp, 2 lobster tails, sausage, red potatoes and cheesecake. I am not shitting, the lobster tails were the size of subway footlongs. Between the 2, the package weighed 2.8 pounds. I had to cut the meat with a fork.
Just imagine how big the whole lobster was !?!

$lobster.jpg

I had pot roast with carrots, potatoes, mushrooms, onions and celery last night, cooked in the crock pot the whole night prior with some wine.

Bangers and mash. My husband loves them at the English-style pub, so he asked if I'd try to make them at home.

How do you make them at home?

Well, mashed potatoes are easy. I peel and chop the potatoes (so they cook faster), boil them, then add evaporated milk, butter, and pepper and run the hand mixer through them.

I used spicy Italian chicken sausages, because they were on sale and looked good. Brown the outside in a skillet, then put them in a baking dish, put gravy (in this case, chicken gravy because the sausages were chicken) over them, and bake until they're cooked through. Then serve on top of the mashed potatoes.

Forum List

Back