Wendys reacts to wage hikes: Self serve kiosks; Price spikes; Firing employees; DANG IT!!

The bizarre desire of the right to celebrate people losing their jobs rears its ugly head again.

I'm not celebrating people losing their jobs. I'm celebrating liberalism once again being proven a failure.

We told yall min wage hikes would result in this.

Being right is fun.

Sure you are. It’s your only goal. You know this. You have to shade the truth to get there but nobody would go through such efforts to “get there” unless their goal was to smear someone.

In fact, you lied in the OP.

You said this:
But....all 6000 stores are getting self serve kiosks. Prices are spiking (already been going up). And.....they're firing a bunch of employees.

First, the technology will be made available to all franchisees according to YOUR source. That means that they may or may not get them. Bear faced lie.

‘They’re firing a bunch of employees” is not supported by the source in any way shape or form.

Further, the raise in wages has not taken place yet.

It’s a classic case of right wing blowhards looking for something to post and of course, lying through their teeth.

The only reason to post this nonsense is to celebrate people losing their jobs and to satisfy some bizarre need you have to try to be correct for once.

You are not illiterate; even you know the Obama administrations CBO projects that a wage hike would cost 400,000 to 750,000 minimum wage earners their jobs. That is significant when you realize that less than 2 million people are paid minimum wage.

As far as I am concerned, you are HEARTLESS! Your ideology is over riding your compassion.

Let me explain something------------->winning a Presidential election doesn't make all your ideas, or any of your ideas correct, it just makes them popular. A President who has EVER been elected to these United States, has not yet been inaugurated that at least in one quarter, he enjoyed 3% growth...............until this one named BARACK, HUSSEIN, OBAMA! He still has 9 months-) Lets see if he gets one quarter, or goes down in history as the worst President as far as economics, EVER!

So keep floating those lefty ideas. Popular? I am sure for the ignorant, they are. But destructive? Absolutely. But what do you care, you are an elitist.

There are about 3.5 million people making minimum wage.

Less than a million will lose their job while the 2-3 million who are still employed are making more? I guess that is capitalism. Nobody said its pretty.

What has never been explained was that if the McDonalds down the street is raising it’s wage to $15.00 and the Burger King down the street is raising it’s wage to $15.00, they are both facing the same increase in cost. Prices will rise to cover it and maintain the profit margin for the business owner. Happens all the time.

Celebrating the 400-750 thousand people losing their jobs is a sickness though.
What happens to the guys already making $15.00 an hour now? All a sudden they are making minimum wage. The price of everything going up. It's gonna hurt more people then it helps. Just like liberalism does daily.

Technology leaping ahead at breakneck speeds. Low end transient employees demanding very respectable wages. What could go wrong?
15 an hour ain't squat you fucken dumshit
It's good money around here. Your puss filled brain won't change it.
Yeah, way back in the early 1980's, 15 an hour was considered pretty good. But that's going on nearly 40 years ago dumass.
That's $2,400 a month. It isn't high income but it's pretty good money, especially for brain dead work. Your putrid puss filled skull changes nothing in reality.

Well, maybe someday you can rise to that same "brain dead" level so you can find out for yourself just how hard it is to live on 15 an hour
See above.

What happens to the guys already making $15.00 an hour now? All a sudden they are making minimum wage. The price of everything going up. It's gonna hurt more people then it helps. Just like liberalism does daily.

He'll get a bump also and then the whole fucking country is just going to go out of business because the greedy scumbag workers are making too damn much!

In this scenario of automation, at least these chains are no longer subsidized by public funding (welfare to underpaid employees).
According to the 'left' and 'right' dualism, this should please everyone.
Instead, it pleases no one.
We have to find another model for human value and use of wealth.
Huh? People should be subsidized when they start out in the marketplace? When did that become a given? Your premise is flawed since it assumes everyone has the right to fund their lifestyle. Back in the day I had room mates to share expenses until I moved up and could afford a place of my own. It's what people did.

The bizarre desire of the right to celebrate people losing their jobs rears its ugly head again.

I'm not celebrating people losing their jobs. I'm celebrating liberalism once again being proven a failure.

Being right is fun.

Sure you are. It’s your only goal. You know this. You have to shade the truth to get there but nobody would go through such efforts to “get there” unless their goal was to smear someone.

You said this:
But....all 6000 stores are getting self serve kiosks. Prices are spiking (already been going up). And.....they're firing a bunch of employees.

First, the technology will be made available to all franchisees according to YOUR source. That means that they may or may not get them. Bear faced lie.

‘They’re firing a bunch of employees” is not supported by the source in any way shape or form.

It’s a classic case of right wing blowhards looking for something to post and of course, lying through their teeth.

The only reason to post this nonsense is to celebrate people losing their jobs and to satisfy some bizarre need you have to try to be correct for once.

You are not illiterate; even you know the Obama administrations CBO projects that a wage hike would cost 400,000 to 750,000 minimum wage earners their jobs. That is significant when you realize that less than 2 million people are paid minimum wage.

As far as I am concerned, you are HEARTLESS! Your ideology is over riding your compassion.

Let me explain something------------->winning a Presidential election doesn't make all your ideas, or any of your ideas correct, it just makes them popular. A President who has EVER been elected to these United States, has not yet been inaugurated that at least in one quarter, he enjoyed 3% growth...............until this one named BARACK, HUSSEIN, OBAMA! He still has 9 months-) Lets see if he gets one quarter, or goes down in history as the worst President as far as economics, EVER!

So keep floating those lefty ideas. Popular? I am sure for the ignorant, they are. But destructive? Absolutely. But what do you care, you are an elitist.

Less than a million will lose their job while the 2-3 million who are still employed are making more? I guess that is capitalism. Nobody said its pretty.

What has never been explained was that if the McDonalds down the street is raising it’s wage to $15.00 and the Burger King down the street is raising it’s wage to $15.00, they are both facing the same increase in cost. Prices will rise to cover it and maintain the profit margin for the business owner. Happens all the time.

More than 60% of American workers make $20/hour or less. All of them are going to demand a raise when MW is $15/hour. But, you know, that's not going to be a problem because businesses are attached to an endless supply of cash...

He'll get a bump also and then the whole fucking country is just going to go out of business because the greedy scumbag workers are making too damn much!
No, the price of everything goes up. Then people making minimum wage are back to the way they are now. Minimum wage jobs are for people with minimum experience.

I always find it interesting that many liberals jump on the you hate wagon. Do you not realize the person who took the risk to invest in the business and often works far more hours than any employee has a lot more at stake here? Why do you hate that person so much? If it were not for their efforts, no job would exist to argue about.

It is just the newest angle for the entitlement crowd.

Their wages are determined by market demand. People will only pay so much for a fast food meal. Most franchises are operating with slim margins so your passive aggressive response aside, how do you propose to fund those that loose their jobs?

Being right is fun.

You said this:

More than 60% of American workers make $20/hour or less. All of them are going to demand a raise when MW is $15/hour. But, you know, that's not going to be a problem because businesses are attached to an endless supply of cash...
That's what liberals think. I hope they are ready to pay more for all basic services.

Wages have been stagnant or actually decreased in America. It seems to me those who have been working in the economy at higher skilled jobs should be the first to see a gain.

No, the price of everything goes up. Then people making minimum wage are back to the way they are now. Minimum wage jobs are for people with minimum experience.
MW increases are merely temporary bumps until the market adjusts and prices rise to accommodate the change. Raise it now, and in 5 years they'll be back with the exact same arguments and the cycle starts all over again.

Here's a thought experiment. If arbitrarily forcing employers to pay $15/hour for work that's not worth that much is a good thing, why not just raise it to $100/hour and eliminate poverty altogether?

That leads to the only conclusion that actually makes sense. The MW only works as long as it's low enough to not really matter.

Wendy’s Serves Up Big Kiosk Expansion As Wage Hikes Hit Fast Food

The wage hikes/min wage "Fight for 15" crowd has made Wendy's react. They're my 2nd favorite behind Chic Fil A.

Hey libs.....if you can get 2 workers for $8 each an hour....then make it $15 each....the business will just have 1 worker for $15....not 2 for $30.

THIS isn't how it was supposed to work was it libs????

View attachment 74600
Well hey now your fatass can order without having to talk to anyone!

Kiosks were on their way anyways. Robots have been taking jobs for decades.
STFU

Wages have been stagnant or actually decreased in America. It seems to me those who have been working in the economy at higher skilled jobs should be the first to see a gain.
They do. I have received an increase of some kind every year that I've worked, including this last year, in which I was laid off and got another job at higher pay.

In this scenario of automation, at least these chains are no longer subsidized by public funding (welfare to underpaid employees).
According to the 'left' and 'right' dualism, this should please everyone.
Instead, it pleases no one.
We have to find another model for human value and use of wealth.
Huh? People should be subsidized when they start out in the marketplace? When did that become a given? Your premise is flawed since it assumes everyone has the right to fund their lifestyle. Back in the day I had room mates to share expenses until I moved up and could afford a place of my own. It's what people did.
The post infers nothing of the kind. Your response is another example, so rampant here, of people reading into rather than reading.
"another model of human value and use of wealth" implies exactly that, NEW models.
What is flawed is that societies continue to enforce economic systems that essentially regard humans as inferior robots.

Low
Crying about a pay raise at a fast food restaurant is like asking for a better cabin on the Titanic. It's still getting you no where and the real issue isn't addressed.

There need to be low paying jibs in the world. When they exist, opportunity exists for everybody.

The post infers nothing of the kind. Your response is another example, so rampant here, of people reading into rather than reading.
"another model of human value and use of wealth" implies exactly that, NEW models.
What is flawed is that societies continue to enforce economic systems that essentially regard humans as inferior robots.

They're all about human rights.

Until it comes to paying them.

Forum List

Back