Wendys reacts to wage hikes: Self serve kiosks; Price spikes; Firing employees; DANG IT!!

The bizarre desire of the right to celebrate people losing their jobs rears its ugly head again.

I'm not celebrating people losing their jobs. I'm celebrating liberalism once again being proven a failure.

We told yall min wage hikes would result in this.

Being right is fun.

Sure you are. It’s your only goal. You know this. You have to shade the truth to get there but nobody would go through such efforts to “get there” unless their goal was to smear someone.

In fact, you lied in the OP.

You said this:
But....all 6000 stores are getting self serve kiosks. Prices are spiking (already been going up). And.....they're firing a bunch of employees.

First, the technology will be made available to all franchisees according to YOUR source. That means that they may or may not get them. Bear faced lie.

‘They’re firing a bunch of employees” is not supported by the source in any way shape or form.

Further, the raise in wages has not taken place yet.

It’s a classic case of right wing blowhards looking for something to post and of course, lying through their teeth.

The only reason to post this nonsense is to celebrate people losing their jobs and to satisfy some bizarre need you have to try to be correct for once.

You are not illiterate; even you know the Obama administrations CBO projects that a wage hike would cost 400,000 to 750,000 minimum wage earners their jobs. That is significant when you realize that less than 2 million people are paid minimum wage.

As far as I am concerned, you are HEARTLESS! Your ideology is over riding your compassion.

Let me explain something------------->winning a Presidential election doesn't make all your ideas, or any of your ideas correct, it just makes them popular. A President who has EVER been elected to these United States, has not yet been inaugurated that at least in one quarter, he enjoyed 3% growth...............until this one named BARACK, HUSSEIN, OBAMA! He still has 9 months-) Lets see if he gets one quarter, or goes down in history as the worst President as far as economics, EVER!

So keep floating those lefty ideas. Popular? I am sure for the ignorant, they are. But destructive? Absolutely. But what do you care, you are an elitist.

There are about 3.5 million people making minimum wage.

Less than a million will lose their job while the 2-3 million who are still employed are making more? I guess that is capitalism. Nobody said its pretty.

What has never been explained was that if the McDonalds down the street is raising it’s wage to $15.00 and the Burger King down the street is raising it’s wage to $15.00, they are both facing the same increase in cost. Prices will rise to cover it and maintain the profit margin for the business owner. Happens all the time.

Celebrating the 400-750 thousand people losing their jobs is a sickness though.

The bizarre desire of the right to celebrate people losing their jobs rears its ugly head again.

I'm not celebrating people losing their jobs. I'm celebrating liberalism once again being proven a failure.

Being right is fun.

Sure you are. It’s your only goal. You know this. You have to shade the truth to get there but nobody would go through such efforts to “get there” unless their goal was to smear someone.

You said this:
But....all 6000 stores are getting self serve kiosks. Prices are spiking (already been going up). And.....they're firing a bunch of employees.

First, the technology will be made available to all franchisees according to YOUR source. That means that they may or may not get them. Bear faced lie.

‘They’re firing a bunch of employees” is not supported by the source in any way shape or form.

It’s a classic case of right wing blowhards looking for something to post and of course, lying through their teeth.

The only reason to post this nonsense is to celebrate people losing their jobs and to satisfy some bizarre need you have to try to be correct for once.

You are not illiterate; even you know the Obama administrations CBO projects that a wage hike would cost 400,000 to 750,000 minimum wage earners their jobs. That is significant when you realize that less than 2 million people are paid minimum wage.

As far as I am concerned, you are HEARTLESS! Your ideology is over riding your compassion.

Let me explain something------------->winning a Presidential election doesn't make all your ideas, or any of your ideas correct, it just makes them popular. A President who has EVER been elected to these United States, has not yet been inaugurated that at least in one quarter, he enjoyed 3% growth...............until this one named BARACK, HUSSEIN, OBAMA! He still has 9 months-) Lets see if he gets one quarter, or goes down in history as the worst President as far as economics, EVER!

So keep floating those lefty ideas. Popular? I am sure for the ignorant, they are. But destructive? Absolutely. But what do you care, you are an elitist.

Less than a million will lose their job while the 2-3 million who are still employed are making more? I guess that is capitalism. Nobody said its pretty.

What has never been explained was that if the McDonalds down the street is raising it’s wage to $15.00 and the Burger King down the street is raising it’s wage to $15.00, they are both facing the same increase in cost. Prices will rise to cover it and maintain the profit margin for the business owner. Happens all the time.

Now see, you just showed how you are not thinking. What will happen to those already making 15 bucks an hr? Well their wages will have to rise, yes! When they get a raise, what about those making 20? Guess they go up to!

So who gets hurt for the most part? People on fixed incomes, and the poor. Congratulations, and as prices rise to compensate for the higher wages, I sure hope you have COLA in your contract!

Being right is fun.

You said this:

No that IS NOT capitalism.

Capitalism wouldn't pay people $15 an hour for a job whose labor is only worth $7.25.

But using the power of government to force that....then causes the market to adjust.

And in this case....the adjustment is firing a bunch of under 30 lefties.

Being right is fun.

You said this:

Or at those prices people will go to other restaurants where you can get more and better food. Can feed three at the Chinese place for $8......that might feed one at the fast food joint

Wendy’s Serves Up Big Kiosk Expansion As Wage Hikes Hit Fast Food

The wage hikes/min wage "Fight for 15" crowd has made Wendy's react. They're my 2nd favorite behind Chic Fil A.

Hey libs.....if you can get 2 workers for $8 each an hour....then make it $15 each....the business will just have 1 worker for $15....not 2 for $30.

THIS isn't how it was supposed to work was it libs????

View attachment 74600
Sorry to hear you're losing your job. Maybe you can be a cop. Oh, wait.

:rofl:

images

I'm sure you're free to buy one of those Wendy's franchises and pay the workers $15 an hour instead of installing robotic equipment..... Let us know how that works out for you.

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

Being right is fun.

You said this:

Now see, you just showed how you are not thinking. What will happen to those already making 15 bucks an hr? Well their wages will have to rise, yes! When they get a raise, what about those making 20? Guess they go up to!

So who gets hurt for the most part? People on fixed incomes, and the poor. Congratulations, and as prices rise to compensate for the higher wages, I sure hope you have COLA in your contract!

Yep. Lefties don't get that either. I believe human resources people call it compression.

The burger flipper can't make the same as the assistant manager. So if his wage goes to $15....the assistant Mgr has to bump up also. A lot. And that person can't make the same as the general manager....so....that persons goes up. So does the regional manager and so forth.

So....prices spike.

And employees are laid off. So a store previously with 20 employees will now have 12....and those 12 will be required to do the work of 20.

OH AND HERE IS THE GOOD PART......

Guess who will walk in the door??? The applicant with more experience, training and education....who previously wouldn't consider doing your $7.25 job.

But at $15....it's now an option.

So your shitty work....better improve or that person replaces you.

Being right is fun.

You said this:

Not necessarily. But I’m sure you’ll insist that they will and I’ll ask for your proof, you’ll put some anecdote up there and I’ll simply shrug. I saved us both 30 minutes.

And at the end of the day, nothing forces the pay of people to go up if the FMW is increased other than those making below that amount. That is the law. Everything else is speculation.

I’m sure Bucs will celebrate every firing. Capitalism is a nasty thing sometimes. I’ve been on the losing end before. I’ve been on the winning end before. As has most people.

The wage hikes/min wage "Fight for 15" crowd has made Wendy's react. They're my 2nd favorite behind Chic Fil A.

Hey libs.....if you can get 2 workers for $8 each an hour....then make it $15 each....the business will just have 1 worker for $15....not 2 for $30.

View attachment 74600

Anyone that had taken a high school economic class, math or with a lick of common sense should have seen that coming.

Can't raise wages in a poor economy, companies don't have the money, just going to make prices raise and make it harder to pay for basic goods. Widen the gap between low income and high income, more people on social services the country can't afford.
Small businesses can't expand, and many will go out of business.

A ten percent increase might have been absorbed, but double the wages? Insane

images

I'm sure you're free to buy one of those Wendy's franchises and pay the workers $15 an hour instead of installing robotic equipment..... Let us know how that works out for you.

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

Wow, that was asinine.

View attachment 74600

Anyone that had taken a high school economic class, math or with a lick of common sense should have seen that coming.

Can't raise wages in a poor economy, companies don't have the money, just going to make prices raise and make it harder to pay for basic goods. Widen the gap between low income and high income, more people on social services the country can't afford.
Small businesses can't expand, and many will go out of business.

A ten percent increase might have been absorbed, but double the wages? Insane

I agree, 15 is way too much to pay basic fast food workers.

Celebrating firings is just plain sick regardless of your politics.

Being right is fun.

You said this:

Capitalism wouldn't pay people $15 an hour for a job whose labor is only worth $7.25.

But using the power of government to force that....then causes the market to adjust.

So everyone who gets fired is a liberal?

Being right is fun.

You said this:

Or at those prices people will go to other restaurants where you can get more and better food. Can feed three at the Chinese place for $8......that might feed one at the fast food joint

They would have to raise their price too…all things being equal.

Being right is fun.

You said this:

Not necessarily. But I’m sure you’ll insist that they will and I’ll ask for your proof, you’ll put some anecdote up there and I’ll simply shrug. I saved us both 30 minutes.

And at the end of the day, nothing forces the pay of people to go up if the FMW is increased other than those making below that amount. That is the law. Everything else is speculation.

I’m sure Bucs will celebrate every firing. Capitalism is a nasty thing sometimes. I’ve been on the losing end before. I’ve been on the winning end before. As has most people.

Wrong idiot.

You can't have the fry cook making the same as the manager. I know you all want communism but it fails.

It's called compression and it will destroy morale and effectiveness of your business if there isn't a nice pay incentive to rise above the bottom rank into management. Otherwise....why do it?? Why take on more responsibility???

If the managers make $15 and the staff makes $8 an hour....and "Fight for 15" wins....then the manager will get bumped to 18-20 an hour at least. You have to.

But hey....what do I know....I'm sure the managers who work long 65 hour weeks will be just fine making the same wage their burger flipper does.

You said this:

Wrong idiot.

You can't have the fry cook making the same as the manager. I know you all want communism but it fails.

It's called compression and it will destroy morale and effectiveness of your business if there isn't a nice pay incentive to rise above the bottom rank into management. Otherwise....why do it?? Why take on more responsibility???

If the managers make $15 and the staff makes $8 an hour....and "Fight for 15" wins....then the manager will get bumped to 18-20 an hour at least. You have to.

But hey....what do I know....I'm sure the managers who work long 65 hour weeks will be just fine making the same wage their burger flipper does.

The irrationality of $15 an hour for burger flippers would cause irrational circumstances on a temporary basis. The notion that if you raise the FMW $3.00 everyone up the chain gets a $3.00 raise is nonsense though.

You don’t “have to” bump anyone up. That is a fallacy.

Being right is fun.

You said this:

So everyone who gets fired is a liberal?

Mostly. Liberals are way worse workers so when someone gets fired it's usually the worst worker....so....the liberals. Not because they're liberals. But because they usually suck at work.

Wrong idiot.

The irrationality of $15 an hour for burger flippers would cause irrational circumstances on a temporary basis. The notion that if you raise the FMW $3.00 everyone up the chain gets a $3.00 raise is nonsense though.

You don’t “have to” bump anyone up. That is a fallacy.

By law no. But you must be a retard if you think you can pay the burger flipper the same as the manager and everything will be fine.

Forum List

Back