Were Adam And Eve Married? Was Adam A Zoophile?

You
Google,
Adam beastiality

Consensus is he was.

Google is wrong. Read the bible, Delta!

If I hadn't, why would I post excerpts from one?

No where in the book of Genesis or any place else does it say that Adam searched for a mate among animals - that is a lie - he didn't find Eve - God created Eve - Eve was not lost out there in the garden - you've mixed up someone's "messed up version of a commentary" with the Book of Genesis and it is not working for you, Delta. Knock it off. You do not want to provoke God to Anger. Very bad idea. Do not provoke the LORD to anger.

BZZZZ! Try again.

20 So the man gave names to all the livestock, the birds in the sky and all the wild animals.

But for Adam[f] no suitable helper was found.

Genesis 2 NIV,
Genesis 2 - Thus the heavens and the earth were - Bible Gateway

That's a stretch and a giant leap to a personal conclusion. Two subjects here:

1) Adam named the animals.
2) Adam had not found a suitable mate.

Nowhere does it say that Adam "dated" all the animals before realizing that none would make a good wife. That's just silly.

Last edited:
You
Google,
Adam beastiality

Consensus is he was.

No where in the book of Genesis or any place else does it say that Adam searched for a mate among animals - that is a lie - he didn't find Eve - God created Eve - Eve was not lost out there in the garden - you've mixed up someone's "messed up version of a commentary" with the Book of Genesis and it is not working for you, Delta. Knock it off. You do not want to provoke God to Anger. Very bad idea. Do not provoke the LORD to anger.

BZZZZ! Try again.

20 So the man gave names to all the livestock, the birds in the sky and all the wild animals.

Genesis 2 NIV,

2) Adam had not suitable mate.

Nowhere does it say that Adam "dated" all the animals before realizing that none would make a good wife. That's just silly.

Only burying yourselves the more you protest. :)

Full relevant text, Genesis 2, NIV, same link

18 The Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him.”

19 Now the Lord God had formed out of the ground all the wild animals and all the birds in the sky. He brought them to the man to see what he would name them; and whatever the man called each living creature, that was its name. 20 So the man gave names to all the livestock, the birds in the sky and all the wild animals.

But for Adam[f] no suitable helper was found. 21 So the Lord God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep; and while he was sleeping, he took one of the man’s ribs[g] and then closed up the place with flesh. 22 Then the Lord God made a woman from the rib[h] he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man.

23 The man said,

“This is now bone of my bones
and flesh of my flesh;
she shall be called ‘woman,’
for she was taken out of man.”

23. And man said, "This time, it is bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh. This one shall be called ishah (woman) because this one was taken from ish (man)."
- Bereishit 2 (Genesis)

This time: This teaches us that Adam came to all the animals and the beasts [in search of a mate], but he was not satisfied until he found Eve. — [from Yev. 63a]

Genesis - Chapter 2 Parshah Bereishit - Tanakh Online - Torah - Bible

No, and yes. No where in Bereishit is there mention of a marriage between Adam and Eve.

Genesis 2:24, "Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh."

This is a direct reference to Adam's relationship with his "wife," Eve.

Genesis 2:25, "And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed."

A reference isn't a ceremony.

No ceremony is necessary. Ceremonies are created by men for men (mankind). Traditions are societal habits but not necessarily God-condoned.

While I personally agree, I don't think religions do. Pretty sure they expect to yay or nay marriages in their name. As does civil law.

Some tradition-based religions DO require a ceremony but it isn't biblical required. At least I can think of no biblical circumstance where a couple had to follow certain guidelines before being married.

You

BZZZZ! Try again.

Genesis 2 NIV,

2) Adam had not suitable mate.

Only burying yourselves the more you protest. :)

Full relevant text, Genesis 2, NIV, same link

18 The Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him.”

19 Now the Lord God had formed out of the ground all the wild animals and all the birds in the sky. He brought them to the man to see what he would name them; and whatever the man called each living creature, that was its name. 20 So the man gave names to all the livestock, the birds in the sky and all the wild animals.

But for Adam[f] no suitable helper was found. 21 So the Lord God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep; and while he was sleeping, he took one of the man’s ribs[g] and then closed up the place with flesh. 22 Then the Lord God made a woman from the rib[h] he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man.

23 The man said,

“This is now bone of my bones
and flesh of my flesh;
she shall be called ‘woman,’
for she was taken out of man.”

You're still jumping to the exact same, false conclusion. Take another look at verse 18. God already had a plan for Adam and He promised a "suitable" helper -- Eve.

In verse 18 God creates animals for Adam as his helper (other versions call it helpmate.) Adam finds none so God creates woman directly from him also as a helper/helpmate. But God did this because it isn't good for Man to be alone (just as Judaism later addresses re: marriage since an unmarried man/woman will have sex on their minds leading them towards sin.)

In other words Eve is given to Adam as a sexual plaything and partner, just as the animals were. As with other things about the Bible, much is infered when not explicitly spelled out.

Adam and Eve were married by Noah, whose authority arose by virtue of being the captain of a ship. However, immediately afterward, Noah threw them overboard, because god wanted them dead.

23. And man said, "This time, it is bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh. This one shall be called ishah (woman) because this one was taken from ish (man)."
- Bereishit 2 (Genesis)

This time: This teaches us that Adam came to all the animals and the beasts [in search of a mate], but he was not satisfied until he found Eve. — [from Yev. 63a]

Genesis - Chapter 2 Parshah Bereishit - Tanakh Online - Torah - Bible

No, and yes. No where in Bereishit is there mention of a marriage between Adam and Eve.

Genesis 2:24, "Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh."

This is a direct reference to Adam's relationship with his "wife," Eve.

Genesis 2:25, "And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed."

A reference isn't a ceremony.
who was there to invite?.....

In other words Eve is given to Adam as a sexual plaything and partner, just as the animals were. As with other things about the Bible, much is infered when not explicitly spelled out.
keep in mind those are nothing but YOUR other words and they don't carry much weight in circles where intelligent thought is respected.......

Forum List

Back