Well? What did you have for dinner tonight??

Bangers and mash. My husband loves them at the English-style pub, so he asked if I'd try to make them at home.

How do you make them at home?

Well, mashed potatoes are easy. I peel and chop the potatoes (so they cook faster), boil them, then add evaporated milk, butter, and pepper and run the hand mixer through them.

I used spicy Italian chicken sausages, because they were on sale and looked good. Brown the outside in a skillet, then put them in a baking dish, put gravy (in this case, chicken gravy because the sausages were chicken) over them, and bake until they're cooked through. Then serve on top of the mashed potatoes.

That sounds yummy, I am going to add bangers and mash to the list of things to try.

How do you make them at home?

Well, mashed potatoes are easy. I peel and chop the potatoes (so they cook faster), boil them, then add evaporated milk, butter, and pepper and run the hand mixer through them.

I used spicy Italian chicken sausages, because they were on sale and looked good. Brown the outside in a skillet, then put them in a baking dish, put gravy (in this case, chicken gravy because the sausages were chicken) over them, and bake until they're cooked through. Then serve on top of the mashed potatoes.

That sounds yummy, I am going to add bangers and mash to the list of things to try.

If you want to saute some onions in the pan after you brown the sausages and add them to the gravy, that's always a nice extra.

If you want to saute some onions in the pan after you brown the sausages and add them to the gravy, that's always a nice extra.

That does sound good.

Smoked sausage sliced into small bite size pieces, bean with bacon soup made slightly thicker and spooned over the top.

Carrots.

To die for..

HG's dinner sounds good to me!

We had homemade Chinese-style shredded 'red' turkey with onions, mushrooms and asparagus over 'Royal Blend' rice - which is some incredible rice stuff. Has real flavor and texture.....costs a small fortune (over a buck a pound) but it's worth it. Oh, small romaine with sliced almonds before, pineapple slices after, Darjeeling with. And there may be a butter cookie or so with the after-dinner tea : ))

I have two big packages of chicken legs I need to fix...but I don't feel like cooking them tonight. Maybe I'll cook some of them for the kids to munch on...it will be shake N bake, that's easiest.

But when I cook the rest, probably tomorrow, I will fry, then bake them until they fall off the bone.

grilled buffalo chicken wraps, chips and dip and LaCrema Pinot Noir :)

EDIT: Baked chicken. the wraps have slaw and is wrapped in egg roll wraps. Cant wait!

Last edited:
Tonight I will make seafood curry! with lots of prawns... yesssssssssssss

rezept-thai-curry_zpsd96e733d.jpg
>>>not mine but it'll look like that :)

Bachelor Chow!!!

One Bell pepper, slivered
One Onion Sliced and seperated
One can french style green beans
One Chorizo sausage (4 Oz)
On small can sliced mushrooms
One package of pre-cooked chicken
One small Can Prego pasta sauce.

Saute the bell peppers and onion in canola oil until carmelized. add green beans, mushrooms, chicken and chorizo to get the chorizo flavor into the other components.

Add sauce, cook until bubbly and hot.

Serve.

Pan roasted bone in, skin on Chix breasts, with a classic sauce Chausser.....Roasted, truffle oil fingerling potatoes,....hericot verts sauteed in butter, w/ garlic and shallots.

Bachelor Chow!!!

One Bell pepper, slivered
One Onion Sliced and seperated
One can french style green beans
One Chorizo sausage (4 Oz)
On small can sliced mushrooms
One package of pre-cooked chicken
One small Can Prego pasta sauce.

Saute the bell peppers and onion in canola oil until carmelized. add green beans, mushrooms, chicken and chorizo to get the chorizo flavor into the other components.

Add sauce, cook until bubbly and hot.

Serve.

Makes me wish I was a bachelor.

Shake N Bake chicken legs and thighs..tator tots, corn, lol...the kids enjoyed it.

I didn't have chicken shake n bake, I used pork...I swear it worked better but maybe it's my imagination and it's exactly the same thing.

I put the pieces pretty close and cook them at 350 for a good hour, hour and a half......I put the skin side down (thighs) and you know that worked pretty good. I think it cooked down better than it does if it's skin side up.

Shake N Bake chicken legs and thighs..tator tots, corn, lol...the kids enjoyed it.

I didn't have chicken shake n bake, I used pork...I swear it worked better but maybe it's my imagination and it's exactly the same thing.

I put the pieces pretty close and cook them at 350 for a good hour, hour and a half......I put the skin side down (thighs) and you know that worked pretty good. I think it cooked down better than it does if it's skin side up.

I've always wondered about the chicken skin up vs down controversy that has torn our nation apart.

I made a chopped salad, salmon burgers, and home fries (sliced potatos baked), and Girradelli brownies for dessert.

And yes, they had nuts because I fucking like nuts in my brownies and if you don't like them, then for christssakes you don't have to eat them you ungrateful little shites.

I've always wondered about the chicken skin up vs down controversy that has torn our nation apart.

I made a chopped salad, salmon burgers, and home fries (sliced potatos baked), and Girradelli brownies for dessert.

And yes, they had nuts because I fucking like nuts in my brownies and if you don't like them, then for christssakes you don't have to eat them you ungrateful little shites.

Ah the nuts vs. no nuts brownie war. Comes in 2nd place to the beans vs. no beans chili war.

Forum List

Back