Wendys reacts to wage hikes: Self serve kiosks; Price spikes; Firing employees; DANG IT!!

Wendy’s Serves Up Big Kiosk Expansion As Wage Hikes Hit Fast Food

The wage hikes/min wage "Fight for 15" crowd has made Wendy's react. They're my 2nd favorite behind Chic Fil A.

But....all 6000 stores are getting self serve kiosks. Prices are spiking (already been going up). And.....they're firing a bunch of employees.

Hey libs.....if you can get 2 workers for $8 each an hour....then make it $15 each....the business will just have 1 worker for $15....not 2 for $30.

THIS isn't how it was supposed to work was it libs????

View attachment 74600
Well hey now your fatass can order without having to talk to anyone!

Kiosks were on their way anyways. Robots have been taking jobs for decades.

How is an ordering kiosk a robot?

Wendy’s Serves Up Big Kiosk Expansion As Wage Hikes Hit Fast Food

The wage hikes/min wage "Fight for 15" crowd has made Wendy's react. They're my 2nd favorite behind Chic Fil A.

But....all 6000 stores are getting self serve kiosks. Prices are spiking (already been going up). And.....they're firing a bunch of employees.

Hey libs.....if you can get 2 workers for $8 each an hour....then make it $15 each....the business will just have 1 worker for $15....not 2 for $30.

THIS isn't how it was supposed to work was it libs????

View attachment 74600

How is an ordering kiosk a robot?
ro·bot
ˈrōˌbät,ˈrōbət/
noun
  1. a machine capable of carrying out a complex series of actions automatically, especially one programmable by a computer.

You had me until you minimized, or so it seemed, the effects of a $15 min. wage.
Whatever the “going rate” is, businesses have long since found a way to be profitable. Whether or not it’s the FMW or just what the market will bear; it’s still money being paid to employees.

Some people don’t like the federal mandate. Some do not mind the federal mandate. Andrew Jackson’s face doesn’t smile when it’s being passed through the pay window to a skilled craftsman making $42 an hour and frown when Jane Doe “got over” thanks to Uncle Sam and is making whatever the current FMW is (7.50 an hour). To the business owner, both are being paid with her/his money.

If the FMW raises to $15 an hour and you have 80% unskilled labor, yes, you’re going to have to trim some staff. You may have to get out of that low-end space all together. But those who stay will find a way to make a profit. What you’ll likely see happen is workers becoming contractors and paid on that basis. I do contract work from time to time…it pays nowhere near minimum wage in some cases.

Pheh...we live in a Plutocratic Corporatocracy candy.
If Corporate Store #1's total wages is, say $48,000 a month...and after $15 an hour makes it $103,000...what do you think will happen? If labor cost is 60% of the cost of ownership, then it MUST remain at 60%. So you will have to raise the revenue, and reduce staff.
So...in other words - it is one giant exercise in futility. No one wins, and if anyone does - it will be the corporate owner/share holders...that is for damn sure.
A lack of wages is not the problem. A lack of better opportunity of employment is. And no increase in minimum wage is going to change that.
There is no must anything even though I get your point. Business will adjust like you say by raising prices and cutting staff if their profit margin is not acceptable. If it gets too bad they will just close up shop. i would guess 99.8% of for profit businesses are just that. Most want to maximize profit vs paying higher wages. The sad thing is that employee wages and other forms of compensation are tax deductible in most cases so its really a paper loss.

You seem proud of your ignorance. You don't have a clue as to what a business expense is with regard to being tax deductible.

Do you intentionally make a fool of yourself or do you really not know?
Your ignorance is appalling. I always seem to make you look like an idiot without even trying. Its weird how I wasnt even talking to you and you still broke your neck to seize the opportunity to look like a dummy. :laugh:

Publication 535 (2015), Business Expenses

"You can generally deduct the amount you pay your employees for the services they perform. The pay may be in cash, property, or services. It may include wages, salaries, bonuses, commissions, or other non-cash compensation such as vacation allowances and fringe benefits. For information about deducting employment taxes, see chapter 5."

You are sounding like a tax deduction is a tax credit. It is not.

My income is $100,000 for the year, my tax rate for that is 30% I pay $30,000 in taxes. All hypothetical but the same applies regardless of the income or rates.

Of that $100,000 of income, now I pay $10,000 in wages to someone. So my net income is $90,000. At 30% tax rate, I now pay $27,000 in taxes a savings of $3,000 in taxes but at a cost of $10,000 in wages.

The problem with an ordering kiosk it doesn't save that much labor.

During the lunch rush, there is always going to be that idiot who can't figure out how to operate it.

They can have 10 of those kiosk's and, guess what, next time that person will know how to operate the computer.

Whatever the “going rate” is, businesses have long since found a way to be profitable. Whether or not it’s the FMW or just what the market will bear; it’s still money being paid to employees.

Some people don’t like the federal mandate. Some do not mind the federal mandate. Andrew Jackson’s face doesn’t smile when it’s being passed through the pay window to a skilled craftsman making $42 an hour and frown when Jane Doe “got over” thanks to Uncle Sam and is making whatever the current FMW is (7.50 an hour). To the business owner, both are being paid with her/his money.

If the FMW raises to $15 an hour and you have 80% unskilled labor, yes, you’re going to have to trim some staff. You may have to get out of that low-end space all together. But those who stay will find a way to make a profit. What you’ll likely see happen is workers becoming contractors and paid on that basis. I do contract work from time to time…it pays nowhere near minimum wage in some cases.

Pheh...we live in a Plutocratic Corporatocracy candy.
If Corporate Store #1's total wages is, say $48,000 a month...and after $15 an hour makes it $103,000...what do you think will happen? If labor cost is 60% of the cost of ownership, then it MUST remain at 60%. So you will have to raise the revenue, and reduce staff.
So...in other words - it is one giant exercise in futility. No one wins, and if anyone does - it will be the corporate owner/share holders...that is for damn sure.
A lack of wages is not the problem. A lack of better opportunity of employment is. And no increase in minimum wage is going to change that.
There is no must anything even though I get your point. Business will adjust like you say by raising prices and cutting staff if their profit margin is not acceptable. If it gets too bad they will just close up shop. i would guess 99.8% of for profit businesses are just that. Most want to maximize profit vs paying higher wages. The sad thing is that employee wages and other forms of compensation are tax deductible in most cases so its really a paper loss.

You seem proud of your ignorance. You don't have a clue as to what a business expense is with regard to being tax deductible.

Do you intentionally make a fool of yourself or do you really not know?
Your ignorance is appalling. I always seem to make you look like an idiot without even trying. Its weird how I wasnt even talking to you and you still broke your neck to seize the opportunity to look like a dummy. :laugh:

Publication 535 (2015), Business Expensesayees for the services they perform. The pay may be in cash, property, or services. It may include wages, salaries, bonuses, commissions, or other non-cash compensation such as vacation allowances and fringe benefits. For information about deducting employment taxes, see chapter 5."

You are sounding like a tax deduction is a tax credit. It is not.

My income is $100,000 for the year, my tax rate for that is 30% I pay $30,000 in taxes. All hypothetical but the same applies regardless of the income or rates.

Of that $100,000 of income, now I pay $10,000 in wages to someone. So my net income is $90,000. At 30% tax rate, I now pay $27,000 in taxes a savings of $3,000 in taxes but at a cost of $10,000 in wages.

That has nothing to do with the point you are an idiot and didnt realize that employee wages are tax deductions.
laugh.gif

There are about 3.5 million people making minimum wage.

Less than a million will lose their job while the 2-3 million who are still employed are making more? I guess that is capitalism. Nobody said its pretty.

What has never been explained was that if the McDonalds down the street is raising it’s wage to $15.00 and the Burger King down the street is raising it’s wage to $15.00, they are both facing the same increase in cost. Prices will rise to cover it and maintain the profit margin for the business owner. Happens all the time.

Celebrating the 400-750 thousand people losing their jobs is a sickness though.

No that IS NOT capitalism.

Capitalism wouldn't pay people $15 an hour for a job whose labor is only worth $7.25.

But using the power of government to force that....then causes the market to adjust.

And in this case....the adjustment is firing a bunch of under 30 lefties.

So everyone who gets fired is a liberal?

Mostly. Liberals are way worse workers so when someone gets fired it's usually the worst worker....so....the liberals. Not because they're liberals. But because they usually suck at work.
Having owned five FF national franchises I will attest to the fact that 99% of the fucking worst employees I ever had were LIBS!
Late/stoned/drunk/thieves/filthy illiterates.
Before I sold my franchises I had replaced the fucking LIB vermin with 'fifty-something' clean sober on time 'nose down tail up 100% REPs.
The new owners were amazed at how efficient and spotless clean the outlets were.
You're still lying, huh? Last time, you said you owned "seven" FF franchises. Now it's "five." :eusa_doh: Wassamatter, don't you know how many FF franchises you owned? :lmao:

I sold my seven FF franchises when I was 57 and retired a multimillionaire.

Every conservative here outside of Grumps is an eccentric millionaire...didn't you know that?

During the lunch rush, there is always going to be that idiot who can't figure out how to operate it.

Is his name Markle?

They can have 10 of those kiosk's and, guess what, next time that person will know how to operate the computer.

One, you wouldn't have room for them and 2, the expense of having 10 of them would probably outweigh the value of not paying a kid a decent wage.

it also wouldn't help the Drive Through traffic...

One, you wouldn't have room for them and 2, the expense of having 10 of them would probably outweigh the value of not paying a kid a decent wage.

it also wouldn't help the Drive Through traffic...
Is that you Joey?
wendys-worker-allegedly-dropped-a-half-smoked-marijuana-joint-into-a-customers-hamburger.jpg

Forum List

Back