Wendys reacts to wage hikes: Self serve kiosks; Price spikes; Firing employees; DANG IT!!

Wendy’s Serves Up Big Kiosk Expansion As Wage Hikes Hit Fast Food

The wage hikes/min wage "Fight for 15" crowd has made Wendy's react. They're my 2nd favorite behind Chic Fil A.

But....all 6000 stores are getting self serve kiosks. Prices are spiking (already been going up). And.....they're firing a bunch of employees.

Hey libs.....if you can get 2 workers for $8 each an hour....then make it $15 each....the business will just have 1 worker for $15....not 2 for $30.

THIS isn't how it was supposed to work was it libs????

View attachment 74600
Well hey now your fatass can order without having to talk to anyone!

Kiosks were on their way anyways. Robots have been taking jobs for decades.
STFU
:fu:

I'm not celebrating people losing their jobs. I'm celebrating liberalism once again being proven a failure.

We told yall min wage hikes would result in this.

Being right is fun.

Sure you are. It’s your only goal. You know this. You have to shade the truth to get there but nobody would go through such efforts to “get there” unless their goal was to smear someone.

In fact, you lied in the OP.

You said this:
But....all 6000 stores are getting self serve kiosks. Prices are spiking (already been going up). And.....they're firing a bunch of employees.

First, the technology will be made available to all franchisees according to YOUR source. That means that they may or may not get them. Bear faced lie.

‘They’re firing a bunch of employees” is not supported by the source in any way shape or form.

Further, the raise in wages has not taken place yet.

It’s a classic case of right wing blowhards looking for something to post and of course, lying through their teeth.

The only reason to post this nonsense is to celebrate people losing their jobs and to satisfy some bizarre need you have to try to be correct for once.

You are not illiterate; even you know the Obama administrations CBO projects that a wage hike would cost 400,000 to 750,000 minimum wage earners their jobs. That is significant when you realize that less than 2 million people are paid minimum wage.

As far as I am concerned, you are HEARTLESS! Your ideology is over riding your compassion.

Let me explain something------------->winning a Presidential election doesn't make all your ideas, or any of your ideas correct, it just makes them popular. A President who has EVER been elected to these United States, has not yet been inaugurated that at least in one quarter, he enjoyed 3% growth...............until this one named BARACK, HUSSEIN, OBAMA! He still has 9 months-) Lets see if he gets one quarter, or goes down in history as the worst President as far as economics, EVER!

So keep floating those lefty ideas. Popular? I am sure for the ignorant, they are. But destructive? Absolutely. But what do you care, you are an elitist.

There are about 3.5 million people making minimum wage.

Less than a million will lose their job while the 2-3 million who are still employed are making more? I guess that is capitalism. Nobody said its pretty.

What has never been explained was that if the McDonalds down the street is raising it’s wage to $15.00 and the Burger King down the street is raising it’s wage to $15.00, they are both facing the same increase in cost. Prices will rise to cover it and maintain the profit margin for the business owner. Happens all the time.

Celebrating the 400-750 thousand people losing their jobs is a sickness though.
What happens to the guys already making $15.00 an hour now? All a sudden they are making minimum wage. The price of everything going up. It's gonna hurt more people then it helps. Just like liberalism does daily.
More than 60% of American workers make $20/hour or less. All of them are going to demand a raise when MW is $15/hour. But, you know, that's not going to be a problem because businesses are attached to an endless supply of cash...
The banks, anyway.

Sure you are. It’s your only goal. You know this. You have to shade the truth to get there but nobody would go through such efforts to “get there” unless their goal was to smear someone.

You said this:
First, the technology will be made available to all franchisees according to YOUR source. That means that they may or may not get them. Bear faced lie.

‘They’re firing a bunch of employees” is not supported by the source in any way shape or form.

It’s a classic case of right wing blowhards looking for something to post and of course, lying through their teeth.

The only reason to post this nonsense is to celebrate people losing their jobs and to satisfy some bizarre need you have to try to be correct for once.

You are not illiterate; even you know the Obama administrations CBO projects that a wage hike would cost 400,000 to 750,000 minimum wage earners their jobs. That is significant when you realize that less than 2 million people are paid minimum wage.

As far as I am concerned, you are HEARTLESS! Your ideology is over riding your compassion.

Let me explain something------------->winning a Presidential election doesn't make all your ideas, or any of your ideas correct, it just makes them popular. A President who has EVER been elected to these United States, has not yet been inaugurated that at least in one quarter, he enjoyed 3% growth...............until this one named BARACK, HUSSEIN, OBAMA! He still has 9 months-) Lets see if he gets one quarter, or goes down in history as the worst President as far as economics, EVER!

So keep floating those lefty ideas. Popular? I am sure for the ignorant, they are. But destructive? Absolutely. But what do you care, you are an elitist.

Less than a million will lose their job while the 2-3 million who are still employed are making more? I guess that is capitalism. Nobody said its pretty.

What has never been explained was that if the McDonalds down the street is raising it’s wage to $15.00 and the Burger King down the street is raising it’s wage to $15.00, they are both facing the same increase in cost. Prices will rise to cover it and maintain the profit margin for the business owner. Happens all the time.

What happens to the guys already making $15.00 an hour now? All a sudden they are making minimum wage. The price of everything going up. It's gonna hurt more people then it helps. Just like liberalism does daily.
More than 60% of American workers make $20/hour or less. All of them are going to demand a raise when MW is $15/hour. But, you know, that's not going to be a problem because businesses are attached to an endless supply of cash...
The banks, anyway.
Endless printing of money is another driver of inflation.

In this scenario of automation, at least these chains are no longer subsidized by public funding (welfare to underpaid employees).
According to the 'left' and 'right' dualism, this should please everyone.
Instead, it pleases no one.
We have to find another model for human value and use of wealth.
Huh? People should be subsidized when they start out in the marketplace? When did that become a given? Your premise is flawed since it assumes everyone has the right to fund their lifestyle. Back in the day I had room mates to share expenses until I moved up and could afford a place of my own. It's what people did.
The post infers nothing of the kind. Your response is another example, so rampant here, of people reading into rather than reading.
"another model of human value and use of wealth" implies exactly that, NEW models.
What is flawed is that societies continue to enforce economic systems that essentially regard humans as inferior robots.
Your problem is your inability to understand the ramifications of what you say. It isn't people reading into it, it's you not being able to see the inevitable next step. Most jobs can't be replaced by robots, now or in the near future. If it can, you might be in deep doodoo given the their wage demands. That's what we are discussing.

The wage hikes/min wage "Fight for 15" crowd has made Wendy's react. They're my 2nd favorite behind Chic Fil A.

Hey libs.....if you can get 2 workers for $8 each an hour....then make it $15 each....the business will just have 1 worker for $15....not 2 for $30.

View attachment 74600

STFU
:fu:
No thanks

View attachment 74600

I know. It's wonderful. I like the Wendy's grilled chicken sandwich and their potato with sour cream...unique from a fast food joint.

But...I hated having to interact with mostly Fight for 15 idiot leftists at the counter. Usually very dumb, rude and always fucked up my order.

Now...it's easier! Yay!
Grilled chicken sandwich? Fuck that the spicy chicken filet is the way to go.

Hopefully the cooks at your Wendy's will remember who the assholes are, and keep spitting in your sandwich.
Liberals are nasty people. And, you just said so.

View attachment 74600

Wendy's shit has always been high, thier prices for that crappy shit has always been out of reach for my budget, so the greedy bastards can shut all the fuckin joints down...this is america....where hamburger and fries joints are on every gotdamn corner in this country....and if they want to role dat way and fuck their employee's.....good luck going out of business, cause Kiosk can't cook and can't buy burgers!!

The bizarre desire of the right to celebrate people losing their jobs rears its ugly head again.

I'm not celebrating people losing their jobs. I'm celebrating liberalism once again being proven a failure.

Being right is fun.

You said this:

Krogers is a huge food chain in the south, all have Kiosk....yet Krogers, always always is hiring, always.....and its a union branch and they pay their employees well, so this bs, as you noted, is just another right wing attempt and only God knows why....to champion Wall Street and its greed. Honestly, the south houses some of the poorest white trashy in the nation and yet, these GOP nuts all poor as shit, is stressin over raising the min wage, when have these lazy fucks don't work but are on some form of gov aide.

The bizarre desire of the right to celebrate people losing their jobs rears its ugly head again.

Being right is fun.

You said this:

Krogers is a huge food chain in the south, all have Kiosk....yet Krogers, always always is hiring, always.....and its a union branch and they pay their employees well, so this bs, as you noted, is just another right wing attempt and only God knows why....to champion Wall Street and its greed. Honestly, the south houses some of the poorest white trashy in the nation and yet, these GOP nuts all poor as shit, is stressin over raising the min wage, when have these lazy fucks don't work but are on some form of gov aide.
No one ever said companies will not hire, what was said, moron, was that they will hire less. They will not need a person to take your order, take your money, or serve your food. All they will need is a person to cook your food. Got the picture now?

No, we are gloating. We told you raising minimum wages wasnt smart, but you wouldnt listen. Now we get to make fun of you for being stupid.Understand now?

Being right is fun.

You said this:

You need to switch to decaf. Most fast food "restaurants" aren't owned by Wall Street. Most are locally owned and operated with slim margins, due to the competition you just pointed out. Ordering might as well be done without human help as it is. If the menu board had buttons and your arms were long enough all you'd have to do is reach over and punch what you want.

The technology is here now, probably will be done with a phone app soon enough and now the motivation is here. It was a foregone conclusion.

View attachment 74600
Anyone could have predicted this would happen because you cant get rich by demand. However, the glee you have expressed over people losing their source of income shows you are more than just ignorant. Youre a piece of shit.

View attachment 74600
Anyone could have predicted this would happen because you cant get rich by demand. However, the glee you have expressed over people losing their source of income shows you are more than just ignorant. Youre a piece of shit.

It is disturbing.
The corrupt media working hand in hand with a corrupt self-serving U.S. government, have done a truly remarkable job in the past 20 years to successfully divide Americans into two camps; fully convinced that everything the other side does is the reason for everything that is bad. Therefore neither puts a critical eye on their own side, so the leaders of each can basically do whatever they want without affecting their chance of getting elected.
Corporatism is absolutely destroying the American way of life for over 93% of the population. Right now, private property ownership by the elite is at it's highest in 86 years..and still climbing. And the U.S. Government is complicit in every way....BOTH F*CKING PARTIES.
But we would all rather argue about men in dresses using what bathroom.
Only in America.

He isn't celebrating people losing jobs...he is gleeful about yet another failed social engineering program.
They never work.

Considering the “program” hasn’t started…
Considering the lies in the OP
And considering without the “program”, business owners would be paying $1.00 an hour (or less)….

FAIL

No, we are gloating. We told you raising minimum wages wasnt smart, but you wouldnt listen. Now we get to make fun of you for being stupid.Understand now?

Being right is fun.

You said this:

Father worked for Kroger for 31 years…back when it was Heinke’s and Pillot (sp?). Well acquainted with Kroger. Still runs a union shop in Texas and was still expanding from the last I heard.

Pop wasn’t in the union but got paid the same wages they did (never quite under stood why the UFCW didn’t correct that). He worked at the Houston DC on Gelhorn drive most of that time.

Ahh memories.

They had the kiosks 10 years plus prior to anyone talking about raising the MW….there is no cause/effect relationship.

Being right is fun.

You said this:

Dumb post.

I’m not in that crowd but if I was, I wouldn’t be demanding a raise at all. Our transporters make less than that (men and women who bring patients into our facilities and take them out after their health is restored) and they will be raised to $15. We’re not going to simply throw our hands up and tell people to walk out of the facility. We will figure out how to incorporate higher wages into our business plan.

And The idiocy of the argument that this is some sort of federal lightning bolt that hits only during election season is incredibly daft. We’re under wage pressure everyday. Our competitors put a $5K signing bonus on the table for some nurses at one time if I recall. Guess what we had to do….examine our retention pay; offer seniority sweetness, and yes, tell some of the folks that we can’t afford them at that rate. Hate to see good talent walk out the door but its a fact of life.

Paying burger flippers $15 per hour is not sustainable. But if that does come to fruition and they are making $15 an hour, the world won’t end, there won’t be mass unemployment and the market will correct itself with higher prices and yes, some job trimming. Those that wish to stay involved in the low end fast food industry will figure out a way to make a profit.

View attachment 74600

I know. It's wonderful. I like the Wendy's grilled chicken sandwich and their potato with sour cream...unique from a fast food joint.

But...I hated having to interact with mostly Fight for 15 idiot leftists at the counter. Usually very dumb, rude and always fucked up my order.

Now...it's easier! Yay!
Grilled chicken sandwich? Fuck that the spicy chicken filet is the way to go.

Hopefully the cooks at your Wendy's will remember who the assholes are, and keep spitting in your sandwich.

Yuck how do you eat that thing? It's like sprinkling taco seasoning on an shoe. Grilled chicken all the way.

They won't remember. The kiosk takes the order. Soon a machine will cook the food too!
A machine is already cranking out tens of thousands of PERFECTLY cooked orders in thousands of FF outlets around the globe.
No dopers with their filthy hands after they've taken a shit handling your food anymore.
No illiterates who never learned to tie a shoelace taking your order.

You said this:

Dumb post.

I’m not in that crowd but if I was, I wouldn’t be demanding a raise at all. Our transporters make less than that (men and women who bring patients into our facilities and take them out after their health is restored) and they will be raised to $15. We’re not going to simply throw our hands up and tell people to walk out of the facility. We will figure out how to incorporate higher wages into our business plan.

And The idiocy of the argument that this is some sort of federal lightning bolt that hits only during election season is incredibly daft. We’re under wage pressure everyday. Our competitors put a $5K signing bonus on the table for some nurses at one time if I recall. Guess what we had to do….examine our retention pay; offer seniority sweetness, and yes, tell some of the folks that we can’t afford them at that rate. Hate to see good talent walk out the door but its a fact of life.

Paying burger flippers $15 per hour is not sustainable. But if that does come to fruition and they are making $15 an hour, the world won’t end, there won’t be mass unemployment and the market will correct itself with higher prices and yes, some job trimming. Those that wish to stay involved in the low end fast food industry will figure out a way to make a profit.

You had me until you minimized, or so it seemed, the effects of a $15 min. wage.
What a person makes is only relevant to what their cost of living is.
So if a person make $10 an hour, and their cost of living is $11 per hour...and because of that they are subsidized by social programs...they get a raise to $15 an hour, but very quickly as inflation caused by that raise for everyone, their cost of living is $17 an hour....how did they "win"? And if that $15 an hour minimum also caused some to lose their job entirely....how did anyone "win"?

Forum List

Back